Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Australia! Any other Aussies lurking here??

Put a deposit on the F-Pace last week. Didn't get it built from scratch so could only choose what was coming to our shores but found one that matched most of my criteria!

Model - S
Engine - 3.0L Diesel
Colour - Italian Racing Red
Interior - Jet black

Haven't actually seen the car as it's not available in showroom yet!
Couldn't decide between the F-Pace or the Macan but went with the Jag since it looks like it has a longer boot. Prefer it for the pram as bubs is on the way (and also the reason why I could only choose from what's coming). Not sure I'll need all 700nm of torque though.... but I'm not complaining haha >:)

I actually test drove both the Macan and XF (with same engine) in Diesel and the Macan felt smoother - hopefully the F-Pace is a bit more refined :eek:
Either way, went for the practical selection (and visual as I really don't like the look of the Macan's boot) so hopefully didn't make the wrong choice!

Can't wait to get into it. Been told it's arrival is mid Sept! Gonna be a long 2 months :crying:

For now, here's my current rides!
My wkend track warrior, and the empty spot where the F-pace will be parked:

The car that hasta go unfortunately :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome, and that is one clean garage.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very nice looking garage indeed. I am not too familiar with Australian lingo but I think you have a baby on the way which is why you need a second row. If so then you made a good choice! If not, then i really misunderstood the Australian lingo. Either way, welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a car in Australia at the end of April, it is due to arrive in the first week of August. I ordered an ammonite grey portfolio (30d) with jet black interior. The portfolio came with a few extras over the R Sport, and the interior was (for me) better with Windsor leather, even though I marginally prefer the exterior of the S or R Sport - thought I would notice it more on the inside. Other specs include the 825watt 17 speaker stereo with In control touch pro, sliding sunroof, grey blade wheels. Looking forward to it, it's been a long wait but only one month to go. Official launch here is August 1st I understand and mine will be available just after that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi I am also awaiting delivery of a 3.0D R-Sport Glacier White, Jet/Red interior, Black Pack, 22" black double Helix, Pano Roof, In-Control Pro and a few other options. Car was built week ending 10th June and is currently on the Thermopylae heading to Aussie shores, it's due to arrive on the 30th July. I've been hanging around this and the UK site for a while now and have found both sites really useful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's a good spec - how long did it take you to decide the colours, engine and model along with the finer details? I was tossing up between the grey, white and black paint - and considered the same interior you had when I looked like getting the R Sport. Then I was looking at the tan interior in the portfolio but chickened out in both as I have 2 kids. Sounds like ours are arriving at pretty much the same time - probably the same shipment. I'm in Melbourne.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha Krysis, you've got it right. Got a baby along the way as you said!!
I was in Canada last month for a holiday and I felt that my cousin had a bit of issue understanding my Aussie lingo! lolz

I had an option to take a Ammonite Grey on 1st Aug but went for the IRR as wanted it to be more flashy!
Also had a Storm Grey (premium colour) R-Sport option but had similar options except 22" wheels and same price as the IRR S so went for the S!

My choice of colour was IRR, Blue or Storm Grey.
Blue there was no R-Sport or S available on water, and I didn't want to spend extra on the storm grey so IRR was my only choice!

My car somes with:
- HUD Pack
- InControl Touch Pro Pack
- Cold Climate Pack
- Roff rails - black
- Lockable cooled glovebox
- Tow Hitch
- Air Quality sensor (No idea what this is....salesman didn't either!)
- Sliding Panoramic roof

Seems like the 3.0D is the pick of the bunch here in AU so far!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It didn't actually take me long to decide on the colour as we previously had a Orkney Grey discovery and wanted something different. I have loved the look of the White Discovery with the Black Pack for a while so that's was my obvious choice, however Hubby is not overly impressed with my Black wheel choice. We tossed up between the S and R-Sport but decided to go with the R-Sport with the options we really wanted, I may regret this when the time comes to sell. We also had the black roof rails and tow bar as was advised these cannot be retro fitted. Sounds like our cars maybe on same ship if so it comes into Melbourne on the 28th July and then onto us 2 days later, lucky for us our dealer is only located 5 mins from Port.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just got the call - my car is ready to pickup either tomorrow or Monday!

Can't wait! Will definitely post up some photos when I get my hands on it :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
G'day mate,

Goo to see more Aussies here, though seems very few of us want an F-Pace like mine, seems I have hit some of the yanks on here for 6 with my ideas as to what I want to do. At the moment I am just lurking and waiting for aftermarket to catch up.

Good to see more of us amassing!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Just got the call - my car is ready to pickup either tomorrow or Monday!

Can't wait! Will definitely post up some photos when I get my hands on it :)
Awesome, congratulations! Also if I understand Aussie speak, I think you said you need room in the back for the baby stroller and the baby is on the way....if so Congratulations on that. So I assume that is why the two seater is leaving... AS for the 700nm of torque, it will help you get to the hospital quickly when the baby decides it time to greet ya!

·
Registered
40 Posts
G'day mate,

Goo to see more Aussies here, though seems very few of us want an F-Pace like mine, seems I have hit some of the yanks on here for 6 with my ideas as to what I want to do. At the moment I am just lurking and waiting for aftermarket to catch up.

Good to see more of us amassing!
I'm in the same boat but it's crunch time, need a new vehicle but at the same time I want it when there's enough aftermarket around. Might have to buy in soon and then just wait for products to come to market. For the most part I will be looking for performance modifications.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks PA-FPace-F! That is correct - i do have a kid coming hence the Boxster needs to go!
I've been warned to not use the full 700nm whilst baby is in the car. Might snap a neck haha

Fastpace - yea that was one of my concerns, but nothing else on the market seemed to suit.
The good thing about the Fpace is that the boot is longer than the likes of the Macan, so that you can put the pram in length wise rather than sideways, hence freeing up one half of the boot space.

Just got another call - will be picking it up later today! (6 more hours to go!)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rained yesterday and car is so dirty!

The silver trimming on side holds the water and now there's black dots all over it!
Guess need to wash it more often :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
The silver trimming on side holds the water and now there's black dots all over it!
If it makes you feel any better, the black trim from the black pack isn't any better at handling water marks.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts