Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Jag has an accessory for a homelink garage door opener that attaches to the bottom of the rear view mirror. Is this already included in the S?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
42 Posts
Premium and up should have the garage door opener

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
Just be aware these things can be tricky to program and you need to follow directions exactly depending on your garage door controller. It took be about a month of trying to figure out how to get it to work with my condo building garage door but is great once working.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The setup was very simple once I realized that the ignition has to be on to program the garage door openers. (Had to read the instructions twice to figure that out.) With ignition on, it took about 5 seconds to program each garage door.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I watched the video and I read the instructions in the owner's manual, but I cannot make it work. I have an older Genie opener that operates at 390 Mhz with 9 dip switches.
At the end-point where the indicator is supposed to start flashing rapidly, instead the indicator stops flashing slowly and just lights up solid without flashing. From video I noticed that you are supposed to push the start run button without starting the car to begin the process, which I did, but it still refuses to learn the code. This is very frustrating.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I watched the video and I read the instructions in the owner's manual, but I cannot make it work. I have an older Genie opener that operates at 390 Mhz with 9 dip switches.
At the end-point where the indicator is supposed to start flashing rapidly, instead the indicator stops flashing slowly and just lights up solid without flashing. From video I noticed that you are supposed to push the start run button without starting the car to begin the process, which I did, but it still refuses to learn the code. This is very frustrating.

You are missing one more step. When your indicator flashing slowly get out the car and go to your garage door opener motor. You will find a switch in the back labelled learn or program usually a black color press button. Sometimes it may be under the plastic cover for the light. In that case you may need to remove the cover and look for the switch. Hint...there may be a wire sticking out like an antenna for remote near by., When you find the switch press it once and then quickly return to your car and then press the mirror remote button which you just programmed it once and release it and keep repeating the process till you see the your garage door started closing.At that time stop and then check it again and see if the door opens and close again as you press the home link button. This second process should be completed in 30 seconds or so in some cases.
Good luck.
P.S. in some cases if the process has failed you need to clear all the failed codes from the home link buttons and start fresh.

·
Registered
448 Posts
The setup was very simple once I realized that the ignition has to be on to program the garage door openers. (Had to read the instructions twice to figure that out.) With ignition on, it took about 5 seconds to program each garage door.
I had the same experience...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed that Jag has an accessory for a homelink garage door opener that attaches to the bottom of the rear view mirror. Is this already included in the S?.
After 30 minutes of trying to figure this out solo, here's how I got it to work in my 2016 F-Type (I know this is an FPace forum, but the process s/b the same):
1. Get a helper that can climb a ladder to the garage door opener motor;
2. Turn the ignition on (do NOT depress the brake pedal, but press and hold the start button until the dash lights come on);
3. Clear the codes in your vehicle by pressing and holding the outer two (#1 and #3) memory buttons until the LED flashes, then release. NOTE: The manual says to hold for ten seconds and no more than 20 seconds. My codes did not clear until about 18 seconds.
4. Have your helper press and release the "Learn" button on the garage door opener motor case;
5. Immediately, press and hold the garage door memory button in your vehicle. The LED will start flashing. When the LED stops flashing and stays on, release the memory button.
6. Repeat steps #4 and #5 three more times.
7. Test to see if the code holds by pressing and holding your vehicle's memory button for 2 seconds. If it worked, the garage door will open/close.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts