Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been lurking for a while. Fantastic site for a potential F-Pace owner.

Longtime Jag fan, and will hopefully join the owner's club soon.

I've narrowed it down between an F-Pace S or a Volvo V90 R-Design (HATE the new powertains in Volvo now). This site has been a HUGE help in leaning me much more heavily to the F-Pace now.

Back to lurking, see you out there...

Tony

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hey Tony...welcome. I had to write since I reserved an F Pace from Norwood Jaguar a month ago. Though I am in the suburbs north of Philly, the sales manager there treated me very well and unbelievably had just ordered the exact configuration I wanted a week before I emailed him. I am thinking I may catch a Red Sox game with my son when I come up in April to pick up the F Pace.

If you find something on the lot, I am guessing you could get a decent discount, since the 2018 information is just being released.....though differing opinions on when those 18's will arrive in the states....anywhere between May and August....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey MGluck....great info! I've been emailing with Jag of Norwood for a while and will likely go in this weekend to test drive for the first time. They seem pretty decent, but I heard their service dept. needs work.

Did they work with you on pricing at all? I'm thinking I may order one as a 2018, as the ones on the lot right now with the packages I want have the red/jet leather (which I don't want). I really only want the S with tech package and roof rails. I'm not big on all of the driver aids, etc. My current Volvo XC70 has all if it and I never any of it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Dakar09, looks like you have a tough decision. The Volvo is a beautiful vehicle but very different from the F-Pace. If you are looking for a comfortable SUV and aren't into the performance thing, the Volvo may be the better choice, but if you want performance and handling and a more sporty SUV, the F-Pace wins hands down. I looked at both and I wanted the Sporty SUV, that is why I'm in an F-Pace. I think the Volvo is beautiful but it's a big SUV to be pushed by a 4 banger, turbo or not.

Reactions: crabman

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PA, you and I have the same thought process.

I'm a Volvo enthusiast (yes, they exist) and always modify my vehicles to make them as sporty and fun to drive as possible. My current XC70 T6 has the Polestar optimization on it with custom exhaust and a coil-over kit dropping it 1", and I run dedicated summer tires to get the most out of it when the weather is nice. So you can see why I have an issue with the new Drive-E engines. Cool tech, but it's just not enough for me. I'm more interested in the V90 CC that just came out vs. the XC90, but the V90 is actually heavier than the SUV. Even with the turbo + supercharged engines, all reviews indicate it's a nice plush ride but not "exciting".

Bring in the F-Pace, which is a bit smaller inside and may not have the shnazzy interior of the new Volvos (things of beauty), but that's okay for now. It's gorgeous outside, sounds great, has an OUTSTANDING engine and chassis. That's where my fun in life comes from right now.

Both come out at almost the exact same price when configured the way I want them, but I would get "A Plan" pricing on the Volvo and save a few grand. Then again I'd have to add the Polestar tune for another $1200 just to make it mildly fun to drive.

I am REALLY leaning Jag at this point.

I appreciate your input!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Tony, I am working with the sales manager at Norwood and easily got $2000 off MSRP. He also indicated he could match the 1.9% financing rate that I have from PenFed. Obviously I will not have my vehicle serviced there.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was there today, and the dealer was really cool about letting me take out an S and an R-Sport. He also understood that I am not making a move until May or June, but we'll keep in touch with what inventory he has coming in and what vehicles I may still be able to make some changes to. All in all, they were excellent to work with. I think USAA will give me the best rate from what I've looked into so far, but I'll also see if the can match it.

On a side note, what an outstanding vehicle. It blew me away how good it felt to drive. Almost don't even want to test drive the V90 now, but I owe it to my Volvo brethren to at least take one for a spin. But I'm pretty sure I made up my mind today (S, lightly optioned or an R-Sport as long as it has the adaptive dynamics package on it).

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
On a side note, what an outstanding vehicle. It blew me away how good it felt to drive. Almost don't even want to test drive the V90 now, but I owe it to my Volvo brethren to at least take one for a spin. But I'm pretty sure I made up my mind today (S, lightly optioned or an R-Sport as long as it has the adaptive dynamics package on it).
Ahhh Yes , That is the *MAGNETIC FORCE* that is known as the *Jaguar F-Pace* !!! ;)

Feast your eyes upon it , place yourself in it , let your foot make contact with the accelerator ,
and the rest as they say "Is History" !!! >:)

·
Registered
521 Posts
I was there today, and the dealer was really cool about letting me take out an S and an R-Sport. He also understood that I am not making a move until May or June, but we'll keep in touch with what inventory he has coming in and what vehicles I may still be able to make some changes to. All in all, they were excellent to work with. I think USAA will give me the best rate from what I've looked into so far, but I'll also see if the can match it.

Nice! I went with lightly optioned S and did consider R-Sport many months ago. However, as has been pointed out many times on this forum, going with an S, all things being equal only amounts to a few hundred dollars more than an R-Sport with Adaptive Dynamics, etc.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome @Dakar09.

I worked with the folks at Jaguar Norwood. Had a great experience. You'll be in good hands.

Go with your gut and take the F-Pace. You already know its the right decision.... you're going to love it.

Fabulous machine, in every color except BRG. They don't run well in that color, get 1 MPG, and people throw rocks at you. Any other color is terrific.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome @Dakar09 .

I worked with the folks at Jaguar Norwood. Had a great experience. You'll be in good hands.

Go with your gut and take the F-Pace. You already know its the right decision.... you're going to love it.

Fabulous machine, in every color except BRG. They don't run well in that color, get 1 MPG, and people throw rocks at you. Any other color is terrific.
LOL...can't have people throwing rocks at my new F-Pace. I wouldn't be able to enjoy it if I'm was jail. I'm a car guy, always have been, and it takes a lot to impress me like that right out of the gate. This thing is truly unbelievable from the driver's seat, and dang is it pretty to look at from outside, as well. I'm fighting the urge to make a rash decision and purchase one too soon. MAY/JUNE IS MY TIMELINE!! Must keep repeating this...

McGluck, I've done the math and have come to the same conclusion on the R-Sport vs. S. The S already comes with everything I'd want and prices comparatively to an R-Sport loaded up like that. I would only go for the R-Sport to avoid the jet with red leather interior, but the red didn't bother me at all when I was in it. It's done a lot better than I thought.

Another thing I found out is the aftermarket winter wheels from my current 2012 Volvo XC70 will fit on the F-Pace. Same lug pattern, same lug bolt size, same centerbore diameter, with only a slightly different offset. But I do have to check to see if they will clear the S's brakes.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I would only go for the R-Sport to avoid the jet with red leather interior, but the red didn't bother me at all when I was in it. It's done a lot better than I thought.
It seems you and I have a lot in common....to a point. I cannot stand the jet with red interior, and it bothered me in person as well as in pictures. IMO that red is WAY too bright and would be much classier and desirable if it were more of a burgundy tone.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My wife will hate the red, I don't doubt it. I'm surprised how many come optioned with that vs. the straight Jet seats. I wonder why that is. Red leather is an acquired taste, to say the least.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same here. Even considering a Jag has her questioning a mid-life crisis or "what I need to prove". She doesn't have to drive it...and likely won't be allowed to :p

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dealer was texting me some offers today (even though I told him I'm not buying until May). They have an executive car with 10K miles, still considered "new" of course they are discounting $4500 + the $1K incentive running right now. I actually drove this one on my test drive to compare with the S. BRG R-Sport with the options I want EXCEPT for the Adaptive Dynamics. Thankfully that's a deal-breaker for me right now, or I may have gone down there after work...

They also have a white S with no options for $59K. Great price, but I "need" the good stereo, comfort package, and roof rails.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yessirree. Odd, since I told him my time frame, specific vehicle, and options required to make the deal. Just trying to make a sale, I guess.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts