Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, F-Pacers

Just wondering how can we tell if our heated mirrors are working?(2 exterior side mirrors)
According to the user manual, the heated mirror are fully automatic. Seems like controlled by some sensors detecting water/moist? There are few water drops on the surface of the mirrors after raining, I drove it for 20 mins (sunny day, right after raining), I can still see the water drops on the mirrors, I touched the mirror surface with my hand, not even warm.....

How does your heated mirror works? how high is the surface temp. should be?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
"The rear-view door mirror heaters operate automatically, according to the external temperature and the heated rear window operation."

I think they activate when you hit the rear window defrost, but that is simply my speculation.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
"The rear-view door mirror heaters operate automatically, according to the external temperature and the heated rear window operation."

I think they activate when you hit the rear window defrost, but that is simply my speculation.
Thats how my friends Toyota works. It would make sense and I don't think it being fully automatic is a great idea either. The car doesn't know when the door mirrors might become fogged up so I hope there is a way to manually control that.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
So if you have foggy mirrors, simply hit the rear defrost button, and they should clear.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello, since lots of rainy days in Toronto this week, I tested my "heated" mirror again, not working at all for raining. The mirror surface is full of water drops all the time while I am driving. I touched the mirror surface with my hand, its cold.....my Golf has a switch for heated side mirrors, when you turn it on in the rain, it evaporates all water drops on the surface fast so you can have a clear view on your mirror. The F-Pace, Even if I hit the rear defrost button, the water is still stay on my mirrors, and the rear defroster only works for about 10 min then it turns off automatically. I never felt my heated mirror works since I bought this car, let me know if your heated mirror works, in what situation it works? Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if you have foggy mirrors, simply hit the rear defrost button, and they should clear.
Hi, theweeb. Have you got a chance to try the heated mirror? Does it work with rear defrost? How high is the mirror surface temp. go?:confused:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hi, theweeb. Have you got a chance to try the heated mirror? Does it work with rear defrost? How high is the mirror surface temp. go?:confused:
I have not, as we have had days in the 60-80 range, and since I work from home, and have a vehicle with huge damage, have not driven it much :(

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I have not, as we have had days in the 60-80 range, and since I work from home, and have a vehicle with huge damage, have not driven it much :(
Hey theweeb , to lift your spirits up , howzabout shooting us a NEW AVATAR ??? I think it's about time !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Hey theweeb , to lift your spirits up , howzabout shooting us a NEW AVATAR ??? I think it's about time !!! ;)
My friend, I would if I could, but I have yet to have a singe response to the current one. I doubt many others have touched the right side of the speedo, and when I started a thread about such things, I was crucified. My point in that original thread was to start a discussion over how the F-Pace handles at speed, to share experiences in pushing the envelope, but was torn down for being irresponsible. Curious, why have a top speed of 155 at all then, if you are not going to explore getting close to it? What is the point?

So as not to hijack this thread, I will have to wait a long time to see if the heated mirrors work above freezing, as I am moving to NC in a month, where temps rarely get below that mark.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
My friend, I would if I could, but I have yet to have a singe response to the current one. I doubt many others have touched the right side of the speedo, and when I started a thread about such things, I was crucified. My point in that original thread was to start a discussion over how the F-Pace handles at speed, to share experiences in pushing the envelope, but was torn down for being irresponsible. Curious, why have a top speed of 155 at all then, if you are not going to explore getting close to it? What is the point?

So as not to hijack this thread, I will have to wait a long time to see if the heated mirrors work above freezing, as I am moving to NC in a month, where temps rarely get below that mark.
Lol, I remember the thread clearly and how us "speeders" were crucified and told that we threaten the lives of others on the road (only true if you are a terrible driver). My top speed in my Lexus and F-pace have been well into the triple digits and both were extremely stable at speed. Although I'm right there with you in the speeders club, I don't think we can really argue that because the limited top speed is 155 that gives us permission to go that fast... I would think they set the speed that high so if you really wanted to track the F-pace you could, but I wouldn't use top speed as an argument to go fast.

Back to OT, I do not remember clearly now if I remember the heated side mirror ever working. My previous car had them as well and I don't remember them getting warm to touch so I don't think thats an indicator if they are working or not. From what I understand, its a universal feature that when you turn the rear defroster on this turns the side mirrors heaters on as well.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Lol, I remember the thread clearly and how us "speeders" were crucified and told that we threaten the lives of others on the road (only true if you are a terrible driver)..
I cannot tell you how many miles of interstate there are in Montana with only suggested speed limits, where you can go 50 or 100 miles without seeing another car, let alone a Justice of the Peace. Same way with parts of the Colorado plains, where the road is clear, the sides separated by large distances, without a tree or bush in sight, and minimum traffic. I have driven likewise in parts of Idaho and Utah that are the same.... not advocating braking - er, breaking - any laws, but sometimes common sense dictates right foot position. Droning along at 65 when the sun is out, the road is straight, there is no other traffic, no trees or other obstructions near the sides, just does not make sense to me.

As for the heated mirrors, I can only hope that our friends north of the boarder - er, border - will chime in on their use.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I cannot tell you how many miles of interstate there are in Montana with only suggested speed limits, where you can go 50 or 100 miles without seeing another car, let alone a Justice of the Peace. Same way with parts of the Colorado plains, where the road is clear, the sides separated by large distances, without a tree or bush in sight, and minimum traffic. I have driven likewise in parts of Idaho and Utah that are the same.... not advocating braking - er, breaking - any laws, but sometimes common sense dictates right foot position. Droning along at 65 when the sun is out, the road is straight, there is no other traffic, no trees or other obstructions near the sides, just does not make sense to me.

As for the heated mirrors, I can only hope that our friends north of the boarder - er, border - will chime in on their use.
Absolutely see your point there. I have never been on such road because I think there pretty hard to find here in the crowded northeastern coastal areas. But at night when everyone goes to sleep its a pretty nice opportunity to see how a car handles at speed... of course at risk of a speeding ticket and depending on the speed possible reckless driving depending on the attitude of the officer >:)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
water drops everywhere on my side mirrors.... Blocking my vision, cannot relay on the heated mirror anymore. Maybe I do not even have it behind the mirror cover?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts