Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our diesel has 3500 miles and tonight I saw this warning:

This is what the manual mentions, but I wanted to check the forum 1st before I contact my dealer tomorrow morning:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
One of many reasons why I don't embrace diesel technology. It's dying around the world anyway. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yes - at 150 miles - it was a loose sensor. It has nothing to do with the car being diesel, so ignore Trek's uninformed thinking. They did have to order the part from the Motherland, but it's not dangerous and there is a temporary fix to be made while you wait for the part. PM me if you want any more details.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Also worth checking the gas cap. We've had two loaners now that have had that pop up on us and the reason was the gas cap was not on tight enough.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Its been around long enough you would think everyone would know to turn the cap until it clicks... o_O
Had to buy a new gas cap for my x3. 007 vintage.

Kept getting a check engine light.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Its been around long enough you would think everyone would know to turn the cap until it clicks... o_O
We had a car with a bad seal on the gas cap and it was the cause of the light - you could click it until you wanted to puke but still would produce a warning light.

Reactions: DPK

·
Registered
89 Posts
No matter how hard I turn the gas cap it doesn't "click". I have wondered if it is sealing well enough. Does anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
245 Posts
The usual fix to the gas cap is turning it a little more, not the gas cap being defective and then replaced. It was the latter I was referring to but I hadn't honestly thought of a failure. I've never seen myself or known someone in the real world who had a faulty cap nor read about it on the various forums I've frequented as I move from one car to another. I'm always learning something new it seems... :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think if it's the gas cap, you get a bunch of warning lights in addition to the engine light. At least that was the case in previous cars I've owned.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
It has nothing to do with the car being diesel, so ignore Trek's uninformed thinking.
bpmba +1 v. Trek *0*

*OUCH* !!! >:)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Also worth checking the gas cap. We've had two loaners now that have had that pop up on us and the reason was the gas cap was not on tight enough.
We don't have gas caps on diesels, just fuel filler caps:D

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
We don't have gas caps on diesels, just fuel filler caps:D
AND a "DEF cap" !!! ;)
A New Royal Farms Filling Station opened up near us , that has Diesel Pumps , some with separate DEF nozzles !
Right now they are $2.89 gal. for DEF !

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
AND a "DEF cap" !!! ;)
A New Royal Farms Filling Station opened up near us , that has Diesel Pumps , some with separate DEF nozzles !
Right now they are $2.89 gal. for DEF !
We are not allowed to use those DEF pumps. Too much pressure according to JLR. Will damage the system.

Reactions: DPK and Caymus

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
One of many reasons why I don't embrace diesel technology. It's dying around the world anyway. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
Really? So you think Jaguar and many other companies would spend billions on a dying technology? How/where do you get your information? Dial up AOL?

Yes - at 150 miles - it was a loose sensor. It has nothing to do with the car being diesel, so ignore Trek's uninformed thinking. They did have to order the part from the Motherland, but it's not dangerous and there is a temporary fix to be made while you wait for the part. PM me if you want any more details.
Exactly. They reset the system, drove around and told me that if happens again, they will order a new part (DEF). They mentioned that some other people had a similar issue because of the fuel cap.
All good now and enjoying 35 mpg on a dying technology....:D

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
We are not allowed to use those DEF pumps. Too much pressure according to JLR. Will damage the system.
Hey MTHM , you do realize that if you don't pull the nozzle handle completely open , it will flow slower !!!
Just curious if you knew that or not ??? ;)
Your Pal , *GR*

1 - 20 of 25 Posts