Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hiya, can anyone advise what you use to shine / protect your Black Alloys. I've tried Armorall but it just smears quite badly. Any suggestions? I have cleaners etc.. already.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I use McKee’s 37 on mine. It doesn’t take much, and puts a great crud rejecting shine on them.
But I don't let them get to bad, and in reality any good paste wax would probably do the same.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Armorall is mainly water anyway, best not to use that on anything. use a decent wheel wax, there are many out their. Turtle Wax 53409 works well on my wife’s F pace, but they are powder coated gloss black, OEM is painted black.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I use McKee’s 37 on mine. It doesn’t take much, and puts a great crud rejecting shine on them.
But I don't let them get to bad, and in reality any good paste wax would probably do the same.....
^This. Paste wax on painted wheels will ease brake dust removal. ArmorAll is a protecant/shine product and is meant to wash off over a short time, meant for tires not the actual wheel surface. If anything, it attracts brake dust if you don't wipe it off anyway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
F-11 Topcoat. I use it on EVERYTHING including the wheels. Been using it on my Wife's Volvo XC60 and on my former ride the CTS-V since 2018.

I've had my SVR over a month and have not washed it yet....just a quick spray with the F-11, wipe it off with a microfiber towel, buff a bit with another microfiber and she is clean, protected and SHINES.
The whole car can be done in like 10 minutes and the coating lasts for months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with the folks above that regular car wax will work. BTW, take a look at a Turtle Wax Black Pack. Works great on cars and wheels! About $20

1 - 7 of 7 Posts