Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the fetal position.

Recommendations for a good auto body shop in the Denver area?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I'm in the fetal position.

Recommendations for a good auto body shop in the Denver area?
Mine Too! Fing F F F F !

Multiple dimples, windshield looks like a spiderweb, but the pano roof, just fine. Trashed!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
wow. you guys got some crazy weather out there. I would have sacrificed my body and laid on top of my F-pace to protect it ;) haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to hear this. It will be interesting to hear how insurance compensates. theweeb, I'm also with the gecko.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Mother nature in the act of PULVERIZING my baby!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Holy Sh!t!!!..I'm so sorry for you guys..Heard about your weather on the evening news tonight...Your storm is headed our way Wednesday.

We get the same kind of weather here often..When they are predicating, I either one stay home and keep the garage closed, or if I'm at work, I get home before it hits..I've been very lucky this spring..dodged two ball busting hail storms.

Hope you all can get your rides fixed good as new soon..

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
all I can do is cry, cry, cry...

They should have made this whole thing out of the composite they used on the rear spoiler and lid. The rear spoiler has zero dents, right up next to it, that bit of roof that I assume is aluminium, dimpled like crazy, then on to the pano glass roof, not a scratch.

·
Registered
115 Posts

They should have made this whole thing out of the composite they used on the rear spoiler and lid. The rear spoiler has zero dents, right up next to it, that bit of roof that I assume is aluminium, dimpled like crazy, then on to the pano glass roof, not a scratch.
What part of Denver? I work near Dry Creek/25 and it doesn't look like any cars in the lot got hit by hail.

·
Super Moderator
1,893 Posts

Ouch!!! Really sorry for you guys.:eek::eek::(:(:(

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Wow... that makes me cringe. Hope your insurance is easy to deal with.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

What part of Denver? I work near Dry Creek/25 and it doesn't look like any cars in the lot got hit by hail.
I work in Golden. Lime sized hail.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

My damage sounds similar to yours. The side mirrors are also destroyed.

I discovered there is only one autobody shop in Colorado authorized to work on the lightweight aluminum of the FP. And they told me their schedule might be so far out that I might want to take it out of state.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'd see if your insurance will cover sending it to SLC (?) if that's the next closest. I remember the shop in Denver didn't get very good reviews on here before. I've had that happen to my last two new cars, once visiting Pueblo and once here in El Paso. It SUCKS!

Reactions: NVDesertrat

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Good thing I don't have mine yet. I sat in the hospital covered parking waiting for it to pass before I left. Ugly! On my drive home I saw people pulled over to the side under the underpasses - crowded in there and sticking out in the road. I'd rather have some hail damage than my car totaled and people possibly killed!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
CyJag and theweeb: Wow!!

To have this happen alone would be a calamity. When combined with mass numbers of Coloradans competing for similar repairs, it becomes a conflagration.

MTGRL gave a helpful suggestion: if you can find a good shop out of your immediate area, your repair should go faster. Maybe try shops in cities of friends or relatives to ease the inconvenience of long distance transactions. At least you could get two impromptu road trips out of it!

What a reminder that our aluminum body panels are incredibly fragile.

Sorry Folks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
So now I am kind of thinking maybe the F Pace ISN'T the way to go. We have hail storms at least 7-8 times per year, many of which cause damage. I wonder if smaller, quarter-size hail will dent these aluminum panels. If there's only one body shop authorized to work on these cars, that's just crazy and I don't think I can take that chance.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts