2018 f pace S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought a 2018 f pace S a few weeks ago and,

I’m going through fuel like crazy,

I fill up with 94 octane and my range is only about 340-350 Kilometers,
I feel like it should be higher,

I brought it back to the dealership with a check engine light on and expressed my concerns with the fuel consumption,

They kept it for a week and only reset the ecu, and nothing has changed.

Does anyone here know how much range I should be getting out of a full tank of premium with conservative driving?

Or what might be causing the problem?

thank you 🙏🏻.

·
Registered
77 Posts
217 miles is low. I'm more in the 290 mile range and I have the assertive mode engaged about 99% of the time.

Reactions: Bearheart

·
Registered
318 Posts
Doesn't the 2018 have the smaller fuel tank? I think that the fuel tank was divided so it would hold fuel and DEF for the diesel folks. Someone on here can correct me.
Yes, that seems low. I have a 2019 F-Pace S and consistently get a minimum of 680km. But I also have the larger fuel tank . . . so I guess now that I write this, I am are talking apples and oranges.

·
Registered
2018 f pace S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
217 miles is low. I'm more in the 290 mile range and I have the assertive mode engaged about 99% of the time.
Thank you,
that’s what I suspected. 16g x 20= 320 miles which is 515kms. The Chrysler dealership where I bought it is telling my 340kms is normal because it’s a Jaguar,

·
Registered
160 Posts
well, if you see what the car is getting for millage on your "journeys" and it is normal there is no problem. If you are looking at the miles till empty for your question, that does do some kind of learning. When my SVR was new it would say 500 miles till empty. Obviously, that was never going to happen. I think it says about 320 miles till empty when I fill it now.

·
Registered
2018 f pace S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, if you see what the car is getting for millage on your "journeys" and it is normal there is no problem. If you are looking at the miles till empty for your question, that does do some kind of learning. When my SVR was new it would say 500 miles till empty. Obviously, that was never going to happen. I think it says about 320 miles till empty when I fill it now.
I feel like I’m going to have to keep pressing the issue with the dealership and will probably have to get the vehicle in to a Jaguar dealership. It should be getting better mileage. 500-320 in an SVR is decent!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok.... I am going to be blunt. You are not looking in the right place. Read some individual journeys from the app. That tells you what the car actually did on each drive. It is not an estimate, it is history. You will see exactly what milage you are getting.

·
Registered
2018 f pace S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok.... I am going to be blunt. You are not looking in the right place. Read some individual journeys from the app. That tells you what the car actually did on each drive. It is not an estimate, it is history. You will see exactly what milage you are getting.
I get what you are saying and I have. And it seems poor. I plan on doing full tank comparisons in each mode and with similar conditions to get a better sense Thank you.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I can tell you that with my 2017 F-Pace S and the 380 hp V6 my mileage was more around where ROBTR8 stated. About 280 to 300 miles a tank, but I also did a lot of highway driving with all my cars to extend the mileage a bit. With my 2019 and 2021 SVRs the size of the tank helped on range (21 gallons vs 16) even though the mileage was less due to the 550HP V8. I will say with all of my F-Paces and most supercharged vehicles, if you have a habit of jumping on the accelerator when you pull away from stop, that supercharger will drain you gas faster then you'd expect. My city driving with all my F-Paces has been pretty low, because I tend to accelerate quickly.

My guess is you or whomever is driving the car regularly may be doing the same. If you baby it on acceleration it will get better mileage. I'm not saying this is your case for sure as you may have an issue, but it could be.

·
Registered
2018 f pace S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can tell you that with my 2017 F-Pace S and the 380 hp V6 my mileage was more around where ROBTR8 stated. About 280 to 300 miles a tank, but I also did a lot of highway driving with all my cars to extend the mileage a bit. With my 2019 and 2021 SVRs the size of the tank helped on range (21 gallons vs 16) even though the mileage was less due to the 550HP V8. I will say with all of my F-Paces and most supercharged vehicles, if you have a habit of jumping on the accelerator when you pull away from stop, that supercharger will drain you gas faster then you'd expect. My city driving with all my F-Paces has been pretty low, because I tend to accelerate quickly.

My guess is you or whomever is driving the car regularly may be doing the same. If you baby it on acceleration it will get better mileage. I'm not saying this is your case for sure as you may have an issue, but it could be.
Thank you. I appreciate that.
it is definitely fun to drive and accelerating is a big part of the appeal. I’m more concerned with highway driving, I’m planning a cross country trip this summer and trying to get a handle on my consumption and figure this out before then.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
With my 2017 S model, I would normally get about 22mpg to 24mpg with pure interstate driving between 60mph and 75mph, perhaps a little higher from time to time depending on the speed limit. The SVRs probably get about 1mpg to 2 mpg less than I saw with the V6.

I purchased 3 of them because I love the way this thing handles for an SUV. it's more like the fun to drive cars I used to own most of the time, unless I'm pushing it more than I should.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
The big thing is don’t accept what a Chrysler dealership is telling you as gospel. They know nothing about jaguar cars. Get away from them and get to a Jag dealer ASAP and get a real logical explanation After evaluating…

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Forget all the on screen calculations.
Old school method I’ve used since day one:
After filling, divide miles driven by gallons filled. No guesswork required.
My spreadsheet shows 19.35 mpg.
Approximately 75% local 25% highway. Mostly sedate, occasionally pushing it.
380 HP S, premium fuel. About what I’d expect.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
My 2017 S shows average mpg as 12 with 99% city driving, sometimes I see single digits. We occasionally go on roadtrips where we get better mpg but overall mileage is not great. But then I drive in dynamic/sport mode and manually shift to keep the rpms up to enjoy the exhaust. With 14K miles in 5.5 years I'm not overly concerned with mileage.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
My 2017 S shows average mpg as 12 with 99% city driving, sometimes I see single digits. We occasionally go on roadtrips where we get better mpg but overall mileage is not great. But then I drive in dynamic/sport mode and manually shift to keep the rpms up to enjoy the exhaust. With 14K miles in 5.5 years I'm not overly concerned with mileage.
Wow Gorgon, that is low mileage you must never drive. I have almost that much on my 2021 SVR. 13,300 or so. LOL I've only had it since last May.

·
Registered
2018 f pace S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
With my 2017 S model, I would normally get about 22mpg to 24mpg with pure interstate driving between 60mph and 75mph, perhaps a little higher from time to time depending on the speed limit. The SVRs probably get about 1mpg to 2 mpg less than I saw with the V6.

I purchased 3 of them because I love the way this thing handles for an SUV. it's more like the fun to drive cars I used to own most of the time, unless I'm pushing it more than I should.

Thank you for your response, my ride is running lean and I’m guessing I have a vacuum leak somewhere

Forget all the on screen calculations.
Old school method I’ve used since day one:
After filling, divide miles driven by gallons filled. No guesswork required.
My spreadsheet shows 19.35 mpg.
Approximately 75% local 25% highway. Mostly sedate, occasionally pushing it.
380 HP S, premium fuel. About what I’d expect.
Thank you,
I’m getting around 300 kms per fill up, 50/50 highway and city.

The big thing is don’t accept what a Chrysler dealership is telling you as gospel. They know nothing about jaguar cars. Get away from them and get to a Jag dealer ASAP and get a real logical explanation After evaluating…
Neither do I, they’re were trying to gaslight me.

I totally agree, this thing is so much fun to drive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with what Skyking said. If you really want to know the mileage you're getting, do it old school. I get around 20ish mpg (US mpg - THERE'S A DIFFERENCE, so look at who is answering/from where), in my V6 S (petrol) under normal mixed driving. A little less if trips were skewed to the city side of things, a little more if almost all highway.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Wow Gorgon, that is low mileage you must never drive. I have almost that much on my 2021 SVR. 13,300 or so. LOL I've only had it since last May.
I drive it almost every day, but the trips are super short as I'm only driving very short distances in the city. Many times these trips are less than a mile.

Funny note, I'm in the UK this week for work and I noticed that site updated the flag on my post due to my location versus where I registered.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Car

Reactions: PA-FPace-F
1 - 20 of 20 Posts