Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2017 F-PACE S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All,

Just picked up a relatively low mileage 2017 S a few weeks back and found a chance to jump in and introduce myself.

Loving the vehicle so far but waiting to see how it handles the winter in Winnipeg Canada. It's got all the necessary creature comforts needed to get through the winter just fine. Curious about the slippery conditions traction control and am interested to hear other folks input on that.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

- JE

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Welcome to the group

snow mode works great so does the ASI to tell the car how to get rolling on a slippery surfaces

DP

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Welcome, love the grey with the black wheels! My F-Pace S was pretty darn good in the winter, especially when I put winter spec tires on it. I'm sure you'll be fine

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Welcome! Very close to mine without the Black Pack and black wheels. Great looking spec!

As PA-FPace-F mentioned, you'll need a different tire setup vs. the Pirelli summer tires that come stock on the 22" wheels, but the F-Pace capabilities have been complimented by those living in Colorado and other snowy areas. In Philly we don't get huge amounts of snow usually so haven't personally experienced much in the terms of snow performance.

·
Registered
2017 F-PACE S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a set of winter rims/tires still in storage at the dealership and am hopefully getting them this week (got the lugs and centre caps when I picked up the vehicle). I'm assuming if they are any kind of proper winter tire, I'll be in pretty good shape.

Also, just got the 19C.XXX ITCP update from my local dealership today. Now that I have Android Auto, can control the heaters in rear seats and see album art on Bluetooth, I feel like I actually have everything the F-Pace should.

·
F Pace Expert
2,561 Posts
It has been great for me in winter, toasty, comfy, safe with a fair amount of high country driving in very snowy weather. Curious, will it live inside or outside while waiting for the next drive?

·
Registered
2017 F-PACE S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, inside for sure. Attached garage. Worst case it will see 3C / ~37F.

·
Registered
2020 Yulong White with Sienna Tan Leather Interior
19 Posts
I have a set of winter rims/tires still in storage at the dealership and am hopefully getting them this week (got the lugs and centre caps when I picked up the vehicle). I'm assuming if they are any kind of proper winter tire, I'll be in pretty good shape.

Also, just got the 19C.XXX ITCP update from my local dealership today. Now that I have Android Auto, can control the heaters in rear seats and see album art on Bluetooth, I feel like I actually have everything the F-Pace should.
I love the 22inch tires with the black rims but winter driving conditions was a concern (I live in Calgary) when I bought my F-Pace so I opted for the 20 inch and i replaced the stock tire with a 'winter rated - all weather tire' that you can leave on all year round. Given that I just bought my vehicle about 6 weeks ago I haven't experienced a winter with it yet so I am curious about how well these perform. Good luck this winter and maybe let me know your experiences.

·
Registered
2017 F-PACE S
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a separate set of 20s with winter rubber. I'd rather have summers for summer and winters for winter. All seasons are 'ok' at everything, but not great. I had some 245/20 Toyo all-seasons on a previous vehicle that were ok, but if I hadn't had AWD, I can imagine them being lacking. AWD is fine for acceleration and turning grip, but a winter compound will make all the difference when stopping.

You guys have been getting quite a bit of snow out there, in recent years. Curious to hear your experience as well.

Reactions: Nate
1 - 10 of 10 Posts