Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

What F-Pace S would you choose?

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, been lurking for a few weeks now and decided to join the party, I don’t have anything to show just yet because I’m narrowing down choices to purchase an F-Pace S...Here are my choices:

Option 1: 2017 CPO - fully loaded with all option packages. Roughly $48k

Option 2: 2019 CPO - loaded, but not “fully” - missing interior luxury package (which I and the wife want for different reasons haha). Roughly $56k

Ive spoken with sales managers at both dealers and both cars have excellent service records, no issues, late in-service dates for their years, and colors I like. So zero red flags for either.

So...

Would you view these as comparable?

Is the 19 definitely the better value since it’s 2 years newer? (not only extra CPO warranty but overall reliability)

Or is the 17 the move since it’s a late build, has clean service records and all the packages?

FYI I don’t care about 3g vs 4g as I’ll use my phone as a hot spot.

·
Super Moderator
1,882 Posts
Welcome to the forum, do both cars have ICTP or do you care about the electronic gadgetry? I would by the '19 regardless. The choice is yours. Enjoy whichever you pick.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes both have ICTP.

The 2017 has Tech, C&C, Driver Assist, Interior Luxury

2019 has all except Interior Luxury

I think I’m a little gun shy about my previous Jag from years ago - a blessing and a curse - S Type R. Super fun but in the shop so much. Thats why I’m trying to put a value on the extra 2 years of newness, albeit with the loss of an option package that I want.

If it ends up 50/50 here, I’ll go with the 2017 since it is cheaper and has the interior luxury, but just looking for a sanity check to make sure it’s not a huge difference between 2017 and 2019 MY.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,416 Posts
I had a 2017 and now I have a 2019, get the newer one, better electronics that run the car (things you can’t see) larger fuel tank 21gal vs 16gal

DP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a 2017 and now I have a 2019, get the newer one, better electronics that run the car (things you can’t see) larger fuel tank 21gal vs 16gal

DP
Exactly the perspective I was hoping to find since you’ve owned both.

Would you say the 19 is worth it for ~$8k+ more?

Both very low miles and a lot of time left on CPO. So overall these are very comparable cars - the 17 has one more (expensive) option package and the 19 is more expensive - significantly enough that I figure it is worth asking.

·
Registered
132 Posts
All things being equal, the $8K premium for 2 model years newer would seem to be the better option.

IIRC in 2019 Jag upgraded the headliner to the faux suede across the board, along with adding the lighted door sills as standard.
On the ‘19 you would lose the back seat independent climate control and the adjustable ambient mood lighting, but you would gain 2 years of refinement, a larger fuel tank (which I wish my ‘17 had) and 2 less years of vehicle age.
If it were any model but an ‘S’, then I’d go for the ‘17 as IMHO the V6 is preferable to all of the 4 cylinder gas options. More fuel efficient too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went with the 17...I got to an “all in” price on that, but for the 19, it ended up being a lot more than the $8k difference because CPO wasn’t included in the list price. I should have it early next week.

One thing I am curious about is if anyone did a fuel tank swap or even got a quote on one. I looked up both parts online and they look identical in the diagram...not sure what kind of labor it entails, but I think the tank itself is ~$700. So at minimum I’d think it’s $1k, and likely more through Jag.

I’ve seen others ask about this in the forum but haven’t found anything conclusive re: whether it can actually be done, and if so, how much.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I would go with the 2019 more than likely. It will probably hold it's value better, but I couldn't live without ICTP and Apple CarPlay so I'd want the car that had that first. The Luxury Package is nice, but isn't a deal killer to me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Congrats on the 17. As a previous 17 S owner I think you can’t go wrong with either. Post some photos when you get a chance!

not sure how involved a tank swap would be, or if they modified other parts/panels to get the extra capacity, but betting it would bite hard into your $8k saved vs the 2019, and might void part of the warranty, anything related to fuel delivery.

the smaller tank wasn’t an issue while I had my 2017, but I know I would miss the larger tank having had the 2019 over a year now.

I also wanted the luxury pack but skipped it on both the 2017 and 2019 as both cars were unbeatable deals at the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts