Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

HDMI always on mod?

23K views 53 replies 20 participants last post by  island boyeee 
#1 ·
Anyone mod their video to always work, not just when parked? I know it has been done in other models.

#20 ·
Gents,

Perhaps someone can try to connect their Andriod phone to the HDMI port, mirror the phone screen on the ICTP and report back on whether they are able to manipulate the Andriod Auto app properly.
If we can confirm the above works, then the HDMI always on mod could technically allow us to take advantage of Andriod Auto (running from the phone - mirror on the ICTP screen) using this method.

Regards

Kiz

#26 ·
So what if we replace the screen with a 10" dual view Touchscreen for the UK or the middle east? that way driver and passenger to see two different views on the same 10.2" colour touch-screen. or even is there is some sort of hack to the current screen software that can enable access to different functions at the same time. The Driver enabled access to Touch-screen controls for system features such as navigation, system controls, and non-visual audio. The passengers can use the digital "Whitefire" wireless headphones and watch digital TV or DVD via Dual View.

Also is there a way to enable or Digital TV like in the UK

Attachments

#27 ·
guess no one care about this dead subject

#28 ·
So today I ran into this site JAGUAR F-PACE 2017 2018 Unlock Video Interface and Navigation Interface with Multiple Camera Switching they have a plug and play harness interface that works with the ICTP. it should be a straight forward install, however, i cant find any info on dissembling the dashboard and getting behind the ICTP unit to install this thing. anyone has seen a step by step video or a guide on removing the ICTP unit. notice how I'm the only one who keeps posting here LOL.

By the way, my plan is not to watch while driving, my plan is to mirror my phone screen to the car or connect an Amazon stick and have more options with streaming music.

HELP HELP

#31 ·
wait what?!! really? The 16 pin connector usually behind the head unit. I just installed one on my 2015 Range Rover!! this is new to me. let me go do more reading.Thanks

#32 ·
Yes, the price is good. I remember paying a lot more for the one I used on my Range Rover 2 years ago.

It so seems that this bypass is working fine. Now isn't this the same ICTP the Jaguar uses? 2017 - 2018 Range Rover HSE (L405) Video In Motion*Bypass

if so, then it will use the same 16 pin connector behind the dash unit. Jaguar dash is a little more complicated to get behind it.

#35 ·
I think you are correct. The 16 pin of for the INTERFACE with BUILT-IN HD SMARTPHONE MIRRORING via HDMI. vever mind. there just not that much inro out there. can you share the link for the assembly diagram ?

Attachments

#36 ·
I have been looking at this unit for the same reason. I love my new F-Pace, but I still prefer running Waze on my phone over the built in Nav. Since I just got my F-pace, I have been waiting for someone else to try out this solution before I jumped in and did it.

#43 ·
Anyone knows where is the navigation computer/screen controller is located in the F-pace and how to get to it?

#45 ·
So the carpet panels has to be removed to uncover? I wonder if anyone have a diagram or pictures. This should be an easy install if in fact that's where it's located. I'm getting ready to pull the plug and buy the video in motion device and get a Chromecast to mirror the phone in the ICTP screen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.