Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently bought a 2017 F Pace Prestige, and been messing around with all the features, and was wondering how do you enable global open for the windows to open when pressing the unlock button on the smart key. Right now I press it for more than 3 seconds and does not open my windows, do you have to program it from inside the vehicle? Please let me know as I am very curious on how this work and spring time coming up, I would love for my windows to open from the remote. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys, I recently bought a 2017 F Pace Prestige, and been messing around with all the features, and was wondering how do you enable global open for the windows to open when pressing the unlock button on the smart key. Right now I press it for more than 3 seconds and does not open my windows, do you have to program it from inside the vehicle? Please let me know as I am very curious on how this work and spring time coming up, I would love for my windows to open from the remote. Thanks.
Nevermind guys, I found out.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Kind of off but on topic, but why can't we open or close the windows from the app? It certainly isn't new technology ?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Probably the result of the Consumer Protection Agency...safety

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Kind of off but on topic, but why can't we open or close the windows from the app? It certainly isn't new technology ?
I was informed recently that it is not allowed in NA, due to safety concerns !!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
That's ridiculous....I remember back in the early 90's when aftermarket alarms could open, close, lock, unlock doors windows sunroofs.
I guess I should have said it's not available from Jaguar, due to safety concerns.
I presume if you want to go the Aftermarket route, you are on your own. Not sure if anybody offers it any more due to the liabilities involved.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Other NA cars have had this feature..

That's ridiculous....I remember back in the early 90's when aftermarket alarms could open, close, lock, unlock doors windows sunroofs.
Not just aftermarket. My wife's 2005 Mini Copper convertible has the same feature. If you press the remote 3 times and hold, it will drop the windows and open the convertible top. This was a standard feature from the factory.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ok...I am extremely confused...as usual. In the menu under convenience settings I can check global open and global close for the windows. What I think I am learning here is if I activate that it will not work. Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Alright, this took some testing. I assume most know that global open works from the key fob, unlock and then hold unlock for 3 seconds to open all windows and sunroof.

I haven't been able to get global closing to operate from the key fob. HOWEVER, if you lock the car by touching the capacitive indent on the door handle, you can global close by holding a finger on the handle for more than 3 seconds to initiate global close. It will close all open windows, the sunroof and the sun shade. If you lift your finger before the process is complete it will instantly stop closing all windows/roof/shade.

Hope this helps!

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
Alright, this took some testing. I assume most know that global open works from the key fob, unlock and then hold unlock for 3 seconds to open all windows and sunroof.

I haven't been able to get global closing to operate from the key fob. HOWEVER, if you lock the car by touching the capacitive indent on the door handle, you can global close by holding a finger on the handle for more than 3 seconds to initiate global close. It will close all open windows, the sunroof and the sun shade. If you lift your finger before the process is complete it will instantly stop closing all windows/roof/shade.

Hope this helps!
Great Find!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Odd since it was on the Land Rover Disco Sport I just had as a loaner.

Originally Posted by MTHM
I was informed recently that it is not allowed in NA, due to safety concerns !!!

My response was regarding the availability on the app. When I asked about it during delivery, my SG informed me that LRJ NA did not allow it (global close) to be programmed here.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

Hope this helps!
Thanks, but this is only available to those that have keyless entry:(

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thanks, but this is only available to those that have keyless entry:(
Doesn't every model come with keyless entry? Not all have keyless start? Curious, does yours have a Global Opening/Global Closing option under vehicle settings?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had no idea of any of these options, i learn so much here. I guess maybe i should take my manual to bed with me
Just a play on words here. You take your "MAN"ual to bed. We will help you with the FP stuff. Just helping out my fellow man here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts