Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody else has noticed the same problem that We are having with the outside mirrors ! We have found that the Heated Mirrors do NOT clear Fog and/or moisture away as quickly as we had hoped they would ! My 2014 Ford Fusion mirrors clear in less then 2-3 miles from my house on the way to work some mornings , when there is a light dew or a light fogging on them ! However , my wife drives 20-miles to work , and her mirrors on the F-Pace are still fogged when she gets there , which makes it hard for to use them to back into a parking space ! This was the main purpose for wanting Heated Mirrors ! We addressed this concern with the service dept. yesterday , and they contacted Jaguar to see if they could adjust the Heat Level in them , and Jag said No ! They said that their purpose is to just melt Ice or Snow ! Kinda Disappointing , when the mirrors on my $20K Fusion clear off the fog and water in just 2-3 minutes ! Didn't know if anybody else cared about this , or just me ! :(

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just wondering if anybody else has noticed the same problem that We are having with the outside mirrors ! We have found that the Heated Mirrors do NOT clear Fog and/or moisture away as quickly as we had hoped they would ! My 2014 Ford Fusion mirrors clear in less then 2-3 miles from my house on the way to work some mornings , when there is a light dew or a light fogging on them ! However , my wife drives 20-miles to work , and her mirrors on the F-Pace are still fogged when she gets there , which makes it hard for to use them to back into a parking space ! This was the main purpose for wanting Heated Mirrors ! We addressed this concern with the service dept. yesterday , and they contacted Jaguar to see if they could adjust the Heat Level in them , and Jag said No ! They said that their purpose is to just melt Ice or Snow ! Kinda Disappointing , when the mirrors on my $20K Fusion clear off the fog and water in just 2-3 minutes ! Didn't know if anybody else cared about this , or just me ! :(
Hrrmm...how are they going to melt snow and ice if they aren't getting warm enough to clear condensation away ???

They are getting warm right ? I mean can you tell they are working?

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hrrmm...how are they going to melt snow and ice if they aren't getting warm enough to clear condensation away ???

They are getting warm right ? I mean can you tell they are working?
I don't drive it first thing in the morning , as it is my wife's car ! But I guess that is a test I am going to have to do ! The dealer service dept. said that they felt it getting hot , but when they questioned Jag if they could turn up the heat , Jag said No ! I will do like you suggest and test it myself to see if it is actually heating up ! I'm pretty sure she said the Rear Window is slow at it as well , but it does clear before she gets to work , plus she has the Rear Wiper to help ! Kinda sounds to me like it may just be a real WEAK heating system ! I worry like you , what about snow and ice ! I guess we will have to wait and see , but I would have liked to had figured it out before we get any snow or ice ! Thanks for the reply !

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Not sure if it has anything to do with fan speed... but maybe put front and rear defrosters on and turn fan speed way up just to test if that has any bearing on it.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if it has anything to do with fan speed... but maybe put front and rear defrosters on and turn fan speed way up just to test if that has any bearing on it.
Good Thinking Jman ! However , my wife said she always hits the button marked "MAX defrost" which turns them all on and the Fans on High ! :( Thanks !

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Good Thinking Jman ! However , my wife said she always hits the button marked "MAX defrost" which turns them all on and the Fans on High ! :( Thanks !
Hm... I never really recognized this feature in any of my other cars either because I never really payed attention. But when it gets cooler here in the northeast Ill see if I have a different experience with them. Hope you can resolve the issue somehow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This may be way out there, but is she using ECO mode. Reading the owner's handbook, that shuts off or lowers a lot of "heat" setting.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This may be way out there, but is she using ECO mode. Reading the owner's handbook, that shuts off or lowers a lot of "heat" setting.
Good Thinking hbv2022 ! However , I have already questioned her on that one ! I told her to make sure she leaves it in "Normal Mode" when she shuts it off , that way it will be ready for the next morning ! The "Eco Mode" also lessens the AC Cooling function as well ! I told her that we will probably only use the "Eco Mode" when we are on the highway for a long ride ! Thanks !

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Good Thinking hbv2022 ! However , I have already questioned her on that one ! I told her to make sure she leaves it in "Normal Mode" when she shuts it off , that way it will be ready for the next morning ! The "Eco Mode" also lessens the AC Cooling function as well ! I told her that we will probably only use the "Eco Mode" when we are on the highway for a long ride ! Thanks !
ECO on the highway will not provide much benefit
Eco mode is more for city driving I believe. I would just stick with the normal driving mode (or dynamic >:) )

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ECO on the highway will not provide much benefit
I thought that 'Eco Mode" gives you better mpg's ? That's the reason I said I would use it on the Highway !

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think in the manual it states that: "the rear-view door mirror heaters operate automatically, according to the external temperature and the heated rear window operation."

You can make them heat up a little quicker by hitting the rear window defroster and using max defrost in general, but it seems to be done automatically.

I find that they clear up within 5 minutes or so after I start driving - I leave my house early and there is always condensation on all of my mirrors. I happen to have the heated front windshield and that thing clears up extremely quickly when I turn it on. Wish the rear and side mirrors would do it as quickly but it is what it is. So far no real issue...but it would be nice for the side mirrors to clear up quicker.

Reactions: GRVR and tvn300

·
Registered
168 Posts
So here's a wild theory: the defrost system for mirrors, glass, etc (including heated windshield) come on automatically, based on outside temperature, humidity, etc. So, might your wife be turning OFF the rear defogger when she thinks she's turning it on?

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So here's a wild theory: the defrost system for mirrors, glass, etc (including heated windshield) come on automatically, based on outside temperature, humidity, etc. So, might your wife be turning OFF the rear defogger when she thinks she's turning it on?
I don't think so , because when she gets in she hits the MAX-defrost button , and all the defrost lights come on and the fan automatically goes on High ! The front windshield is the first to clear , and then the rear window (slowly) , but the mirrors just don't want to ! The Service Department at the dealer said they felt Heat on the mirrors , so I don't know ! At this point , I would think it is safe to say , that with the way our ICTP system has been failing , there is NO "wild theory" that we won't listen to ! :) Thanks , tvn300 !

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
I was doing a search and found this post. Did you ever figure out the side mirror issue and get it to work consistently?

DP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts