Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back I, like many of you on the forum, paid $299 to my dealer to add the Smartphone Pack to my vehicle to get Apple Carplay and Android Auto enabled. Then with the release of ICTP 19B (I think it was B....feel free to correct me if not) Jaguar enabled this for all vehicles that were able to support it.

I was particularly salty about this since I paid to for the upgrade 2 WEEKS before 19B was released and this decision was announced, plus it with all the issues I've had with my ICTP I relly felt this should have been done complementary for all the trouble to begin with. So I had asked my dealer if I would be refunded the $299, which they responded with a YES. I was then told that once the dealer was refunded by Jaguar Corporate for the upgrades, they would then then be contacting customers who had paid for the upgrade to issue a refund or credit. I knnnowww what you're thinking as you just read that, you're laughing, like YA RIGHT they'll call me to refund me $$.

Its been a few months and of course I've heard nothing from them. I haven't had a great experience at this dealer, so I'm about at the point to follow up again with my sales rep about this. I'm going to continue to bug them until I'm issued the refund. I know its just $299 but like I said I'm salty about this....so really just doing this to be petty get a win...plus $299 I'd rather spend elsewhere or at the very least to have a credit for when I need something fixed down the road.

So, has anyone heard anything from their dealers about this? Anyone gotten any sort of refund??

·
F Pace Expert
2,630 Posts
If I were in your position I’d write a letter to dealer copied to JLR NA and see if it gets something moving.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
I didn't have to pay for it when I got the upgrade. I would push them for a refund.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I was charged for it by Imperial in Lake Bluff.

Had no idea it became free of charge.

Makes me salty too!!
I go to International Autos in Orland Park. I had a few connection glitches with Incontrol and sometimes bluetooth issues (which almost everyone has probably had at some point). That was enough to get it for free for me. I think a lot of them just want a reason to charge it back to Jaguar.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I’m in the exact same boat...literally paid for it 2 weeks before as well! I am still annoyed by this. I’ve not heard a peep from the dealer yet but am thissssss close to my next service interval so am going to see what they say when I bring it in for my 40K mile service.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A few months back I, like many of you on the forum, paid $299 to my dealer to add the Smartphone Pack to my vehicle to get Apple Carplay and Android Auto enabled. Then with the release of ICTP 19B (I think it was B....feel free to correct me if not) Jaguar enabled this for all vehicles that were able to support it.

I was particularly salty about this since I paid to for the upgrade 2 WEEKS before 19B was released and this decision was announced, plus it with all the issues I've had with my ICTP I relly felt this should have been done complementary for all the trouble to begin with. So I had asked my dealer if I would be refunded the $299, which they responded with a YES. I was then told that once the dealer was refunded by Jaguar Corporate for the upgrades, they would then then be contacting customers who had paid for the upgrade to issue a refund or credit. I knnnowww what you're thinking as you just read that, you're laughing, like YA RIGHT they'll call me to refund me $$.

Its been a few months and of course I've heard nothing from them. I haven't had a great experience at this dealer, so I'm about at the point to follow up again with my sales rep about this. I'm going to continue to bug them until I'm issued the refund. I know its just $299 but like I said I'm salty about this....so really just doing this to be petty get a win...plus $299 I'd rather spend elsewhere or at the very least to have a credit for when I need something fixed down the road.

So, has anyone heard anything from their dealers about this? Anyone gotten any sort of refund??
What dealership? I had a dealership in Chicago completely screw me over. My car was in the shop for 5 weeks, which is lemon law. They brought it back to me and said it was fixed after 2 days and I didn’t pick it up, which is a total lie. I had to take it to a dealership out of state and they had to bring in a German engineer. It’s a very crooked dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was similarly annoyed after our glitchy the ICTP platform was - so paid for the smartphone pack.

Called JLR NA and they said take it to a dealer and they would refund. They just did as an offset to my 2year service. Very straightforward.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I was similarly annoyed after our glitchy the ICTP platform was - so paid for the smartphone pack.

Called JLR NA and they said take it to a dealer and they would refund. They just did as an offset to my 2year service. Very straightforward.
You were charged for 2 year service? All service is free for the first 5 years tho?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
The dealership told me I have to call JLRNA to get refunded which sounds like crap. I’ve not yet made the call since that’s additional frustration I don’t need this moment on top of being home with my two small children homeschooling (I’m going crazy LOL).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The dealership told me I have to call JLRNA to get refunded which sounds like crap. I’ve not yet made the call since that’s additional frustration I don’t need this moment on top of being home with my two small children homeschooling (I’m going crazy LOL).
Oooof that’s really frustrating. I took my partners Evoque to my dealer (Orloff Chicago) last week and brought this up again only to be told the same. May try calling JLRNA to see if I have any better luck sometime this week. I’ll let you know how it goes....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts