Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Future owner here from Camarillo California. Been scouring this forum for the last few weeks now gathering as much info as I can to help me with this purchase; decisions, decisions!

Finally tied down my choices and will be placing my order this weekend; F-Pace S, ammonite grey, jet/jet interior with jet headliner, black package, tech package, roof rails, 20" blade 5 spoke black rims. ETA; the end of March.

Interestingly enough our normal dealer where I purchased our RR Evoque a few years back and just recently purchased an XE was only willing to give a $500 discount off MSRP; limited allotments and high demand deal. Just for grins called a competing dealer and right off the bat got 5% off MSRP with NO deposit! Seems some are a bit more willing to negotiate than others.

Anyway, will keep all updated as this order moves forward. Thanks to everyone for the valuable information provided on this forum :)

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wish you well on your new upcoming vehicle. Mine is an Ultimate Black "S" w/Black interior and Jet headliner.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum and wish you well on your new upcoming vehicle. Mine is an Ultimate Black "S" w/Black interior and Jet headliner.
Thanks for the welcome Mike! Seems we have similar taste. At this point I just hope I don't regret not adding any additional options; trying to keep it somewhat affordable.

Don

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I hope you wait time flies by.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is name of dealer offering 5% off?
Stay tuned on that one. The original dealer I was working with threw their hat back into the fray; we should see how that pans out by the end of the day. I'll post the final details once I place the order this weekend.

Either way, March is a LONG way off :crying:

Don

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome! The wait can be excruciating! lol. Wow 5% off MSRP is pretty good!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

After spending the last few weeks going back and forth on the my configuration, finally decided to place my order today! Stuck with my original build, but added the satin fine line wood veneer, and the activity key (just because). Purchased through my normal dealer, although he couldn't match the 5% off MSRP his competition offered, he did do it for $500 over invoice. I was willing to pay a bit more, and have the peace of mind that to date their service department, and customer service as a whole, as been spectacular. To me, there's value to that.

Anyway, I'll have the build and delivery dates provide to me this next week; will keep all posted.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, after having my build rejected by JLR corporate (no more MY17 slots open), TWICE, was starting to get a bit frustrated. My current Evoque lease was finishing up (been doing a month to month), and was wondering if I would be left high and dry waiting for the MY18's. But to my joy, seems a new batch of Pace's have been showing up at dealers this month, and low and behold found one darn near exactly the way I wanted. One dealer trade later, and I'll be picking it up this weekend! FINALLY! Will post pics soon. Thanks again to all the contributors on this forum!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Settled for the "stock" S wheels rather than the 20" black version. Also, the interior trim is the optioned gloss black, rather than the meshed aluminum. Haven't seen it yet; might actually be OK. Can always swap it out later if I want ($$$). Most likely will be adding the activity key down the road. So final build is Ammonite Grey S, Tech Pack, Roof Rails, Black Pkg, Gloss trim. Got a good deal on it; so pulled the trigger.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Settled for the "stock" S wheels rather than the 20" black version. Also, the interior trim is the optioned gloss black, rather than the meshed aluminum. Haven't seen it yet; might actually be OK. Can always swap it out later if I want ($$$). Most likely will be adding the activity key down the road. So final build is Ammonite Grey S, Tech Pack, Roof Rails, Black Pkg, Gloss trim. Got a good deal on it; so pulled the trigger.
I always think people are shooting themselves :)

·
Administrator
1,970 Posts
BTW you can't add the active key later. Cheaper to add it now if you think it is important. Do you participate in any activities where you can't or don't want to carry the key fob with you?

·
Registered
589 Posts
BTW you can't add the active key later.
Someone claimed recently on another thread to have done that for $600 parts and labor.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Someone claimed recently on another thread to have done that for $600 parts and labor.
That's $200 more than the active key sells for from the factory.
Correct on both counts. My dealer has done in for other customers. Yup. more expensive than having it come on the original build, but that horse already left the barn :(

Just got back from the beach today, and wish I'd had it.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
*CONGRATULATIONS* SoCalGuy !!! That is one *SHWEET LOOKING RIDE* !!!
I don't think anyone could look at it , and think you "settled" in any way !!! ;)

BTW , your driveway looks nicer then my Kitchen Floor !!! >:)
It looks like you live in a Real Good Hood !!! ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to give an update on a few issues I have with the F-Pace, and where we're at to date. I dropped the car off for service Monday after a joyful 1st week of use, for the following problems:

1) 3-G connectivity issue; display shows the connection is active, but no actual connectivity
2) Navigation guidance provides no voice prompts; worked randomly one time only
3) Sirius radio fails to show channel icons or logos
4) Mis-aligned hood

Received a call today (Wednesday) from the service manager. They ensured that all software updates were applied, yet problems 1-3 remained (sent the ride to a body shop for the hood alignment). A few "tickets" were opened w/ Jaguar, who advised to replace the control unit for the infotainment system. They hope to have it installed and in working order by Friday. Fingers crossed.

They were nice enough to give me an XF R-Sport loaner for the week. It also has the ITCP system, and it works just fine (for Nav and Sirius), but has that ear shattering phone ringer issue (where the F-Pace didn't). Go figure; seems it's a crap shoot what works and what doesn't...

Anyway, stay tuned for updates.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts