Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a way to disable the really annoying headlight washer? The only purpose so far I see it has is to spray the side of my car and anything else next to me. I ask at the dealership and they told me there is no way to disable it. I am hoping they are wrong.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There has to be a way to just disconnect and cap/tie/pinch the tube. Really depends on if there is a separate pump systems for the headlights and where that is.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Just curious, the only time the headlight washers work is when the windshield wipers are on. Cycles every tenth time the wipers are turned on or something like that. Which would mean that you are using your windshield washers or it is raining out and the wipers are on. Is that not the case? Are they coming on by themselves during dry weather?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Just curious, the only time the headlight washers work is when the windshield wipers are on. Cycles every tenth time the wipers are turned on or something like that. Which would mean that you are using your windshield washers or it is raining out and the wipers are on. Is that not the case? Are they coming on by themselves during dry weather?
I find they also trigger when you are just looking to wash the window from time to time. I think reading the manual back when I got the F-Pace, the headlight washers operate every 4th time you use the windshield washers. I also think that count resets every time the car is turned off. I think the feeling is if there is a lot of salt or there debris on the road and you are using the windshield washers frequently during a single trip in the F-pace, the headlights probably need a clean.

I would believe that since they run on a different interval and I've never seen the power of the windshield wash drop when they are running, that they must have a separate motor driving them. Find that motor, disconnect the power and wala, off for good. I haven't looked in the manual to see if they have their own fuse (probably won't) but if that was the case you could just pull the fuse.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
My point is that this does not happen on a clean car otherwise why would you use the wipers and if so why so frequently?

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The only purpose so far I see it has is to spray the side of my car and anything else next to me. I ask at the dealership and they told me there is no way to disable it.
Ummmm , wouldn't an easier solution be to find a better dealer that would have had the sense enough to say "Please bring the car in so we can make the appropriate adjustments to the washer spray nozzle , so this won't happen again , Sir" ?????? I mean , *Clean Headlights* is a *Safety Issue* !!! On our commercial trucks , we have to wipe down all Lights and Lenses , in order to keep the DOT happy !!!
I have already heard on this Forum about people who had to have their Windshield Wiper Fluid Spray adjusted by the Dealer , so as to hit the Windshield more appropriately !!! I question the legitimacy of your Dealer , for not offering to FIX the problem immediately !!!

Reactions: bpmba

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for some of the suggestions. We are checking into removing a fuse or somehow disconnecting the line. To answer the question of why you use you wipers if your car is clean . When driving you do get bugs etc on the windshield and I live in Florida and with alot of pollen , dust etc you do need to use the wipers/washer just to clean the windshield. The first time you do that the headlight washer also comes on therefore the whole car down the side front etc gets sprayed and spotted. We will keep checking into the issue further but as I read I guess this has always been an issue with Jaguar vehicles.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Thanks for some of the suggestions. We are checking into removing a fuse or somehow disconnecting the line. To answer the question of why you use you wipers if your car is clean . When driving you do get bugs etc on the windshield and I live in Florida and with alot of pollen , dust etc you do need to use the wipers/washer just to clean the windshield. The first time you do that the headlight washer also comes on therefore the whole car down the side front etc gets sprayed and spotted. We will keep checking into the issue further but as I read I guess this has always been an issue with Jaguar vehicles.
There's definitely something wrong here. The h/lamp washers should not activate each time you use wiper/washer. It should only work every 4the time. You need to take a trip to a dealer that will look into it for you.

Reactions: PA-FPace-F
1 - 8 of 8 Posts