Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This pop up drives me nuts every time it comes up on the screen.

A few other things that annoy me about the F Pace
1. Stop/Start of engine at idle..I want it disabled all the time unless it goes into eco mode
2.No text notification sound or showing on screen
3. Sometimes when I want to turn off the Fan/A/C it wouldn't allow me unless I push all kinds of buttons to get it turned off
4. The Touch screen - Hate it! I never owned a touch screen and I never will again if I can help it. I totally miss the BMW I-Drive from my last two BMW vehicles.
5. Navigation system is the pits compared to the BMW version
6. Heads up display is real weak

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
I don't get that message. Do you have the ICTP Superupdate on your system?

Regarding Stop/Start, there's not much you can do to permanently disable it (other than a hardware wiring hack.) Do a search here and you should find the relevant discussions.

·
Registered
188 Posts
This pop up drives me nuts every time it comes up on the screen.

A few other things that annoy me about the F Pace
1. Stop/Start of engine at idle..I want it disabled all the time unless it goes into eco mode
2.No text notification sound or showing on screen
3. Sometimes when I want to turn off the Fan/A/C it wouldn't allow me unless I push all kinds of buttons to get it turned off
4. The Touch screen - Hate it! I never owned a touch screen and I never will again if I can help it. I totally miss the BMW I-Drive from my last two BMW vehicles.
5. Navigation system is the pits compared to the BMW version
6. Heads up display is real weak
1) Lots of posts on this forum about disabling the Auto Start/Stop (ASS) system, do a search. Seems that most dealers can (but won't) disable it for you. I just ignore it, life's too short.

2) Some work/some don't, again, search is your friend. My AT&T phone doesn't send notifications, maybe it will after I get the software update next month. Again, life's too short...

3) Not sure what you're getting at, can you elaborate? Why do you need to turn it off?

4) After using both the F-Pace touchscreen and the BMW I-Drive, I have to agree. I'm not convinced a touchscreen belongs in a car.

5) Again comparing the F-Pace to my BMW, it's a push, both have good points and bad points. I suppose it might boil down to what you're used to.

6) No complaints about my heads-up display. Have you adjusted it for position and brightness? Are you wearing polarized sunglasses?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I agree the HUD in my F-Pace is great. I don't know what you are complaining about there.

For you phone, make sure you have a good cable. The cable can cause all kind of issues if it isn't solid or certified. You do need to have your phone unlocked when you plug it in or the system can't launch the InControl App on the phone. You do need the InControl App on the phone, but I assume you already knew that.

I do agree, that the i-Drive system in the BMW (my wife has it in her 428) is much easier to use while driving. While I like having the touch screen while parked, and I hate the BMW system while I'm parked due to the amount of menus I need to get through. I can easily use the BMW system without really looking so much at the screen due to how you can just keep your hand in the area of the i-Drive wheel and spin to your hearts content. I don't drive her car much, but it was super easy to remember after a little time where all the buttons were around the i-Drive to get to the Navi screen, music, etc. Reaching over to the touch screen and using it while driving is much more difficult. Hitting the soft buttons or menu items just long enough for them to register, but not so long that your finger moves and you scroll the screen can become annoying. Or as you are about to touch a menu item you hit a bump and low and behold hit the next one in the list instead. Then back button and it's all just somewhat annoying.

However, I don't see that as an issue with the design of the touch screen or the technology used, it's just a fact of life using a touch screen in a car. Jaguars system, after software update, is fine from my perspective. I find I can do better with the touch screen hitting menu items if I put my thumb on the plastic frame of the the touch screen to stabilize my hand before I start pushing menu items.

I can also become annoyed by the BMW system due to the depth of menus and the slowness of the system.

I also love the 3D look in the F-pace so much better than that in the BMW.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
If you build your own custom screen with your frequent options the touch screen may seem more useable and useful

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1) Lots of posts on this forum about disabling the Auto Start/Stop (ASS) system, do a search. Seems that most dealers can (but won't) disable it for you. I just ignore it, life's too short.

2) Some work/some don't, again, search is your friend. My AT&T phone doesn't send notifications, maybe it will after I get the software update next month. Again, life's too short...

3) Not sure what you're getting at, can you elaborate? Why do you need to turn it off?

4) After using both the F-Pace touchscreen and the BMW I-Drive, I have to agree. I'm not convinced a touchscreen belongs in a car.

5) Again comparing the F-Pace to my BMW, it's a push, both have good points and bad points. I suppose it might boil down to what you're used to.

6) No complaints about my heads-up display. Have you adjusted it for position and brightness? Are you wearing polarized sunglasses?

1. I read about disabling thee auto stop/start but I'm hoping my dealer with agree to do it for me before I touch it.
2.I have the updated software but still no notification of any kind
3.Just to turn off the fan when I want to doesn't happen all the time
4.Agree
5. BMW system is better in IMO
6.HUD in BMW has better clarity and information ex: Display on windshield showing who's calling,better graphic of roads, songs playing etc.
I had a 2015 BMW 435 Gran Coupe so I figures a 2017 model would have same or better system

·
Registered
158 Posts
I get the same message as you. It is an issue and they are trying to deal with it with a software mod, which still is being worked on. I have my car in for this also, and they just re flashed my software today, but not sure of the result yet and if this goes away. Time will tell, but an issue for sure. Has nothing to do with inferior cables or anything else, but software and communicating appropriately with the phone.

Good Luck!!!

Reactions: elvism
1 - 8 of 8 Posts