Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. New SVR owner here. Needless to say, my expectations are exceeded every time I fire it up.

One question though. I don't see an option to have the tachometer show up on the HUD? Am I missing something, or is it truly not available?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That would be nice to select what we want to see, when we put it in Dynamic mode.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Agreed - would be great if the user was able to configure what displayed on the HUD. I wish they would have shown the local speed limit from the ICTP maps program on the HUD. Not that anyone in this forum drives the speed limit. ;)

·
Registered
873 Posts
[
I wish they would have shown the local speed limit from the ICTP maps program on the HUD.
HUD should display speed limits if selected. Mine definitely does.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I would like to see the tach in the HUD as well. One thing it will do though is show when you hit redline when in manual mode. The gear indicator in HUD turns red.

·
Registered
511 Posts
That's just too weird that you can't see the tach in the HUD. Even my 2011 Buick LaCrosse I had could do that. I didn't know it until way later when I noticed that there was a switch somewhere that allowed the driver to toggle back and forth between tach, speed and something else of which I don't remember now... :unsure:

·
Registered
75 Posts
[ HUD should display speed limits if selected. Mine definitely does.
[

HUD should display speed limits if selected. Mine definitely does.

You probably have the package that has the cruise control assist (ie the package that has the plastic plate that smooshes the growler on the front of the auto for the automated cruise control). I opted out of that package - never worked well for me on other autos. I looked to see where that setting to display the local speed on HUD might be enabled and couldn’t find it in the HUD settings. Would be interested in knowing where you set the local Speed limit in HUD - maybe I’m looking in the wrong place but my hunch is I’m not configured for that setting.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Traffic sign recognition is part of the driver assistance package. You’re also missing out on some really neat features besides adaptive cruise. Speed limiter and 360 camera come to mind. I thought blind spot assist was in the pack, but it’s standard on the S.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Traffic sign recognition is part of the driver assistance package. You’re also missing out on some really neat features besides adaptive cruise. Blind spot assist and 360 camera come to mind.
Yes, I miss the 360 camera - have that on another car - and a couple of the other features you mentioned. Guess I’ll have to wait until I upgrade to the SVR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Traffic sign recognition is part of the driver assistance package. You’re also missing out on some really neat features besides adaptive cruise. Speed limiter and 360 camera come to mind. I thought blind spot assist was in the pack, but it’s standard on the S.
Agree on the 360 camera, I really wish I had that. But speed limiter (ASL) is standard on all models. At least it was per the brochure for '17. Common in Europe, I find ASL really handy, especially in heavy traffic (and especially if you don't have adaptive cruise control!!)

·
Registered
873 Posts
But speed limiter (ASL) is standard on all models. At least it was per the brochure for '17.
Yes, you're correct. I meant INTELLIGENT Speed Limiter, the one that reads the signs and changes automatically.
These packs are confusing and change year to year to complicate things. Hard to keep up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts