Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum as I recently picked up a 2023 SVR the other week. Gotta say I'm loving the car! However, I am already itching for more power, haha.

I contacted Stuart at Velocity AP, but he informed me that they have been unable to read the ECU for 2023 model year. He did suggest that I bring my car to one of their partner tuners (I'm in central Cali) to see if they could read mine. He said he wasn't sure if their was a specific VIN cutoff, or if all 2023 models have the new encryption. Only thing is it's a solid 3 hour drive one way. Definitely hoping to make the trip within the next couple of months if I can get to it. But, has anyone had any success with tuning their 23 SVR at all?

Here was another response I got when I submitted a general Inquiry to Velocity AP;
Unfortunately, we don’t currently believe we will be able to flash your ECU – the 2023’s we have come across so far all have some new Bosch encryption/security that our tool suppliers have not yet been able to bypass.

Loving all the info from the forum so far! Lot's to learn about on this car.

· Registered
323 Posts
Stuart's the man when it comes to tuning the AJ126 & AJ133's, so I'd take my lead from him.

Personally, I don't see the limited headroom for tuning a SVR as being worth voiding the warranty, but that's strictly a matter of personal taste/risk/money. Best of luck.

· Registered
231 Posts
Personally, I don't see the limited headroom for tuning a SVR as being worth voiding the warranty, but that's strictly a matter of personal taste/risk/money. Best of luck.
What do you mean by "limited headroom"?

· Registered
323 Posts
What do you mean by "limited headroom"?
A tuned 5L will boost to about 605 HP. Add pulley to get another 20 or so.
Your stock SVR will out run 95% of the cars on the road. You're already faster than my F-Type. Tuned, it will out run 96% of the cars on the road - and maybe my modified 1991 VR4.

So, I'm not anti-mod - just suggesting you weight the pluses & minuses.

PS, be sure you discuss the mod with your insurance company in advance. They generally require notice and you may need to pay extra and/or find a new carrier. Not telling them gives grounds to deny coverage on a claim, and your risk goes up significantly from just the $30k engine. The VR4 is not on my main policy.

· Registered
2,795 Posts
I don't know if all of that tuning to get only 55 hp to 75hp is really worth risking the warrantee with an early SVR. If you have 60k miles on an SVR then go for it unless you have an extended warrantee. I haven't found the need for more HP than I have right now to be honest. And if I want to have a diffierent drive, I get in my wife's F-Type. It's only a P450 but I pull the exhaust Fuse and it makes a racket like an R and it more than enough HP for a car that is 600lbs lighter than the F-Pace.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Being so new, I'll probably hold off for a while. You guys bring up good points regarding the warranty. I was definitely leaning towards doing the pulley's and tune. My other car is a Pontiac G8 GT that I've had with some minor mods and tune going strong for nearly 15 years without engine issues so I guess I've subconsciously gone in with the mentality that I can do it ASAP. Maybe I'm fortunate that they are unable to tune the 2023 models so far. Gives me time to drive the car as is and see if there are any engine issues before I even tamper with it.

It seems to me however, that the Supercharged 5.0 is a pretty solid platform. Has anyone reported any major problems? I don't seem to find much in the way of issues while searching the forums.

Then there is the Lister which I believe keeps most everything as is save for a pulley and tune, and modified intercoolers. It sounds like the engine and transmission are plenty capable of handling the extra power. I think it would more or less come down to maintenance, and bad luck if something were to happen to the engine. Am I right with that thought?

· Registered
228 Posts
Yes your right on the tune I have the lister and they can’t do ..it I’ve been waiting over a year , they promised not much longer , they cover everything with a 7 year warranty of there own so no need to worry there
Power up from 550 to 675 hp
Toque up from 700 to 881 nm
0-60 down from 3.8 to 3.3
Top speed up from 178 to 200 mph
This is the new shape I’m talking about (old shape down slightly on the numbers )
But it’s plenty fast enough as is .

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes your right on the tune I have the lister and they can’t do ..it I’ve been waiting over a year , they promised not much longer , they cover everything with a 7 year warranty of there own so no need to worry there
Power up from 550 to 675 hp
Toque up from 700 to 881 nm
0-60 down from 3.8 to 3.3
Top speed up from 178 to 200 mph
This is the new shape I’m talking about (old shape down slightly on the numbers )
But it’s plenty fast enough as is .
Wow I remember reading posts about you going with Lister a while back now. (been lurking for a solid year or so haha). You mean to tell me you have all the lister upgrades, pulley etc. and they still haven't provided a tune??? Are they running into the same issues with not being able to get past the new encryption?

· Registered
228 Posts
Wow I remember reading posts about you going with Lister a while back now. (been lurking for a solid year or so haha). You mean to tell me you have all the lister upgrades, pulley etc. and they still haven't provided a tune??? Are they running into the same issues with not being able to get past the new encryption?
no upgrades on the pulleys pointless doing them until the tune is ready
Yes the same problem can’t get past the encryption password
They keep telling me not long but the company they use in Germany have sorted the some new models but not yet the f pace .
I don’t really use the car that much only done 3000 miles in 15 months but a little annoying that when I asked before they started is everything in place ie new moulds for bumpers and the tune they said yes . The moulds for the bumper wasn’t done until they had my car . I remember the salesman telling me the tunes been done that was the first job ( lies )then in October 21 when I collected said it wasn’t but would definitely be done at Xmas 21 lol .
they did think they sorted it in October and there technicians came to my house to do the job but it didn’t work
They have sold around 4 new shape stealths to my knowledge each one not having the tune yet must be some annoyed customers by now .
The car tho is amazing sounds fantastic I get stopped everywhere I go it really does look fantastic they do a great job
It’s not a stealth without the tune so I’ll just have to wait they did give me an extra years warranty and breakdown free of charge and swap my wheels for the later design . Once (if) it’s done I’ll let you all know
Car itself as been flawless so far no problems is a fantastic vehicle

· Registered
79 Posts

· Registered
228 Posts
Yes correct .
All looks and no poofffff
The new exhaust gives around 25 hp they say
That video is the old shape they can tune that and that does have 666 675 hp and 881 nm
The new shape 2021 model year is the problem once done it will be slightly faster than old shape

1 - 17 of 17 Posts