Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All!

Haven't really had the chance to drive the new F Pace much yet, as it was parked immediately after delivery, awaiting the detail shop to open (after president's day).

Wanted to share some pics of the process, and whats happening.

Completed:
1. Paint + Interior Prep: Paint was in pretty good condition as it was never washed/subject to snow/salt, but i have to say it looks a lot better.

2. 20% Tint on the front windows.

3. 10% Tint on the tail lights. These are reversible as it is just a film, but i really like the way the turned out. Against the lightish grey, the red really stood out before. (you can see the before and after on the zoomed in pic of the taillight)

Whats next:
1. Gloss Black Trim: Getting all satin chrome trim painted gloss black + Front lip + Rear Diffuser.

2. Powdercoating wheels Gloss Black: Did you know the inserts can against the silver, can be removed via two torx screws? workshop is gonna remove them before powder coating, so it will have two tones of gloss black, and gloss dark grey.

3. 9H Paint Sealant: Proprietary product by my detailer, supposedly stronger than Ceramic Pro 9H.

Cant wait to update you guys more as the detailer sends pics.
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pic of window tints (Entire Front end Wrapped in Xpel + A,B,C Pillars + Rear Bumper)

Attachments

Reactions: AmmoPace and GRVR

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The F-Pace did not come with the Lux package, and the floor lights were actually incandescent bulbs. Got them swapped out for some Type 194 LEDs.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
My car is in to get wheels powder coated black and the tail lights smoked. Not sure what % of film they're using but I think it will be higher than 10%. I told them I didn't want to look like a drug dealer but wanted them fairly dark. We'll see how they work that out.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Can't wait to see the completed results. I was going to ask for a before shot to compare to the final results but then remembered I just have to go to the garage to see the before. :)

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice! (Secret ammo high five)

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm anxious to see the powder coating result. My wife wants to powder coat her wheels.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some new pics. Powder coating took two whole weeks. Apparently they didn't sand blast the silver off. But acid dipped them a couple of times.

Next up would be blacking out the trim.

Attachments

Reactions: PA-FPace-F

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What colour of Type 194 LED did you get?
It was the philips version of the type 194. I found other third party brands to be just too bright and bluish.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got pics of the chrome trim painted black. Rear diffuser was color matched to ammo. Felt that all black diffuser might shrink the rear end.

Let me know ur thoughts.

Attachments

Reactions: Gorgon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Got my wheels powder coated with semi gloss finish and taillights smoked. Taillights are darker than I would have liked but pretty pleased with the work overall.
Car Looks Great!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
All your changes look fantastic. I especially like what you did with the wheels and the rear diffuser.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts