Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am done with Jaguar!
Jag 1) 2019 Jaguar F-Pace (ex demo 2200 miles when purchased).
Passenger airbag warning light issues for nearly 2 years with car at the dealer 4 times for total of 4 months. Was not fixed and not eligible for lemon law. JLR not interested and not helpful. Dealer finally gave up and provided new replacement car.
Jag 2) 2021 F-Pace R-Dynamic S P400 (brand new)
Picked up April 28th
Three times back at dealer in two months.
1 - Pivi Pro login, windshield wiper shuddering
2 - Windshield wiper shuddering and severe braking noises at all speeds
3 - same as 2 as well as Spotify login issues
Dealer could apparently not replicate the brake issues after two attempts and two weeks and wanted me to take the car back
I was done then with Jaguar.
Monday this car was returned and I picked up a check.
My life long dream of owning a Jaguar is shattered and am going back to Lexus.
Everybody at the dealer Harper Jaguar Knoxville TN was great throughout.
I may have just been unlucky (twice) but I lost my appetite to continue on this road.

I loved both cars - if only they worked properly.

‘It’s been emotional’
Cheers!
74B03E09-A381-4F67-94F0-018638B79BE6.jpeg

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don’t wanna sound too optimistic but airbag issues are safety thing but probably didn’t get you stranded and in your car 2, brake issues are concerning but seems like most of the issues you had were little inconvenience than reliability issues.

Lexus isn’t without issues either but it will fare better at higher mileage.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good luck to you….
If you are considering the RX350 you might want to consider doing some research, there is a horrible hesitation issues with the engine and vibrations thru the floor board. Lexus came out with a TSB but it never corrected the issues. I’ve had a few friends own them and they immediately ended up selling them for a loss. Lexus says the vehicle performs as intended. I have driven a 2018 and the transmission was horrendous at low speeds and the vibrations were ridiculous for any car let alone a luxury SUV.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
As a guy that has a 21 incoming it’s a little disheartening, but I still have hopes. Most 21 YouTube reviews are quite positive. As with any vehicle you can get a bad one at any time. I would have had them exchange it for a new one before giving up, but at least your dealer has been decent about it….

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I'm sorry you had this experience. I had challenges with my 2017 but it was a first year vehicle. My 2019 SVR was rock solid for 30k until I managed to total it. I had already ordered a 2021 SVR before I totaled the 2019 SVR. So far the 2021 has also been good. I don't blame you for heading in some other direction due to your experiences.

·
Registered
21 F-pace SVR
71 Posts
This is my first experience with Jaguar and while I love the vehicle, I’ve experienced issues with my 21 SVR. The Pivi Pro has potential and is beautiful but it’s a mess performance-wise. I’ve also experienced strange electronic quirks like the start button flashing while driving, sunroof rattling when open and some other minor issues. I’d be ok with these a few years into ownership, but on month 3 on a $90k+ vehicle, It’s not really acceptable in my mind. The brand has more work to do on quality. Im keeping an open mind and will have service take a look, but hoping things don’t go further south!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts