Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loaded my first cd and surprise, no information on the CD. Won't load anymore until I can figure out how to get the updates from Grace Note. I've looked all over the Jaguar site for help without any success. Also nothing in the manual. In my Infiniti, you had to "copy" the information onto a USB drive, use a PC to update the files, and then copy back to the car. A pain, but at least there was a way to do it. I was hoping that with the internet connection (although my AT&T is still AWOL) that the system would check for updates. Any good experience on how to get Grace Note updates?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
This may be over obvious and I don't have my car yet, to even fully understand what you are suggesting above, but I would assume if the car pulls that info, it will need connectivity to do so. Is your car's connectivity activated, or do you have it connected to wifi at home.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Since Grace Note doesn't list Jaguar as a customer I'm not surprised you are unable to use that service with your Jaguar.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
From the F Pace Manual

This application or device contains software from Gracenote, Inc. of Emeryville, California (“Gracenote”). The software from Gracenote (the “Gracenote Software”) enables this application to do disc or file identification and obtain music-related information, including name, artist, track, and title information (“Gracenote Data”) from online servers or embedded databases (collectively, “Gracenote Servers”) and to perform other functions. You may use Gracenote Data only by means of the intended End-User functions of this application or device.

I know when I insert a USB thumb drive Gracenotes brings up album covers and names. You can swipe through the covers to select the song you want to listen to (when it works). I'm having a problem with the USB functions. Bringing it into the dealer Thursday for that and other issues.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I loaded my first cd and surprise, no information on the CD.
Here is my question for you, is the CD a store bought disc or is it something you burned from another source. I'll follow up if necessary once you reply.

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Was in the car today and took a store bought CD with me (One Republic) put it in the changer and it began to play. Gracenotes appear. Tell it to burn it to the hard drive. Switch to Sirius and then back to CD. Not only did Gracenotes disappear the names of the tracks also were gone along with the volume. Switch back to Sirius volume OK go back to CD no volume. Try to eject CD won't eject. Shut off car and restart, CD plays no Gracenotes (OK just a picture of someones hands on the neck of a guitar). Push eject and CD comes out.

In trying to burn the CD to the HD other than seeing the symbol go dim how do you know it is burning CD and how long does it take to burn the average CD to the HD? My old Mercedes showed you the progress and allowed you to create folders for albums or genre.

·
Registered
186 Posts
No need to create folders. All the genre, album, and artist sorting is automatic via metatags. Ripping a CD can take up to 20min depending on the quality level you have selected to rip to (standard or lossless). There is no progress indicator You just have to leave it in until a message pops up saying ripping complete. The temporary generic album art (the hand and guitar) will be replaced after the ripping is 100% complete. Note that you will start to see partial results show in the finder while ripping is taking place, but all details and album art will not be available until the whole cd is ripped. I've ripped about 10 CDs so far and it works just fine aside from the annoyance of there being no progress indicator. Also note that the reason you can't eject the CD is because ripping is in progress.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would be nice to have a status on the ripping of the CD. I typically buy new CDs that and load them onto all my devices, including the car's hard drive. The first one I down loaded onto the car's hard drive does not have any title or artist information when you go to play it back from the car's hard drive. So, there is some process that would allow me to "update" the information and apply the titles and artist information from Grace Note, which is the format supported by Jaguar. Sounds like someone else ripped 10 CDs and all had the details on them - nice, but has not been my experience. One question to Peter is if his car was hooked up to the internet when he ripped the CDs. Its been four weeks and I'm still without the AT&T connection...

·
Registered
617 Posts
No need to create folders. All the genre, album, and artist sorting is automatic via metatags. Ripping a CD can take up to 20min depending on the quality level you have selected to rip to (standard or lossless). There is no progress indicator You just have to leave it in until a message pops up saying ripping complete. The temporary generic album art (the hand and guitar) will be replaced after the ripping is 100% complete. Note that you will start to see partial results show in the finder while ripping is taking place, but all details and album art will not be available until the whole cd is ripped. I've ripped about 10 CDs so far and it works just fine aside from the annoyance of there being no progress indicator. Also note that the reason you can't eject the CD is because ripping is in progress.
Peter, sorry for raising an older thread, but I need a little help from an experienced CD ripper. I recently was able to rip a CD to my HD and now want to manage some of the songs on the HD. What is the process to delete songs, albums from the HD? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry for taking to so long to reply - been away from the forums for a while. To manage ripped songs, you need to go into the Media Player setting and choose File Management. It then gives you a folder structure (named nothing like your albums) that you can poke through and delete. It is really shoddy though, as it is hard to tell which files relate to which album/tracks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts