Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone comment on how they like the standard halogen headlights? Do they provide sufficient light? I am used to led and would like to buy the Premium due to pricing. Vision package with HID adds for more consistent light? Are you happy with HID? Only Prestige has led. I have a Volvo XC60 T6 currently which makes me ask- can you see out well enough when driving the F Pace (blind spots? Small back window view?) or do I need the vision package for the blind spot indicators as well? Thanks in advance for any input you wish to offer.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
can anyone comment on how they like the standard halogen headlights? Do they provide sufficient light? I am used to led and would like to buy the Premium due to pricing. Vision package with HID adds for more consistent light? Are you happy with HID? Only Prestige has led. I have a Volvo XC60 T6 currently which makes me ask- can you see out well enough when driving the F Pace (blind spots? Small back window view?) or do I need the vision package for the blind spot indicators as well? Thanks in advance for any input you wish to offer.
I would recommend the vision package. HID headlights are a world better than normal halogen bulbs and its always better to have BSM even if you have decent views out of the car. I think there is a pretty decent blind spot in the F-pace do to the shape of the car and how large the rear haunches are. Its very pretty to look at but its not great for seeing out of.

Reactions: Turbodog

·
Registered
581 Posts
...... - can you see out well enough when driving the F Pace (blind spots? Small back window view?) or do I need the vision package for the blind spot indicators as well? Thanks in advance for any input you wish to offer.
“well enough” is a relative term. Vision, specifically rear vision is not particularly good out of the F-Pace. It is somewhat inherent in the cross-over design. It is no better and perhaps a little worse than some others. The great looks come at a bit of a cost.

When researching the F-Pace, we dropped several alternatives from our list because they did not have Blind Spot Monitoring in the trim we wanted. I would not go without this safety feature these days. The BSM function on our F-Pace is also a step up from our 2009 XF, which has BSM, but does not have Cross Vehicle Sensing. I have since found this addition in the F-Pace most helpful, particularly reversing out of a space in a busy parking lot with both pedestrians and other cars. That’s where the high hip-line is most notable and CVS most valuable. In addition, I see that MY 2018 has Emergency Braking as well as Lane Departure Warning as part of the Vision Package for only an additional $45.00 over the MY 2017 price. A great value in my book.

As to HID’s, I can’t comment as I have LED’s on a Prestige.

Good luck with your deliberations.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
LEDs look the prettiest and project the best, but HIDs are also outstanding. I haven't bought a car in over 10 years with Halogens. I won't even consider them. Toss in a few more dollarsf to get either HIDs or LEDs.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I am used to led and would like to buy the Premium due to pricing...
I have the Prestige LEDs and have noticed that they face forward and illuminate the road. Any of the headlight options should probably do a good job of that. Did not get BSM since it was $2k and included some features I did not want. The only feature I've missed is the bolster adjustments not included in the 10-way seats. I'm a bit narrower than the standard bolster spacing and find that I tend to wedge myself against the inside bolster to get some support when driving for fun. This works and is not uncomfortable, but...

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
I'm a bit narrower than the standard bolster spacing and find that I tend to wedge myself against the inside bolster to get some support when driving for fun.
Well I'll Be !!!
I would have never thought their would be a *disadvantage* to being *narrower* !!! ;)

I can't wait to go tell *VR* about this , because she is always telling me she wishes I were *narrower* !!! >:)

Now *GR* has a Good Excuse NOT to be !!!
Because *GR* is *Bolster to Bolster* Baby !!! :laugh: SNUG as a BUG in a RUG !!! :D

On Topic , I feel the LED's are NICE and BRIGHT ! First time I have ever had them !

·
Registered
245 Posts
LEDs look the prettiest and project the best, but HIDs are also outstanding. I haven't bought a car in over 10 years with Halogens. I won't even consider them. Toss in a few more dollarsf to get either HIDs or LEDs.
Yep, I think it's one of those things that once you've had em going back is a recipe for regret. Consider this one carefully...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts