Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new member first post!

I recently purchased a F-Pace and it came with a full size spare. I knew how much room it would take up from the showroom model but I said the heck with it, I'll manage. More than likely most of you are saying "why didn't you build?!?!?!" and I wanted to but the delivery date was late-FEB/early-MAR! so I picked up one from the inventory.

Full-size spares are great in that you get a fifth tire/rim so I wanted to keep it and didnt want the dealer to get rid of it for me. QUESTION: Is there way I can purchase a kit of some sort to fit it to a donut instead of a full-size? A flat, spacious trunk would be great...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

I recently purchased a F-Pace and it came with a full size spare. I knew how much room it would take up from the showroom model but I said the heck with it, I'll manage. More than likely most of you are saying "why didn't you build?!?!?!" and I wanted to but the delivery date was late-FEB/early-MAR! so I picked up one from the inventory.

Full-size spares are great in that you get a fifth tire/rim so I wanted to keep it and didnt want the dealer to get rid of it for me. QUESTION: Is there way I can purchase a kit of some sort to fit it to a donut instead of a full-size? A flat, spacious trunk would be great...
Best advice I could give ya is take the full size spare out, put it inside your garage or home and im sure you can buy a normal load space floor from jag.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You could always buy 4 run flat tires, then you wouldn't need a spare;)

I'm sure your dealers parts department would love to sell you a space saver (donut) with all the necessary mounting parts to put in your trunk.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Let us know the costs.. I bought mine off the lot with the full size spare. Because of the Hump, it make is hard for my dog to stand up in the back. I'd be curious as to the cost of a new cover and spare.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Let us know the costs.. I bought mine off the lot with the full size spare. Because of the Hump, it make is hard for my dog to stand up in the back. I'd be curious as to the cost of a new cover and spare.
You don't have to get a new spare... all you need is the standard cover that would come if you bought your car with the space saver. Take the full size spare and put it in your house, garage, apartment etc.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You don't have to get a new spare... all you need is the standard cover that would come if you bought your car with the space saver. Take the full size spare and put it in your house, garage, apartment etc.
Wait a minute, what happens when you get a flat, and have no spare.!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

Wait a minute, what happens when you get a flat, and have no spare.!!!!!!!
Well you have five years of free road side assistance...? I wouldn't bother buying a space saver spare if you already have a full sized spare, just put the full sized spare somewhere safe, buy the regular cargo floor then if you do get a flat call road side assistance and you could just have them tow you are your FP back to your home and BOOM, your all set and JMan just saved you a bit of money on a space saver ;):laugh:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Well you have five years of free road side assistance...? I wouldn't bother buying a space saver spare if you already have a full sized spare, just put the full sized spare somewhere safe, buy the regular cargo floor then if you do get a flat call road side assistance and you could just have them tow you are your FP back to your home and BOOM, your all set and JMan just saved you a bit of money on a space saver ;):laugh:
Enlighten me, is the roadside assistance supplied by JLR, or buy someone like AAA?

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Enlighten me, is the roadside assistance supplied by JLR, or buy someone like AAA?
I am pretty sure it is outsourced by JLR... so could be a local tow company. Ive heard a few experiences on here of people using it and all of them have been positive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pre-ordered mine before they knew what the hump looked like. agreed with dealer that he'd get the flat boot cover and space saver spare and we'd split cost. think total was $400-$600. easy fix.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts

The standard Flat Cargo Floor Cover for the Space Saver is REVERSIBLE , with a Rubber Bottom that would then become the top !
What if you took out your Full Size Spare , and turned the Humped Cover Upside Down , and see if it fits snug ! It wouldn't be a flat floor , but it would actually give you a Deeper Cargo area ! ???? Just a thought !
And it is most likely Rubber on that backside as well !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am pretty sure it is outsourced by JLR... so could be a local tow company. Ive heard a few experiences on here of people using it and all of them have been positive.
This was something I thought of but didnt want to roll the dice on the roadside assistance since its 3rd party. Still might give it a go though...

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
This was something I thought of but didnt want to roll the dice on the roadside assistance since its 3rd party. Still might give it a go though...
Its free, might as well try it if you have a flat. If the tow guy/truck seems a bit sketchy then you could pass haha. It all depends on the area you live in I'm sure, if you live in a decent area you should be fine. If you live in the boonies in bumblef*ck idaho Id be a bit weary and would definitely recommend carrying a spare along with a weapon ;)

Reactions: cimbom365

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pre-ordered mine before they knew what the hump looked like. agreed with dealer that he'd get the flat boot cover and space saver spare and we'd split cost. think total was $400-$600. easy fix.
Out of curiosity, did you keep the full-size? I want to throw it in my garage like Jman suggests ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
The standard Flat Cargo Floor Cover for the Space Saver is REVERSIBLE , with a Rubber Bottom that would then become the top !
What if you took out your Full Size Spare , and turned the Humped Cover Upside Down , and see if it fits snug ! It wouldn't be a flat floor , but it would actually give you a Deeper Cargo area ! ???? Just a thought !
And it is most likely Rubber on that backside as well !
I was just going to purchase a protective rubber mat for the cargo area as I noticed that the carpet does get marks when you put something heavy like winter tires in the cargo hold. I did not realize that it is two sided with a rubber side. I am going to look at that tomorrow and probably save myself some money.

What is the point of buying a protective mat as I read some did on this forum if the cover is two sided with a rubber side, seems to be a waste of money.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have the space saver spare. In fact if you go back in this forum I was the one that found out that the full size spare came with the infamous hump which caused a bunch of change orders for those of us who pre ordered early.

If I had the full size spare, I would not take it out and store it and go without a spare. I would either keep it in the vehicle and live with it or change over to a space saver spare. If I did take out the full size and run without a spare then no doubt a flat would occur on a Sunday in some g-d forsaken place in no where land likely hundreds of miles from a Jaguar dealer. The roadside assistance is not going to flat bed you miles from your home or a Jaguar dealer but only to the nearest local garage.

At least for the S model which I have, the 20 inch Goodyear OEM tire was developed for the F Pace. I doubt you will find them in stock at any tire dealer especially one in no where land. Most Jaguar dealers would likely carry at least one in stock for replacement or they could get delivery in a day from the warehouse. A tire dealer in a larger town or city could also likely get delivery by the next day.

In g-d country figure at least another day for delivery to the local garage or tire dealer.

So there I am stuck in no where land and if I am lucky, I find a crappy motel for Sunday night and if was thinking, I have the phone number for the garage that has my F Pace, with my flat. I call them bright and early Monday morning after having some putrid coffee and a stale complimentary Danish at the motel and they tell me this because they are on the ball: "Hey Bud we already called our tire supplier and if we order it before 10 AM today it could make it here by tomorrow but more likely Tuesday. UPS Delivery is usually about 1 PM so we will likely have you on your way by late Tuesday afternoon, better book another night at that motel."

Kind of sounds like Hotel California by the Eagles.

No thank you luckily I discovered the hump issue early and have the space saver.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
If I had the full size spare, I would not take it out and store it and go without a spare. I would either keep it in the vehicle and live with it or change over to a space saver spare. If I did take out the full size and run without a spare then no doubt a flat would occur on a Sunday in some g-d forsaken place in no where land likely hundreds of miles from a Jaguar dealer. The roadside assistance is not going to flat bed you miles from your home or a Jaguar dealer but only to the nearest local garage.

At least for the S model which I have, the 20 inch Goodyear OEM tire was developed for the F Pace. I doubt you will find them in stock at any tire dealer especially one in no where land. Most Jaguar dealers would likely carry at least one in stock for replacement or they could get delivery in a day from the warehouse. A tire dealer in a larger town or city could also likely get delivery by the next day.

In g-d country figure at least another day for delivery to the local garage or tire dealer.

So there I am stuck in no where land and if I am lucky, I find a crappy motel for Sunday night and if was thinking, I have the phone number for the garage that has my F Pace, with my flat. I call them bright and early Monday morning after having some putrid coffee and a stale complimentary Danish at the motel and they tell me this because they are on the ball: "Hey Bud we already called our tire supplier and if we order it before 10 AM today it could make it here by tomorrow but more likely Tuesday. UPS Delivery is usually about 1 PM so we will likely have you on your way by late Tuesday afternoon, better book another night at that motel."
This is exactly why I questioned leaving the spare in the house or garage. Been there, done that.
I'd really be concerned about some yahoo towing or dragging my FP onto a flatbed in the middle of nowhere.:(

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I have the space saver spare. In fact if you go back in this forum I was the one that found out that the full size spare came with the infamous hump which caused a bunch of change orders for those of us who pre ordered early.

Kind of sounds like Hotel California by the Eagles.

No thank you luckily I discovered the hump issue early and have the space saver.
This is exactly why I questioned leaving the spare in the house or garage. Been there, done that.
I'd really be concerned about some yahoo towing or dragging my FP onto a flatbed in the middle of nowhere.:(
If you have the full size spare, and have enough money to buy a space saver and the flat cargo mat then by all means. But like I've said, Ive seen a few stories on this forum from people who used the road side assistance and they've all been positive. Now I do understand being a little weary if you live in nowhere land and wouldn't want one tooth joe from the local tow shop coming to save you, but I am rarely in an extremely rural place so I would feel safe using the road side assistance (I have the space saver spare though so there should be no need for me).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Actually I miscalculated the days, likely would not get going until Wednesday if they ordered the tire on Monday, so three nights in some crappy motel in the middle of no where. A nightmare to say the least.

No thank you, never go without a spare unless like my previous vehicle a Bimmer it ran with RFT.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts