Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried the heated steering wheel for the first time tonight. My first reaction (within the first minute) 1. Why is this taking so long? 2. My Lexus GS 350 heated steering wheel was much better.

Three minutes into it, I changed my tune completely. The heated steering wheel is OUTSTANDING! Yes, it took longer to heat up than my Lexus, but the heat covered the entire steering wheel (Lexus only covered the portion of the wheel at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock and close by) and my God did it get hot! Not warm, HOT! It took awhile but it heated the entire steering wheel. It was so hot I had to shut it off. I never had to shut off the Lexus heated steering wheel. It would heat for a reasonable period of time before shutting off on its own.

Something good about the F-Pace. An outstanding heated steering wheel, which I prefer over wearing gloves when it is really cold outside. My arthritic hands feel so good on the F-Pace heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Tried the heated steering wheel for the first time tonight. My first reaction (within the first minute) 1. Why is this taking so long? 2. My Lexus GS 350 heated steering wheel was much better.

Three minutes into it, I changed my tune completely. The heated steering wheel is OUTSTANDING! Yes, it took longer to heat up than my Lexus, but the heat covered the entire steering wheel (Lexus only covered the portion of the wheel at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock and close by) and my God did it get hot! Not warm, HOT! It took awhile but it heated the entire steering wheel. It was so hot I had to shut it off. I never had to shut off the Lexus heated steering wheel. It would heat for a reasonable period of time before shutting off on its own.

Something good about the F-Pace. An outstanding heated steering wheel, which I prefer over wearing gloves when it is really cold outside. My arthritic hands feel so good on the F-Pace heated steering wheel.
Hm, I have had a heated steering wheel before and I have found that the F-pace steering wheel heats very quickly compared to others. I usually shut it off within the first two minutes because my hands start sweating. Maybe have your dealer check it if its taking to long?

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
"Good Things Come To Those Who Wait" ! ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
How about getting Jaguar to also make the steering wheel cool and ventilated like my seats.

That would be a first. Worth trading in my S for that one!!!!

Trek does not have the cool Bummer option so would he probably thinks this suggestion is rather silly!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I used mine for the first time this morning and it was almost instantaneous. And VERY warm - I ended up turning it off and on throughout my drive.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah, this heated steering wheel is way better than my previous Audis.

And why doesn't Trek have the cooled front seats? I thought the FE had every option.

·
Registered
295 Posts

And why doesn't Trek have the cooled front seats? I thought the FE had every option.
Not available in the FE. I discovered that some time ago before the vehicles were built and it was a significant topic early on in this forum.

What a BUMMER for FE owners!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts

Because those pretty Houndstooth embossed seats aren't perforated to allow airflow.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Because those pretty Houndstooth embossed seats aren't perforated to allow airflow.
But they are heated..? I am pretty sure Jaguar saved a pretty penny by not putting in cooled seats, if there heated I'm sure they could be cooled no?

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
How about getting Jaguar to also make the steering wheel cool and ventilated like my seats.

That would be a first. Worth trading in my S for that one!!!!

Trek does not have the cool Bummer option so would he probably thinks this suggestion is rather silly!!!
Totally agree! People always think of getting you warm but what happens when its 100 out and your hands are all sweaty gripping the steering wheel. A vented steering wheel is the best idea and I would pay extra to have a ventilated option. Stupid manufacturers haha.

·
Registered
148 Posts
But they are heated..? I am pretty sure Jaguar saved a pretty penny by not putting in cooled seats, if there heated I'm sure they could be cooled no?
Doesn't work that way. Heated seats have heating elements in them. Cooled seats have vents under the seat to direct cooled air from the AC up through perforations in the leather seat. Usually assisted by a fan under the seat. No perforated seats = no cooled seats.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Doesn't work that way. Heated seats have heating elements in them. Cooled seats have vents under the seat to direct cooled air from the AC up through perforations in the leather seat. Usually assisted by a fan under the seat. No perforated seats = no cooled seats.
So the FE seats are not perforated?

·
Registered
286 Posts
i do crazy oozed seats make the seat harder
I found cooled seats make the seat harder

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
They are not perforated, but we get the pretty, somewhat higher grade Windsor leather as a trade-off, I suppose. I admit, though, having sat in a totally loaded S, I think the leather quality is definitely better in the FE but you lose the ventilated seats. As I've posted many times, I had to have the Caesium Blue color. I had to have it. Besides, it came with every other option including the 22inch wheels which I also had to have. Since I only used the ventilated seats in my Lexus GS about twice a year. I decided twice a year wasn't often enough to sacrifice the Caesium Blue color and... drum roll...

The FE comes with the cup holder cover! So take that you F-Pace S braggarts! You don't have the sliding cup holder cover, Jman! I do. :D

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
My S4 doesn't have a heated steering wheel so I'm excited that I get to use it in the F Pace. It's cold out in Austin, TX right now - a brisk 66 degrees! Heated seats and steering wheel on full!

OK just kidding, the heated seats get too hot on the lowest setting for me to be tempted to turn them up to full. I'm afraid I would leave a permanent behind burn mark in the seat...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Never liked the look of perforated seats! FE seats are nice

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
They are not perforated, but we get the pretty, somewhat higher grade Windsor leather as a trade-off, I suppose. I admit, though, having sat in a totally loaded S, I think the leather quality is definitely better in the FE but you lose the ventilated seats. As I've posted many times, I had to have the Caesium Blue color. I had to have it. Besides, it came with every other option including the 22inch wheels which I also had to have. Since I only used the ventilated seats in my Lexus GS about twice a year. I decided twice a year wasn't often enough to sacrifice the Caesium Blue color and... drum roll...

The FE comes with the cup holder cover! So take that you F-Pace S braggarts! You don't have the sliding cup holder cover, Jman! I do. :D
YOU GOT CUP HOLDER COVERS?!? What... :mad: PHOTO PLEASE
I haven't sat in an FE but I am disappointed with the quality of the leather in my S, its already becoming deformed and bending on the corners. I would have gotten an FE I just could not handle the light colored leather, I had it before and it got dirty so easily, I would have gotten the silver and I was a big fan of the 22 inch wheels that came with it. But I'm pretty happy with my ultimate black S

I really enjoy vented seats though for some reason and I didnt realize the seats had to be perforated to have them.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Actually a question about the heated steering wheel...

I've noticed ours gets pretty warm initially then tapers off to the point where I can barely tell it's on. Does anyone else experience the same thing? Timeframe for it to go down in heat level is about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Actually a question about the heated steering wheel...

I've noticed ours gets pretty warm initially then tapers off to the point where I can barely tell it's on. Does anyone else experience the same thing? Timeframe for it to go down in heat level is about 20 minutes.
Nope.. If anything mine builds in heat and maintains it, gets so warm that I actually have to turn it off because my hands get to sweaty.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts