Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While working in the garage all day, somehow I have misplaced my keys or either my dog took them to play with.

Is there any hack to track it by the rf signal or any thing else I can do? My wife is 400 miles away with the other key. Even if she FED EX it to me, best I can do is move my car. I did use the remote app and lock it.

Sure could use some suggestions. Yes, I just ordered a TILE for when I find them.

Thanks in advance

Signed,
Mr. I ain't going nowhere

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
no lojack on fob but maybe try listening for the headlight fans to tell you if the fob is near the car because we all know if you get anywhere near it with the fob those fans go crazy!! Also check drivers door because if fob is in car that door shouldn't lock. it will be a game of narrowing it down or go to Jaguar dealer and get new key

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Found them down the road this morning when I was dragging a magnet to find them. Apparently they popped out of my pocket when I pulled the dog trainer out to call my dog closer as a car was approaching.

Still ordering a TILE to attach to them and putting $300 in my credit union as though I had to buy a new key.

Word of knowledge, you can throw the lever under the hood to disengage the transmission but you couldn't get the emergency brake to release without a key. Fortunately or unfortunately which ever, I was able to drag it three feet out from under the garage door on loose gravel using the tow eye, not stressing anything other than the plowed up gravel.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
did you try to remote start it to move?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was insult to injury. It cranked, but the doors don't unlock without the key.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
you should have unlocked from app, got in car, then remote start :p glad you found the fob

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you should have unlocked from app, got in car, then remote start :p glad you found the fob
I'm going to try that in the morning! Never thought about it that way.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Glad you found the key!
I was a lazy bum yesterday and left my keys in a jacket in the house when I went out to move my car. I was able to remote start and unlock from the app, but it won’t put the car in gear without a smart key present.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
I'm going to try that in the morning! Never thought about it that way.
as soon as you press on the brake with out the key the car will shut off.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It won’t happen again. Tile now attached to keychain!

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,256 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts