Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The headrest is so far forward that the upper back of someone with a stiff back will not touch the seat without aiming the head downward. Anyone deal with this?

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
To be able to even get in the car requires a certain amount of contortionism...I don't see the headrests being a real issue...I have to lean back some to touch my head to it...

Try reclining the back a little and then scoot the bottom forward some...Or Better yet, raise the headrests 3 clicks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should further explain that problem is a back with a fused spine - can't conform to the seat with the headrest so far forward. Only answer is a pillow behind shoulders, which seems a little silly on a $60k car...

·
Registered
536 Posts
I agree with DPK. I have to lean back some to touch my head to the headrest so maybe just try reclining the seat a little bit.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Headrest is terrible. Thing is rock hard unless you drive your head into it. I also dont like that you can't adjust the headrest fore and aft.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Do you currently own an F-Pace, or are you shopping around? If you haven't taken the plunge yet, and considering your disability, I recommend a loaded Volvo XC90. The seats are absolutely the best on Planet Earth, more comfortable than a Bently or other car that costs three to four times as much. I have spinal stenosis and three herniated disks. I find the driver's seat to be very comfortable and the headrests no problem at all. I, too, have to lean back to touch the headrest. They are definitely not too far forward.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gotta agree with Trek, I've until now not heard a complaint about the headrest other than it's hardness. If you cant get comfortable in the test drive scenario things are not going to get better with a few hours butt time. I'd look elsewhere if this is the case. You might consider the Macan if you have performance on your mind, I don't know that it works for you but nothing else really compares to the Pace at this size so if you can get comfortable there it might be you baby. As Trek said the Volvo has probably the best reviewed seating in CUV/SUVs in anything close to this price range and my butt agreed on the test drive, the seats are absolutely excellent.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
The drivers side headrest somehow managed to extend forward the other day - I noticed it as soon as I got in. I'm sure you already have, but make sure the headrest is actually pushed all the way back.

·
Registered
536 Posts
The drivers side headrest somehow managed to extend forward the other day - I noticed it as soon as I got in. I'm sure you already have, but make sure the headrest is actually pushed all the way back.
The head rest will move forward and back? I thought it only moves up and down.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I realize there are different seats in the different options, but in our Prestige, the headrests definitely only move up and down.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Maybe I've lost my mind. I was going to link the manual to show jos to adjust but the manual only shows it going up and down.

I wonder where I did that...it wouldn't be in my car because my S4's seats are one piece on the back.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Maybe I've lost my mind. I was going to link the manual to show jos to adjust but the manual only shows it going up and down.

I wonder where I did that...it wouldn't be in my car because my S4's seats are one piece on the back.
Not to worry! Happens to the best of us. Yesterday in one of my posts, I couldn't tell left from right!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Inflate the lumbar support to max. This does help

Reactions: TLockhart

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Still celebrating 4/20 I guess ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Maybe I've lost my mind.
Maybe. But I was happy to find that the rear headrests flip down using the button controls and greatly increase the visibility to the rear. Perhaps you are remembering that...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Maybe. But I was happy to find that the rear headrests flip down using the button controls and greatly increase the visibility to the rear. Perhaps you are remembering that...
I never thought to do this and tried it a few weeks ago. Improves rear view mirror vis 100%. Works well if you're not carrying folks in the back on a regular basis.

Reactions: Jetman

·
Registered
95 Posts

Now, I don't know what it would take to engage them, but the headrests are "anti-whiplash". Meaning that in a fast braking situation they will move forward to support the head, so when your head "whips" back, it doesn't travel far. Not sure how fast you have to stop to engage them... but just a thought.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Now, I don't know what it would take to engage them, but the headrests are "anti-whiplash". Meaning that in a fast braking situation they will move forward to support the head, so when your head "whips" back, it doesn't travel far. Not sure how fast you have to stop to engage them... but just a thought.
Nevermind, don't pay attention to me. The F-Pace doesn't have Active head restraints. At least from what I can tell.

Reactions: Jman97

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do you like your driver seat?

I testdrove the F-Pace 35t and was extremely impressed with the performance, feel, ride & handling; it really got my adrenaline flowing!!! But I felt the headrest was sticking out a little towards the front too much? Do you guys feel the same? The passenger headrests are flat and I was wondering if you could swap them?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I testdrove the F-Pace 35t and was extremely impressed with the performance, feel, ride & handling; it really got my adrenaline flowing!!! But I felt the headrest was sticking out a little towards the front too much? Do you guys feel the same? The passenger headrests are flat and I was wondering if you could swap them?
Assume you are aware that the different models (Prestige, R Sport, S etc.) have different seats.

We have not tried to swap front to back in a 2017 Prestige

1 - 20 of 24 Posts