Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is getting no power. I put a jumper on it and nothing. I’ve tried the backup start procedure and nothing. I can’t even open the tailgate to check the battery connection. Does anyone have any ideas? How about how to open the tailgate with zero electricity? I’m a transporter and this darn car is preventing me from doing my job.

·
F Pace Expert
2,663 Posts
The car is getting no power. I put a jumper on it and nothing. I’ve tried the backup start procedure and nothing. I can’t even open the tailgate to check the battery connection. Does anyone have any ideas? How about how to open the tailgate with zero electricity? I’m a transporter and this darn car is preventing me from doing my job.
Any chance the anti-theft system had shut the vehicle down? Have a vague recollection of some capability in the car that if it sees itself moving without a transport mode being set that it shuts itself down. Just a thought.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sheesh . . . one more subtle feature that I didn't know about . . . . even though I wouldn't want to find out about this feature in this fashion. YIKES.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Can you get in the car woth the key fob or is the car so dead the remote will not open the door?

DP

·
Registered
226 Posts
Try road assistance/ emergency buttons. Otherwise call Jaguar from your phone. They are able to start your cat remotely.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I finally solved it. If i turn on the hazards the car powered up and started. Just fyi to anyone with the same problem. Also ty for your help everyone.
Well, obviously. Why didn't you just do that first?

SMH. How random! Nice find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts