Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
There should be some of us that can help answer that question by the end of this week as several have arrived at port early last week.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
I had a ride in a diesel about 4 - 6 weeks ago. It was quiet, plenty of torque and I thought had a good ride. If I were to make the choice again I would pick the diesel for its efficiency assuming that I could get all the options I wanted. If speed is your thing then get the gas version.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I had a ride in a diesel about 4 - 6 weeks ago. It was quiet, plenty of torque and I thought had a good ride. If I were to make the choice again I would pick the diesel for its efficiency assuming that I could get all the options I wanted. If speed is your thing then get the gas version.
Would you choose the 20d or the 30d ? And why ?

Reactions: VZV

·
Registered
358 Posts
I drove the diesel XF - I know, different vehicle, but same engine - and thought it was very smooth, very quiet and very powerful off the line.

As @JagPA noted, there are several us (including me) eagerly anticipating "the phone call" from our respective dealer(s) this week!

Reactions: GRVR and VZV

·
Registered
226 Posts
The 3.0 is not available in the US. So the only option is the 20d. If it were available I would've probably chosen the 3.0.

Reactions: GRVR

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Didn't know there were two choices. If that were the case I'd pick the 30d as it would have more torque thru the curve and just a better overall response. My son's X-5 has a 30 or 35 diesel and I like the pick up and fuel economy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Haven't driven the 3.0d but received my 2.0d auto AWD a month ago. Very happy thus far with my first Jaguar - remarkable grip on the road & sits on corners like a sports car; very comfortable ride; quick, strong; great torque; MPG of about 34 around town (taking it for its first long trip on French motorways later this month & curious to see fuel consumption numbers). Ample power for overtaking (I've seen some iffy reviews on this but I don't agree - I haven't had any issues when flooring the accelerator to overtake, even at speed - the response is great). Really impressed with the 8-speed transmission - extremely smooth, agile & responsive. Loads of built-in tech & connectivity to this car - it's taking a while to get on top of it all.
Few further comments: I'd recommend the extra expense for the InControl Touch Pro - impressive, intuitive system & no sign of any glitches/freezes (thus far) - way way way better one than my previous car's (Disco 3 - JLR's issues with infotainment systems definitely sorted with this one). Very handy & useful feature to transfer the satnav map to the instrument panel, where it appears slightly larger. Only slight criticism - as has been stated elsewhere - is limited, somewhat inadequate rear vision. While this is a small price to pay for the elegant lines & the looks it attracts, I'd definitely recommend the rear camera on any model, and the blind spot warning system (which I regrettably didn't order).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too test drove the diesel last week, our Prestige diesel is in route and I agree with all the other observations. Torque is excellent and only possible criticism is the forecasted MPG. Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to share "real" numbers.
Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
h
I d like more miles per tank. Had heard the diesel has a lag when stepping on accelerator.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haven't driven the 3.0d but received my 2.0d auto AWD a month ago. Very happy thus far with my first Jaguar - remarkable grip on the road & sits on corners like a sports car; very comfortable ride; quick, strong; great torque; MPG of about 34 around town (taking it for its first long trip on French motorways later this month & curious to see fuel consumption numbers). Ample power for overtaking (I've seen some iffy reviews on this but I don't agree - I haven't had any issues when flooring the accelerator to overtake, even at speed - the response is great). Really impressed with the 8-speed transmission - extremely smooth, agile & responsive. Loads of built-in tech & connectivity to this car - it's taking a while to get on top of it all.
Few further comments: I'd recommend the extra expense for the InControl Touch Pro - impressive, intuitive system & no sign of any glitches/freezes (thus far) - way way way better one than my previous car's (Disco 3 - JLR's issues with infotainment systems definitely sorted with this one). Very handy & useful feature to transfer the satnav map to the instrument panel, where it appears slightly larger. Only slight criticism - as has been stated elsewhere - is limited, somewhat inadequate rear vision. While this is a small price to pay for the elegant lines & the looks it attracts, I'd definitely recommend the rear camera on any model, and the blind spot warning system (which I regrettably didn't order).
Thank you! Just the info I wanted. I had decided to NOT get the ictp because not tech savvy at all.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I too test drove the diesel last week, our Prestige diesel is in route and I agree with all the other observations. Torque is excellent and only possible criticism is the forecasted MPG. Hopefully, soon, I'll be able to share "real" numbers.
Steve
Any comments/first reactions on your diesel test drive?

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
h

I d like more miles per tank. Had heard the diesel has a lag when stepping on accelerator.
Not noticeable under normal acceleration. Very typical for a turbo charger vs. a supercharger. That is why some use a combination of turbo and super chargers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, 3.0D Portfolio - amazing engine and when in Dynamic or Sports Mode is just goes!. I test drove a 2.0D with the dealer for about half an hour. My only niggle is that the front parking sensors do not automatically activate which is ridiculous.

·
Registered
168 Posts
It is the 2.0 we are looking for feedback on. Sadly, we can't get the 3.0 in the U.S.

Reactions: VZV

·
Registered
151 Posts
Havent driven the 2.0. Very exciting though. Great milleage, torque, great price too! Love diesel! Wish the 3.0 was in the states

1 - 19 of 19 Posts