Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had work done on my car and can’t see it.

I wanted to protect my New Jaguar F-PACE from small paint chips and other debris from driving around town and down the tollway here in North Dallas so I choose to use Paint Protection Film (a.k.a. PPF) a product most commonly known as Clear bra.

Protection is the key reason behind installing PPF. Actually, it’s the only reason. Whether you’re looking to protect the front bumper from some paint chips and bug splatter, the entire front end from road debris or preserve the entire paint job by wrapping the whole vehicle, protection is the goal. Nothing comes close to providing the protection of PPF. No wax, sealant or paint protection coating will ever prevent rock chips in the paint and etching from bird dropping or bug splatter. A good wax/sealant/coating may help minimize etching in the paint, but they cannot prevent rocks and debris from chipping away the paint finish.

PPF has advanced by leaps and bounds in the past 4-5 years. It has great gloss, awesome clarity, and much less texture than previous film offerings. However, it should be noted that it does have its installation limitations. This is where the craftsmanship of a skilled installer comes into place. By design the material is thick and doesn’t like to be “overworked,” which can lead to a variety of installation induced issues down the line.

So I had to find a company that was known for PPF installation. After a few days I found Tint World in The Colony, just a few miles down the road from me. I called (972) 639-5815 and was greeted by a friendly voice. She answered most of the questions that I had, and I had a few that she felt her husband Jeff could answer better. (First thing I’m thinking is this is family business.) Jeff got on the phone and answered all my questions and come to find out he is a car guy too, not just the business owner. He took the time to talk with me and that is rare now these days.

Well the next day I drove down to their location at 3800 Main Street, in The Colony, with my wife to check this place out. Anyone can be nice on the phone but I wanted to see their shop and what it looked like, where my car would be worked and stored, the people that would be doing the work. It was easy to find. We walked in and greeted by Penny and told her I called about getting my F-PACE worked on. She recognized me, “You called yesterday right?” She told me “Let me get Jeff for you.” Wow that’s great service! Jeff came out and showed me his shop. It’s a very clean work area, well lit and climate controlled, and a large window to see your vehicle from the waiting area. This tells me that they take care of their employees. Jeff then showed me a few of the customer cars they were working on and a few they had finished already.
I asked about the PPF they use and he told me that they only use XPEL ULTIMATE PPF. I asked him why and he told me, “It's simply the best, and I can take care of all our customers with the same level of protection for what is likely there second largest investment behind buying their home. When I have a client with a Bentley, Ferrari, McLaren, or Jaguar, Mercedes, Tesla, BMW or Ford, Chevy, Toyota, they are all getting the same high performance Paint Protection Film.” 

I then asked him about the install. I was concerned about knife marks in my paint. I told him I have seen many clear bra installations that resulted in cut paint. Well no worries there as they use a machine that cuts the film to fit each body panel. I told him my car was new and was not sure if he had the designs. Jeff told me that unless I built that car last night in my garage he would have the patterns, and sure enough they did right down to the specific model sub type. *I could have done the entire car if I wanted to. We talked and what I was looking for was front impact projection and behind my wheels as well as my LED headlights. Because he can control the patterns, the PPF would be custom fit for my setup.

I was happy with my decision and set up an appointment for the following week. I was asked if it was possible to keep my car overnight. The other few places told me that it would take 3-4 hours, I want it done right not fast. I said sure. 

The store is open everyday from 8:00am to 6:00pm except Sunday. My wife followed me down and we got there early like 7:30 and I look inside and Jeff is already there. I went in and he showed me around the work area and we talked again about what I was trying to get done. What I wanted and what I need were two different things. Jeff showed me what he felt was the best solution, even though what he suggested was less than what I thought I needed to spend. I’m not sure that another place would have done that. They would have taken the money and I would have not known better. Also by looking at the patterns there were a few areas that were getting covered that I did not know about… Bonus! I also asked about two small areas that I wanted wrapped in black vinyl that were not an issue either. I left him keys and told him to call me when it’s ready.

I got a call the next day around lunchtime saying the car was ready and come down when I had the time. I was tied up for a few hours, and got a ride down around 2pm. When we pulled up I was concerned because I did not see my car out front. I went inside and there was my car cleaned and ready to go, sitting in the shop. Jeff invited me to come look at it under the lights of the shop. When I looked at the car, I told him “I can’t see what you did,” He said “Well I guess that’s the point. When I got up real close I could see the great job they did. We walked around the car and all the areas we talked about, even the area behind the door handles and the trunk area were done. 

I was thrilled; Their CNC film cutter cut each piece to fit like a glove. (A really good glove not an O.J. Simpson at trial glove.) Then I was told there is a warranty on the XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ten (10) years. That covers defects including yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating. I’m not sure if I will still have this car in 10 years but that’s great know that my investment in PPF is covered. 

Jeff, Penny and their team do a lot more than just PPF, and more than just cars. There was a speedboat in their shop the last time I stopped by. I plan on being a repeat customer; I think I will bring my 1994 Mustang Cobra next. 

One last thing. Later that day my wife and me were going out to dinner and I was taking my car. When we went outside to my car she looked at me and said “ I thought you were going to put that clear film stuff on your car. I guess you decided not to” That’s when I knew it was a job well done. 

Give them a call and let them know I sent you they will take care of you.

TintWorld

3800 Main Street, ste 104

The Colony, TX 75056

(972) 639-5815

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
Boy Oh' Boy !!! SOMEBODY is feeling a little *WORDY* this morning !!!:eek:

Have you never heard of the saying *To Make A Long Story Short* ???;)

The first line was FUNNY !!! Thanks for making it first , because that's as far as I read !!!>:)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy Oh' Boy !!! SOMEBODY is feeling a little *WORDY* this morning !!!:eek:

Have you never heard of the saying *To Make A Long Story Short* ???;)
Sorry... to make a short story even longer read my post :D

The first line was FUNNY !!! Thanks for making it first , because that's as far as I read !!!>:)
I thihght the OJ trial one was funny too.

DP

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had work done on my car and can’t see it.

I wanted to protect my New Jaguar F-PACE from small paint chips and other debris from driving around town and down the tollway here in North Dallas so I choose to use Paint Protection Film (a.k.a. PPF) a product most commonly known as Clear bra.

Protection is the key reason behind installing PPF. Actually, it’s the only reason. Whether you’re looking to protect the front bumper from some paint chips and bug splatter, the entire front end from road debris or preserve the entire paint job by wrapping the whole vehicle, protection is the goal. Nothing comes close to providing the protection of PPF. No wax, sealant or paint protection coating will ever prevent rock chips in the paint and etching from bird dropping or bug splatter. A good wax/sealant/coating may help minimize etching in the paint, but they cannot prevent rocks and debris from chipping away the paint finish.

PPF has advanced by leaps and bounds in the past 4-5 years. It has great gloss, awesome clarity, and much less texture than previous film offerings. However, it should be noted that it does have its installation limitations. This is where the craftsmanship of a skilled installer comes into place. By design the material is thick and doesn’t like to be “overworked,” which can lead to a variety of installation induced issues down the line.

So I had to find a company that was known for PPF installation. After a few days I found Tint World in The Colony, just a few miles down the road from me. I called (972) 639-5815 and was greeted by a friendly voice. She answered most of the questions that I had, and I had a few that she felt her husband Jeff could answer better. (First thing I’m thinking is this is family business.) Jeff got on the phone and answered all my questions and come to find out he is a car guy too, not just the business owner. He took the time to talk with me and that is rare now these days.

Well the next day I drove down to their location at 3800 Main Street, in The Colony, with my wife to check this place out. Anyone can be nice on the phone but I wanted to see their shop and what it looked like, where my car would be worked and stored, the people that would be doing the work. It was easy to find. We walked in and greeted by Penny and told her I called about getting my F-PACE worked on. She recognized me, “You called yesterday right?” She told me “Let me get Jeff for you.” Wow that’s great service! Jeff came out and showed me his shop. It’s a very clean work area, well lit and climate controlled, and a large window to see your vehicle from the waiting area. This tells me that they take care of their employees. Jeff then showed me a few of the customer cars they were working on and a few they had finished already.
I asked about the PPF they use and he told me that they only use XPEL ULTIMATE PPF. I asked him why and he told me, “It's simply the best, and I can take care of all our customers with the same level of protection for what is likely there second largest investment behind buying their home. When I have a client with a Bentley, Ferrari, McLaren, or Jaguar, Mercedes, Tesla, BMW or Ford, Chevy, Toyota, they are all getting the same high performance Paint Protection Film.” 

I then asked him about the install. I was concerned about knife marks in my paint. I told him I have seen many clear bra installations that resulted in cut paint. Well no worries there as they use a machine that cuts the film to fit each body panel. I told him my car was new and was not sure if he had the designs. Jeff told me that unless I built that car last night in my garage he would have the patterns, and sure enough they did right down to the specific model sub type. *I could have done the entire car if I wanted to. We talked and what I was looking for was front impact projection and behind my wheels as well as my LED headlights. Because he can control the patterns, the PPF would be custom fit for my setup.

I was happy with my decision and set up an appointment for the following week. I was asked if it was possible to keep my car overnight. The other few places told me that it would take 3-4 hours, I want it done right not fast. I said sure. 

The store is open everyday from 8:00am to 6:00pm except Sunday. My wife followed me down and we got there early like 7:30 and I look inside and Jeff is already there. I went in and he showed me around the work area and we talked again about what I was trying to get done. What I wanted and what I need were two different things. Jeff showed me what he felt was the best solution, even though what he suggested was less than what I thought I needed to spend. I’m not sure that another place would have done that. They would have taken the money and I would have not known better. Also by looking at the patterns there were a few areas that were getting covered that I did not know about… Bonus! I also asked about two small areas that I wanted wrapped in black vinyl that were not an issue either. I left him keys and told him to call me when it’s ready.

I got a call the next day around lunchtime saying the car was ready and come down when I had the time. I was tied up for a few hours, and got a ride down around 2pm. When we pulled up I was concerned because I did not see my car out front. I went inside and there was my car cleaned and ready to go, sitting in the shop. Jeff invited me to come look at it under the lights of the shop. When I looked at the car, I told him “I can’t see what you did,” He said “Well I guess that’s the point. When I got up real close I could see the great job they did. We walked around the car and all the areas we talked about, even the area behind the door handles and the trunk area were done. 

I was thrilled; Their CNC film cutter cut each piece to fit like a glove. (A really good glove not an O.J. Simpson at trial glove.) Then I was told there is a warranty on the XPEL ULTIMATE Paint Protection Film to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for ten (10) years. That covers defects including yellowing, staining, cracking, blistering and delaminating. I’m not sure if I will still have this car in 10 years but that’s great know that my investment in PPF is covered. 

Jeff, Penny and their team do a lot more than just PPF, and more than just cars. There was a speedboat in their shop the last time I stopped by. I plan on being a repeat customer; I think I will bring my 1994 Mustang Cobra next. 

One last thing. Later that day my wife and me were going out to dinner and I was taking my car. When we went outside to my car she looked at me and said “ I thought you were going to put that clear film stuff on your car. I guess you decided not to” That’s when I knew it was a job well done. 

Give them a call and let them know I sent you they will take care of you.

TintWorld

3800 Main Street, ste 104

The Colony, TX 75056

(972) 639-5815

how much did they charged you?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the time it was $1800 when I got my 2019 and has that one done a did a bit more coverage and it was about $2000 well worth the cost.

DP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts