Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my gas cap doesn't make the click sound any more when I close it. When I got the car they said that would prompt a warning. I'm not getting any warning and everything seems to be working fine. Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
169 Posts
No, my five year old petrol cap still clicks same as it did when new.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Does it just spin or just it get tight and you can't turn it anymore?

·
Administrator
1,983 Posts
Had a similar situation on another one of my vehicles. What I ended up doing was holding onto the inner part of the gas cap in one hand (in red) and then twisting the outer part (in green) back and forth several times and that corrected the problem. Give it a try and let us know.

Automotive lighting Sports gear Bag Luggage and bags Automotive tire

·
Registered
2016 3.0TTD
169 Posts
If there was a problem with the fuel filler cap, then you would get an amber CEL. Since that isn't the case, then I wouldn't worry about it. If this is going to cause you lack of sleep, just order a new cap for $30!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a similar situation on another one of my vehicles. What I ended up doing was holding onto the inner part of the gas cap in one hand (in red) and then twisting the outer part (in green) back and forth several times and that corrected the problem. Give it a try and let us know.

View attachment 73932
I tried twisting but no click. It seems to be working fine so I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
mine has never clicked

1 - 7 of 7 Posts