Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The first one is listed on the JagUSA inventory search.....it's a Premium, coming into Colorado Springs "expected the end of the month". Looks like all those are stuck with the diesels too waiting on the EPA. I'd guess mid-July before you see comprehensive reviews.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had that engine in an XE loaner a few weeks back - lighter car so it's not perfectly comparable, but a data point anyway. Impressions were mostly good -- maybe a little underpowered from launch, but really strong acceleration at mid to high RPM. I definitely had some fun with it!

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not the F-Pace, but a 2018 XE R-Sport with the 25T powerplant.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You will probably see it on youtube soon

There already is a YouTube video of the 25T reviewed over in the UK. Sorry I don't have the link..... It got relatively positive review but was a little coarse and roaring under hard acceleration... appx 25 MPG.
Prob an OK choice if you don't like to push it.....

·
Registered
406 Posts
Much like the 4 cylinder Macan, the Jaguar dealers will have problem moving the 4 cylinder F Pace. Most people who spend this kind of money on cars prioritize driving dynamics over efficiency.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Much like the 4 cylinder Macan, the Jaguar dealers will have problem moving the 4 cylinder F Pace. Most people who spend this kind of money on cars prioritize driving dynamics over efficiency.
I have to disagree. Maybe a fraction but not most of them; this is an SUV not a sports car. 0-60 in 6.4 sec is plenty fast for a soccer mom going to get groceries and picking up her kids. Besides, you only have 16 gal of gas in the F-Pace which is pitifully small.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have to disagree. Maybe a fraction but not most of them; this is an SUV not a sports car. 0-60 in 6.4 sec is plenty fast for a soccer mom going to get groceries and picking up her kids. Besides, you only have 16 gal of gas in the F-Pace which is pitifully small.
The Macan is a SUV as well, and the 4 cylinder version is not selling well at all. The only thing going for the 4 cylinder F Pace might be the lower price point.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not sure if this 25t has the same 2.0 turbo in the Evoque. I hated that car so much. Talk about turbo lag. Bad bad bad!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Macan is a SUV as well, and the 4 cylinder version is not selling well at all. The only thing going for the 4 cylinder F Pace might be the lower price point.
Macan's interior is much smaller, not much utility at all. I don't think it has the same type of buyer. Besides the base Macan is $48K which is way overpriced for a little SUV. :rolleyes:

No the 2.0t is brand new Jaguar designed engine. There is also a high output version with 296 hp/295 lb/ft named 30t:

Jaguar Adds 296-HP Four-Cylinder to XE, XF, and F-Pace - Motor Trend

·
Registered
14 Posts
I drove the 25T yesterday and it is all as much fast as the V-6 . When I drove the V-6 it felt that the car was slow when you feathered the pedal gas pedal but the four-cylinder had a lot of torque and the gas pedal very responsive. I preferred the four-cylinder over the 6 cylinder.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I disagree..The F-Pace is a PERFORMANCE SUV no less..using the same drivetrain as the F-Type..To put a stinking rice burning 4 banger in it, is sacrilegious to the brand...Soccer moms need to stay with a Chrysler mini-vans.;)

Reactions: Dabitz

·
Registered
406 Posts
Macan's interior is much smaller, not much utility at all. I don't think it has the same type of buyer. Besides the base Macan is $48K which is way overpriced for a little SUV. :rolleyes:
I was shopping for a Macan for a while before I bought the F Pace, both SUV are very similar in size, the Macan's back seats has a bit less leg room and the truck is bigger in the F Pace. In the end, it was the Macan's maintenance cost that drove me away. The Macan also had a 4 cylinder engine that has a lot of torque, it is very loud but does not sound as good as the V6. In the city, the Macan I4 as quick as the Macan V6 due to the weight reduction of the engine but on the highway, it lacks behind the V6 engine. I would imagine the Jaguar 4 cylinder engine will have the same issues, noise and high end power.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I drove the 25T yesterday and it is all as much fast as the V-6 . When I drove the V-6 it felt that the car was slow when you feathered the pedal gas pedal but the four-cylinder had a lot of torque and the gas pedal very responsive. I preferred the four-cylinder over the 6 cylinder.

Thanks Joe for the review. Based on Jaguar's specs, the 25T max torque starts @ just 1200 RPM, that is almost instant, moving only 3,800 lbs. That explains why the car felt responsive.

The 30T is on Jag's website now with 295 lb/ft torque arriving from 1500-4500. 0-60 in 5.7 sec; that is the same as the supercharged V6.:laugh:

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where did you have a chance to drive it?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts