Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Folks,

I live in east coast of USA. I did a test drive of F-pace 20d AWD today (first time driving a diesel car) and as well Porsche Macan. Here are the noticeable difference at least what I found YMMV:

F-Pace vs Macan
-------------------
Price - approx $8k less than Macan in MSRP
Mileage - 33mpg vs 25mpg (highway)
Cabin/Road noise - F-pace has more noise than Macan. I drove about 20 miles on highway driving between 65-70 mph. Although its interesting in the sense that when I first time I drove F-pace with premium edition road noise was high and second time dealer adjusted tire pressure on Prestige which lowered the cabin noise.
Sportiness/handling of vehicle - Macan by far better than F-pace. I have driven BMW X5 as well but F-pace is much better than X5.
Warranty/Service/Road side-assistance - 5yrs/60K miles on F-Pace (all included). On Macan you can purchase prepaid service for 4yrs/40K miles service for about $2700 but included is only 4 yr/50,000 miles warranty only.

I need help from current owners for following:

a. I drive everyday about 60 miles one way (24 miles in 45 mph driving + 36 miles in 65-70 mph driving) so wondering what is the real life mpg?
b. what was your MSRP and how much did pay so in the essence how much were you able to negotiate?

Thank you for your time in advance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There is no diesel Macon in the US right? You should really try one of the gas engine f-paces to have a more accurate comparison.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is no diesel Macon in the US right? You should really try one of the gas engine f-paces to have a more accurate comparison.
I would strongly agree. You are comparing apples to oranges at this point. The 2.0D really is completely different style of engine. Also the Macon was hit by the VW scandal just like Audi. I wouldn't expect any diesels from them in America soon.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I get 28 MPG in SUPER-heavy (DC-area) commuting traffic, and about 40 on the highway. I assume you'd fall somewhere between those numbers based on the length of your commute and your average speed. The road noise could be because of tire size, or what they're inflated to, or even the type of surface you're driving on. I find mine to be very, very quiet.

I essentially paid MSRP. There's not much dealing going on, if you read through the threads on here.

Reactions: MTHM and Kubota

·
Registered
1 Posts
Milage

I bought my new F-pace 20 D and I absolutely love it. It is giving an average 39.1 miles per gallon in the city. The best milage so far was 48.2 miles in city.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts