Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How about this wheel? Vorsteiner V-FF107

i am going to change the wheels, the original one 19" looks normal....21" bespoke forged is my consideration. And the wheels design refer to Vorsteiner V-FF107.
I am not sure if F-pace looks good with this kind of wheels, even the wheels itself looks great.
By the way the tire i am going to use is 265/40 R21.
I really appreciate if i can get some advise from you guys.
Thanks~~~

Attachments

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Those Wheels look like they have a lot of *ATTITUDE* !!! >:)
And I totally mean that in a GOOD WAY !!! ;)

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Very nice. Got to size them so you have a little bit of a convex or dish look but other than that nice looking wheels. I like the color too. What size are you going with on wheel width? 9, 9.5, 10 or 10.5 and what offset? I was hunting for 21s for the F-Pace since I really feel it might be the sweet spot for ride, looks and handling for the car. I wanted a 10.5 width in a 35 offset and couldn't find a wheel that matched those specs so I went with the 22s from ACE Alloy that are on my car.

With that said your tire size is going to be a bit smaller than your stock tires and that will increase your fender to tire gap, as well as mess up your speed reading by almost 2 mph. The overall diameter of the tire compared to stock will be about an inch shorter with a half inch of that showing as increased gap between the fender and your tire. You really should be going with 265/45 R21s to get the diameter of the tire to match you existing tire, if you want to stay at the 265 width. However, my recommendation would be to go wider if you can to get a meatier looking tire on your wheels, the F-Pace has the room for this if you want to do it. Not knowing the width of those wheels, I would suggest you could go with 285/40 21s which would be very close to the size of your existing tire in height so that you won't mess with the speedo but will also fill the wheel wells up pretty nicely. However you probably need at least a 9.5 width rim to go with a tire that size. The other challenge is finding tires that size, there are a few listed on Tirerack but not many.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your information. The wheels I am going to buy are 21", 9.5 width and ET 35. Yes you r right, the overall diameter of wheel including tire is smaller a little bit than stock one, 2.3% diviation. But I don't think it is a issue as long as within +-3%. By the way, if the width of tire is more than 265, it will protrude out of fender.
Very nice. Got to size them so you have a little bit of a convex or dish look but other than that nice looking wheels. I like the color too. What size are you going with on wheel width? 9, 9.5, 10 or 10.5 and what offset? I was hunting for 21s for the F-Pace since I really feel it might be the sweet spot for ride, looks and handling for the car. I wanted a 10.5 width in a 35 offset and couldn't find a wheel that matched those specs so I went with the 22s from ACE Alloy that are on my car.

With that said your tire size is going to be a bit smaller than your stock tires and that will increase your fender to tire gap, as well as mess up your speed reading by almost 2 mph. The overall diameter of the tire compared to stock will be about an inch shorter with a half inch of that showing as increased gap between the fender and your tire. You really should be going with 265/45 R21s to get the diameter of the tire to match you existing tire, if you want to stay at the 265 width. However, my recommendation would be to go wider if you can to get a meatier looking tire on your wheels, the F-Pace has the room for this if you want to do it. Not knowing the width of those wheels, I would suggest you could go with 285/40 21s which would be very close to the size of your existing tire in height so that you won't mess with the speedo but will also fill the wheel wells up pretty nicely. However you probably need at least a 9.5 width rim to go with a tire that size. The other challenge is finding tires that size, there are a few listed on Tirerack but not many.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, the wheels have strong metallic appearance. Really like this style. However, one of the fpace owner wear this wheel with polished black and I saw the actual effect is not as good as what I imagined.that makes me feel hesitate and confuse if it is good with metal grey color as attached photos shows.
Those Wheels look like they have a lot of *ATTITUDE* !!!

And I totally mean that in a GOOD WAY !!!

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Thanks for your information. The wheels I am going to buy are 21", 9.5 width and ET 35. Yes you r right, the overall diameter of wheel including tire is smaller a little bit than stock one, 2.3% diviation. But I don't think it is a issue as long as within +-3%. By the way, if the width of tire is more than 265, it will protrude out of fender.
SAI, I'm running 10.5 Rims at a 35 offset with 285s and the tires do not stick out beyond the fenders in the back. In the front its slightly more aggressive, but the tread is still well within the fenders. With your setup at a 35 offset with 9.5s with 285s you would not be anymore aggressive as my winter setup. In fact, per the layout below, you would be slightly less (8.7mm) aggressive than the setup in the picture below so I think it would look awesome. Below is a pic of may stock wheels which are my winter setup. Double Helix's which are 22x9 ET 40 with 20mm spacers. So effectively they are 22x9 ET20. The tires are 265/40 22s Pirelli Scorpion Winters.

I think going with 285s would look awesome. Going with 265s on 9.5 rims are going to stretch those tires a bit more than i think you may like.

just suggestions. Clearly you need to do what you are most comfortable with, but I've done tons of research, measuring and test fitting on my car before I went with my setup since doing 10.5s with only a 35 offset was expected to be an issue and it wasn't because I did tons of measuring to make sure they would clear.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
IMO there are certain wheels that look good on sedans and coupes, then there are certain wheels that look good on SUVs, then there are certain wheels that will look good no matter that type of vehicle you have. I think this wheel looks like it belongs on a very sporty looking sedan or coupe, not an SUV. If you do decide to get these please post pictures once you have them fitted :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After struggling and consideration, the Vorsteiner V-FF107 is not appropriate for F-pace.
And i prefer to use Niche M117, 21" 9.5J ET35.
How about this???
It is really torture to me cuz don't want to waste the money.
Thank you guys~~~

Attachments

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
the Vorsteiner V-FF107 is not appropriate for F-pace.
I certainly hope that you are not basing this NEW opinion of yours , solely based on Jman's *opinion* !
You have to take into consideration that HE is the one that bought an F-Pace with Gloss Black Wheels , had them Painted Silver , and has since stated that he would like them Black again ! Seems a bit conflicted to me ! ;)
I happen to think that an *AWESOME* Wheel , is going to look *AWESOME* on whatever Vehicle it is put on ! And in MY *opinion* , the *V-FF107* looks *AWESOME* !!! The Niche-M117 , not so much !!! >:)

P.S. This is why I don't ask people's *opinions* when I am purchasing something ! Yes , everyone has an *opinion* , but YOU have one as well , and THAT'S the one I would go with , as it is YOUR vehicle and YOU'RE the one that has to ride around in it and spend the $$$ on it ! Get what YOU like the best , and be CONFIDENT in your decision making , and the Reward of Satisfaction will be so much better !!! :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
I agree with the above in one respect, the person who will pony up the ching and live with these every day is looking at you in the mirror, this is the person you need to please. My own opinion would be I don't like either of the wheels on most any SUV and the Jag in particular because the styling doesn't match. The Jag has dramatic but simple styling, there isn't a lot of detailing all over and if you take note all the stock wheel options follow along in that vein. I also like SUV/CUVs in general with a more robust wheel design, they simply fit in better but again this is my opinion and completely subjective. In the end if these were my choice I'd buy them and never look back.

Objective points... The company has a decent rep and are well reviewed although they don't actually make wheels, these are an MHT product. Their weight is in line with others of similar construction and sizing. I'm not going to check that you have the correct sizing and so on as that would take some time but I'm assuming you have, if not, carefully verify everything. You are out in front on this one, some years from now people will have tried dozens of wheels in many brands and sizes on this car. For now you're among the trailblazers and trailblazing with wheels is a little less scary if when you purchase they will guarantee fitment. Just a suggestion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts