Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my premium a week ago and I noticed the glove box was pitch black. Also noticed there is a light inside but it doesn't come on when I open it. Is it safe to assume this light should actually be working or is Jaguar cheap enough to make me upgrade to some ridiculous package to put a bulb in this light housing?

·
Registered
26 Posts
No light in base or premium.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just got my premium a week ago and I noticed the glove box was pitch black. Also noticed there is a light inside but it doesn't come on when I open it. Is it safe to assume this light should actually be working or is Jaguar cheap enough to make me upgrade to some ridiculous package to put a bulb in this light housing?
Huh. If there is really a bulb in there then maybe you are just missing a switch attached to an existing wiring harness? Maybe your parts guy can research it for you...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'll have to look at mine. I think I've opened the glove box three times since I bought my car and it's always in the daytime. :O Do people store stuff in there? I've only got the manuals and a packet of Kleenex in mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
There is a spot for a light but no bulb, assembly or wiring. All that is there is a lens cover over the hole. If you can find a light assembly and wiring it would probably not be to difficult to install.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No light in base or premium.
Wow. Its mind blowing how the most basic of features are not simply standard on a "luxury" car. My ex-wifes $28,000 2009 Nissan Rogue was more "luxurious" than this $55,000 2017 Jaguar.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Personally I don't think a light in the glove box should be standard no matter what the price point. I've never had it before, I won't miss it on the Jag if it isn't there, or even need it it if it is. I don't use my glove box for anything beside holding my manual and my insurance/registration paperwork. If it is that important to someone, they can look for it pre-purchase. That's what I did when it came to rear cup holders.....so I knew the Premium and Base did not come with them.

Reactions: Turbodog

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally I don't think a light in the glove box should be standard no matter what the price point. I've never had it before, I won't miss it on the Jag if it isn't there, or even need it it if it is. I don't use my glove box for anything beside holding my manual and my insurance/registration paperwork. If it is that important to someone, they can look for it pre-purchase. That's what I did when it came to rear cup holders.....so I knew the Premium and Base did not come with them.
I don't use it either. I probably have opened my Tundra's glove box a total of 5 times since I bought it but that's also because well, it's a Tundra and it has a huge amount of storage elsewhere. Something the Fpace is lacking. And, the Tundra's glove box is difficult to reach from the drivers seat. But, when I did open it, there was a $5 light inside.

Is it something not to buy a car over? Of course not. But, Jaguar is trying to compete with brands like BMW, Benz, Audi, Volvo etc and I can assure you that if you spend 50k on an SUV with any one of those brands you'll get a light in the glove box or at least in the visors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts