Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Google Music Play has been discontued.

I need an app for playing my smart phone music that I have loaded on with Bluetooth.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 10 and loaded their app but the interface does not work.

Any suggestions.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am able to stream music over Bluetooth using Samsung Music app (comes free with their phone). Check your BT settings and make sure "media" is also enabled (not just "phone calls").

It also works over Android Auto (but that is wired).

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I was going to ask if you've migrated to YouTube Music, that should work over BT, but it requires that you have a premium account in order to use it with Android Auto.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am able to stream music over Bluetooth using Samsung Music app (comes free with their phone). Check your BT settings and make sure "media" is also enabled (not just "phone calls").

It also works over Android Auto (but that is wired).
Okay I am a tech nerd where do I find BT settings on my phone?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I'm using Android 11, but it should be fairly consistent if you are not: Settings > Connected devices > gear icon next to Jaguar F-PACE > make sure Media audio is on
Or hold down on Bluetooth off / on button from the pulldown menu and it should take you to Connected devices

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm using Android 11, but it should be fairly consistent if you are not: Settings > Connected devices > gear icon next to Jaguar F-PACE > make sure Media audio is on
Or hold down on Bluetooth off / on button from the pulldown menu and it should take you to Connected devices
okay I am now a nerd for sure. went to setting but no icon for connected devices. where do I go from here other than to the cell phone store!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
okay I am now a nerd for sure. went to setting but no icon for connected devices. where do I go from here other than to the cell phone store!!!
You probably need to find where the paired devices are listed in settings. You should then be able to see how each of the devices is set up.
I looked up the S10 settings and it seems like maybe it is in Settings > Connections. Then make sure Bluetooth is on and you should be able to click on Bluetooth and see Paired or Connected devices. There should be a gear icon after all the previously paired devices.
I'm using a Pixel so it is probably a little different from what you are seeing on a Samsung.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You probably need to find where the paired devices are listed in settings. You should then be able to see how each of the devices is set up.
I looked up the S10 settings and it seems like maybe it is in Settings > Connections. Then make sure Bluetooth is on and you should be able to click on Bluetooth and see Paired or Connected devices. There should be a gear icon after all the previously paired devi
I'm using a Pixel so it is probably a little different frhanging m what you are seeing on a Samsung.
It appears to b working just slower than Google when ca
I looked up the S10 settings and it seems like maybe it is in Settings > Connections. Then make sure Bluetooth is on and you should be able to click on Bluetooth and see Paired or Connected devices. There should be a gear icon after all the previously paired devices.
I'm using a Pixel so it is probably a little different from what you are seeing on a Samsung.
It appears to be working just slower than Google when changing screens like current song to album search. Just have to be a little more patient which is not usual for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts