Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I, on purpose, have left the heated seats on when I turn the
beast off.
50/50 shot the seats will be on next time I turn it in.

How does this work?

One seat on setting 1 is too hot; the other is tolerable.
Can never use the higher ones, would be fried rump :)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
beast off.

How does this work?

If you have the comfort and convenience pack you are able to heat only the seat back, only the seat cushion or both. Very neat.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
If you have the comfort and convenience pack you are able to heat only the seat back, only the seat cushion or both. Very neat.
I don't see this option. The CC pack adds heated rear seats in addition to heated/cooled front seats. Am I confusing this?

That said I don't leave my heated seats on, hasn't really been cold enough to use them anyway.

·
F Pace Expert
2,583 Posts
beast off.

How does this work?
Still wondering this too.

Have had occasion to use highest setting and appreciated it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I don't see this option. The CC pack adds heated rear seats in addition to heated/cooled front seats. Am I confusing this?

That said I don't leave my heated seats on, hasn't really been cold enough to use them anyway.
When you are on the seat screen and you have either the heated or cooled option enabled you press directly onto the large seat on the left or right (for driver or passenger) and a sub-menu will pop up that will give you a choice.

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
154 Posts
When you are on the seat screen and you have either the heated or cooled option enabled you press directly onto the large seat on the left or right (for driver or passenger) and a sub-menu will pop up that will give you a choice.
How 'bout them apples, I have cc and didn't know that! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
beast off.

How does this work?

Yes they are the toastiest heated seats I've ever had. I never put the driver seat with my rump in it any higher than setting 1 unless it is in the negative numbers outside and the car's been sitting outside overnight.

As for them coming back on when the car is off for a while, I haven't figured it out specifically yet. It's not like the Dynamic setting which is 6 hours or so, its' clearly a smaller number than that, but it's also longer than the power in the car simply going out.

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
. . and for ICT, you simply touch the back or bottom parts of the seat icon. Default is both when activated, you then de-select either part of the seat.

·
Registered
254 Posts
One thing that I have noticed is that the seat heaters will come back on to where they were set when I start my FP with the Remote App. They only come back on when I use the push start button if the vehicle was off for a 'short' time. I haven't determined what 'short' is.

So there is obviously SOME kind of memory, cuz it works all the time with the remote, even after sitting in the lot at work for 8+ hours.

It is annoying especially coming from an Audi that ALWAYS came back on where they were set. And there was more gradation so that you could fine the RIGHT temperature.

Kerry

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
. . and for ICT, you simply touch the back or bottom parts of the seat icon. Default is both when activated, you then de-select either part of the seat.
My apologies for leaving ICT out, wasn't sure if it was the same process and didnt want to mislead anyone :)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My apologies for leaving ICT out, wasn't sure if it was the same process and didnt want to mislead anyone :)
Oh, no apologies needed, my friend, just covering the low end :) I am fascinated in the differences between ICT and ICTP. I get the sense that ICTP is not an iterative version, but rather, a complete re-design. There are some elements that are familiar, but most very different.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One thing that I have noticed is that the seat heaters will come back on to where they were set when I start my FP with the Remote App. They only come back on when I use the push start button if the vehicle was off for a 'short' time. I haven't determined what 'short' is.

So there is obviously SOME kind of memory, cuz it works all the time with the remote, even after sitting in the lot at work for 8+ hours.

It is annoying especially coming from an Audi that ALWAYS came back on where they were set. And there was more gradation so that you could fine the RIGHT temperature.

Kerry
This is exactly what I can't figure out

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You mean with ICT I can heat the rump OR the back?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
You mean with ICT I can heat the rump OR the back?
From what @theweeb said, if you have the comfort and convenience pack, than yes you should be able to.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yeah the Comfort pack is key, how to get to it is just slightly different ICT to ICTP.

Reactions: Caymus

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Experiment:
Left heated seat on yesterday. Parked beast at 9: am.

Remote started next day 7 am. Seat heater on.

Went to store, left seat heat on, 20 min later
Started beast no heat. .
???? No sense to me

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Experiment:

Started beast no heat. .
???? No sense to me
Possible that the seat heat memory is tied to the temperature either inside or outside the vehicle? In other words, the next day the vehicle was cold, so seats heat, but the 20min stop at the store, vehicle interior already warmed, no seat heat.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Experiment:

Started beast no heat. .
???? No sense to me
Hmmmm !!! Note to self , "Don't SCREW around with the Seat Heat" !!! ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts