Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from NJ. I have been reading this forum since I first started looking at the F-Pace in September. Prior to this I had considered the Audi Q7 and the Maserati Levante. My dealer had a Premium and R-Sport and I was sold after the first drive. I really wanted an S loaded so we ordered in the end of October. My car came in 2 weeks ago and I pick it up Saturday. Thanks to all of you, I knew what to ask for and used the pre-delivery letter. My dealer sent me pictures today of the prep. They have been great to work with, especially Craig at Ray Catena of Edison. They are exchange the chrome for the black lug nuts. I will tint the windows. Any other modifications anyone recommends?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS !!! She is a BEAUTY !!!
1. You saved yourself some headache by *Posting PICS right away* !!! ;)
2. You saved yourself from receiving a reply from MTHM saying you need "Black Lug Nuts" !!! ;)
3. Upon observation of the pics , I would suggest asking the dealer to *Adjust the Hood* , as it appears to be out of alignment !!!

Other then that , *WAY TO GO* !!! And Welcome to the Forum !!!

Reactions: MTHM and VZX-CO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CONGRATULATIONS !!! She is a BEAUTY !!!
1. You saved yourself some headache by *Posting PICS right away* !!! ;)
2. You saved yourself from receiving a reply from MTHM saying you need "Black Lug Nuts" !!! ;)
3. Upon observation of the pics , I would suggest asking the dealer to *Adjust the Hood* , as it appears to be out of alignment !!!

Other then that , *WAY TO GO* !!! And Welcome to the Forum !!!
Thanks for all your advice on the forum. I see what you mean with the hood. I just emailed the dealer.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Beautiful car dude, love the black pack, black wheels and black roof rails. That's the way a white F-Pace should look. I agree with GRVR. Your hood is out of alignment. Make them fix it before you drive away. I think your ride would look even more bada$$ with 22 inch black Double Helix wheels. I was born and grew up in Jersey. I admit that I can't stand the state which is why I haven't lived there for more than 30 years. I hear some Jersey car dealers still insist on padding the bill by putting Lojack in any luxury car they sell. I hope your dealer did not do that to your ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree it would be but I had to compromise with my wife. She likes the ride better with 20 inch. My dealer was great. He will fix the hood. No charge for change to black lug nuts. No LoJack. I have always use Ray Catena and they don't do that. For my Lexus GS350 they even gave me free window tinting, free wire and wheel package and transfer of my built in radar detector. They treat me very well. This dealership is no different. Outstanding service so far. As for the state, I am used to it. I am from the Bronx so I am a fish out of water here in Central Jersey where everyone is from Brooklyn and Staten Island. Where in NJ did you grow up? Where in PA are you now?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Sweet looking F-Pace. Pretty cool the dealer is giving you the support with pics during the PDI process. Nice touch.

Welcome to the Club! She will definitely be a blast to drive.

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Beautiful, I might be becoming a fan of white.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats... your car looks beautiful esp. white on black, enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree it would be but I had to compromise with my wife. She likes the ride better with 20 inch.
Congrats with your new ride!!!
I got my F-Pace from the same dealership and liked it as well.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Congratulations, on a super looking FP.

I am very glad you are having the black lug nuts installed. Makes it look a lot better:).

Enjoy your new ride, and keep posting here with us.

The first time I opened and then closed my hood it looked like yours in the photo. I discovered that I had to push the left side down harder to engage the safety latch on that side. Then it looked fine.
Since that first time I discovered that if I give the center of the hood a little more of a push during closing I do not have that issue any more.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The first time I opened and then closed my hood it looked like yours in the photo. I discovered that I had to push the left side down harder to engage the safety latch on that side. Then it looked fine.
Since that first time I discovered that if I give the center of the hood a little more of a push during closing I do not have that issue any more.
In terms of the hood issue, I think I read on another thread that hopping up and down while pushing on it works well.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
In terms of the hood issue, I think I read on another thread that hopping up and down while pushing on it works well.
I like it:)
What I was getting at was, it just may not need adjustment after all. It just had not been closed properly at the time the photo was taken maybe.

·
Registered
245 Posts
We're practically twins it seems. This forum has people coming from a lot of different car viewpoints. I'm one of those that come from the performance camp and I would never touch the 22" wheels. I don't see "bad to the bone", I see lost performance in every measurable metric, less compliance, a greater likelihood of damage, and getting to pay for the priviledge of losses with no gains to offset them. To me 22's are like big wings on a civic. IMO your wife is probably a closet enthusiast and you are just getting your first inkling! You'll be able to confirm this if she asks for a catback in the coming weeks. :)

I'm going to have to beat my dealer up about the lug nuts, I haven't filled out the satisfaction survey yet... :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I agree it would be but I had to compromise with my wife. She likes the ride better with 20 inch. My dealer was great. He will fix the hood. No charge for change to black lug nuts. No LoJack. I have always use Ray Catena and they don't do that. For my Lexus GS350 they even gave me free window tinting, free wire and wheel package and transfer of my built in radar detector. They treat me very well. This dealership is no different. Outstanding service so far. As for the state, I am used to it. I am from the Bronx so I am a fish out of water here in Central Jersey where everyone is from Brooklyn and Staten Island. Where in NJ did you grow up? Where in PA are you now?
I grew up northern Jersey. I've lived in 8 states - New Jersey, Florida, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania - mostly for short periods of time like 1 to 2 years (federal witness protection program), but I've lived in PA in the Lehigh Valley now for 11 years. Prior to PA, I lived in Minnesota 15 years.

Like you, I also had a Lexus GS 350. Outstanding car. Top sports sedan. Real leather. Loved it. They didn't cut corners like Jaguar to keep the price down, but still came thousands cheaper than the competition. Superior handling and performance to the A6, 535i, and E350 competition of the same year (2013), although A6 was a bit quicker to 60 mph.

I'm kidding about the WPP. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Tomorrow is the day. So far all good. Dealership has been great. Even tinted the windows for me. Hopefully it will be a yearly visit and no issues like others have had with their cars. I am optimistic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL. Yes get your dealer to exchange the lug nuts. It should have been option anyway with black pack.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts