Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes the gas tank is a bit small. But has anyone had this problem, I put in the gas dispenser and set it to fill unattended and it slips out stopping the gas flow or falling to the ground? I live in Northern Calif so maybe it's our type of pump dispensers. But I almost always have to hold it the entire time! Anyone solve this dilemma? It seems the distance to the filling tube is a bit too far from the edge of the car to allow the dispenser to hang so it catches properly. Since I have to visit the gas station a lot not having it pump unattended really cuts into the time I can play with my cell phone which I notice I'm supposed to turn off according to the sign on the pump.

·
Super Moderator
1,912 Posts
At some stations they purposely do not have the wire/spring around the nozzle. Without that the nozzle has nothing to hold onto. That might be your problem.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I have not seen this issue.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have never had a problem with the nozzle falling out.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Why don't you go in and ask the Gas Station Owner if there is anything they can do , so that you can pump gas into your vehicle , while "Unattended" !!! >:)
I would LOVE to hear their response !!! ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies, sort of good to know I'm the only one having this problem.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Why don't you go in and ask the Gas Station Owner if there is anything they can do , so that you can pump gas into your vehicle , while "Unattended" !!! >:)
I would LOVE to hear their response !!! ;)

Welcome back!

Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
341 Posts
At the gas station up the street, they have one pump with a diesel dispenser nozzle on both sides (i.e., two diesels could fill up at the same time). One nozzle fits perfectly; the other I have to hold in place or it will fall out...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes the gas tank is a bit small. But has anyone had this problem, I put in the gas dispenser and set it to fill unattended and it slips out stopping the gas flow or falling to the ground? I live in Northern Calif so maybe it's our type of pump dispensers. But I almost always have to hold it the entire time! Anyone solve this dilemma? It seems the distance to the filling tube is a bit too far from the edge of the car to allow the dispenser to hang so it catches properly. Since I have to visit the gas station a lot not having it pump unattended really cuts into the time I can play with my cell phone which I notice I'm supposed to turn off according to the sign on the pump.
Also live in NorCal and I've never had it fall out, but I also have to hold the pump. Something about the angle triggers the stop function when you try to set it so the trigger stays depressed until full.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Happens to me consistently at Shell Stations in Norcal only - not just an F-Pace problem since it happened on my older Infiniti also. Also it started happening after the Shell station upgraded a few years ago. I go to Arco's or others and avoid Shells.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's a CA vapor recovery nozzle problem. You don't really see those in many places outside of CA (SoCal was my experience). They are terrible and will pop out of anything if you try to leave them.

·
Registered
390 Posts
The incredible inconvenience of having to actually hold the pump nozzle while re-fueling seems epidemic >:)

Seriously though, I can't even remember when we had the ability to let go of the nozzle in Ontario. Long gone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Always happens to me at shell or costco. No matter where I go. I am in central california.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have not had that problem at any station. The back pressure turns it off prematurely though and I will need to hhold it by hand most of the times.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
You all better be careful , or you may fall prey to the mysterious "Disappearing Post" DELETE Machine ! Don't worry , it's not that big of a deal , as I have had it happen to my posts quite often ! >:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts