Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm just curious to see how much difference it makes. I've seen people compare bad paint to paint corrected, but never from brand new, to paint corrected. I've recently bought a lot of polishing equipment and worked very hard to get the swirl marks out of my a,b and c pillars. I was going to buy some ceramic coating so I can apply. But still skeptical of it lasts. Not to mention it's so expensive a product.

Love the caesium blue, just beautiful. Have you got back from detailers yet? Would love to see the difference in paint correction
Here's a picture of the car at drop-off with the detailers. You can see the black side vents installed by the dealership and the pillar transit wrap still on. These cars ship with surprisingly little in the way of cover on the body paint, and the number of small blemishes on the car tell the tale. They'd probably have been covered by the polishing job the dealer would have done in PDI. I now understand why my sales rep was so adamant about wanting to have his team prep the exterior before handover -- I've had three year old Audi's with better paint on them than this brand new Jag. I don't say this to knock anyone; instead its to let folks know if they're considering ceramic coating in the future that at least basic paint correction should probably be in their budget.

Thanks. I won't have it back until the 30th. They need about three days with the car, plus three more for the ceramic to cure. Then I'm on the road for work. I'm as eager as you to see it!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm just curious to see how much difference it makes. I've seen people compare bad paint to paint corrected, but never from brand new, to paint corrected. I've recently bought a lot of polishing equipment and worked very hard to get the swirl marks out of my a,b and c pillars. I was going to buy some ceramic coating so I can apply. But still skeptical of it lasts. Not to mention it's so expensive a product.
Took delivery this morning, and the paint correction got the car virtually flawless. There was a mark on one of the mirrors they couldn't get out. Same on some of the pillars. But otherwise I couldn't find a swirl anywhere. Here's a paint closeup in full sun.

For more pictures of the car check out my garage and the caesium blue thread.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I should add: I'm very happy with the choice to swap out the black side vent, black out the window trim, but leave the front grille silver. given the silver roof rail and wheels, as well as the light reflecting off the lower trim panel on the door, I think it's a more balanced look overall.

Still going to swap out the wheel center caps for blue ones, which I received and which do match the caesium blue. Then need to add the leaper to the shift knob, and I think I'm done modding. I don't see a need to swap out the mirror covers with black.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Hey @Hoopics ,

Since you're SO DARN HAPPY with your GORGEOUS *CAESIUM BLUE F-PACE* ,
are you going to join-up with the *DC Beltway Gang* for a convoy ,
and grace us with your presence at the *Mid-Atlantic 2018 Spring MEET & GREET* ???>:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey @Hoopics ,

Since you're SO DARN HAPPY with your GORGEOUS *CAESIUM BLUE F-PACE* ,
are you going to join-up with the *DC Beltway Gang* for a convoy ,
and grace us with your presence at the *Mid-Atlantic 2018 Spring MEET & GREET* ???>:)
That depends. Will you be there?

·
Registered
614 Posts
The Paint looks absolutely gorgeous. I just bought a 6" Rupes, some hardware and a kit of ceramic coating to complete my detailing garage. I'd love to achieve your results in total sunshine.
I should add: I'm very happy with the choice to swap out the black side vent, black out the window trim, but leave the front grille silver. given the silver roof rail and wheels, as well as the light reflecting off the lower trim panel on the door, I think it's a more balanced look overall.

Still going to swap out the wheel center caps for blue ones, which I received and which do match the caesium blue. Then need to add the leaper to the shift knob, and I think I'm done modding. I don't see a need to swap out the mirror covers with black.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You asked for opinions, so here are mine:

1. No and yes. I do not like the mix of chrome (silver) and black, I think you either get the side vents in silver or you do it all in black. If it were me, I would go all black on the chrome or silver bits, and see no need to do black mirrors if you go silver. The only reason I kept the silver on mine is that the vehicle is piano black, and I wanted some contrast (but now am thinking of going all blacked out). I think the blue with black trim bits is great. Or, blue and chrome/silver. Just not both.

2. Yes if you go all black on the trim, no if you keep things sliver.

3. Not a bad choice, i say yes to the blue centers, if the color is close to the body color.

4. NO NO NO NO NO! As some have noticed on other threads, I think Jaguar already has tons of JAGUAR script, leapers, growlers, puddle lights, and other indications that YES, THIS IS A JAGUAR. I think it is overload as it is, and do not like EVERYTHING labeled with the company marketing. Out of control, this is, so I say leave it alone.

5. Like others, I am against the covers. Get them powder coated blue, if that is what you are looking for, but not the covers.
#4 - I went with the Strim logo on the
You asked for opinions, so here are mine:

1. No and yes. I do not like the mix of chrome (silver) and black, I think you either get the side vents in silver or you do it all in black. If it were me, I would go all black on the chrome or silver bits, and see no need to do black mirrors if you go silver. The only reason I kept the silver on mine is that the vehicle is piano black, and I wanted some contrast (but now am thinking of going all blacked out). I think the blue with black trim bits is great. Or, blue and chrome/silver. Just not both.

2. Yes if you go all black on the trim, no if you keep things sliver.

3. Not a bad choice, i say yes to the blue centers, if the color is close to the body color.

4. NO NO NO NO NO! As some have noticed on other threads, I think Jaguar already has tons of JAGUAR script, leapers, growlers, puddle lights, and other indications that YES, THIS IS A JAGUAR. I think it is overload as it is, and do not like EVERYTHING labeled with the company marketing. Out of control, this is, so I say leave it alone.

5. Like others, I am against the covers. Get them powder coated blue, if that is what you are looking for, but not the covers.

#4 - I went with an S trim logo on the shift dial. You can find them for the R sport and S trims, not sure about the other trims. But I don't beleive you can have too much of a Good "Thang"! You See my house a Christmas and the Fourth of July...:cool:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts