Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
So has anyone actually specc'd out what it would take to install the later gas tank in a 2017-2018? The tank itself looks reasonably priced (Under $1000). I wonder about not only labor, but what other ancillary parts would need to be changed - Would the fuel gauge and range to empty read properly?
I know what details are needed. Because I already did it)))
Fuel meter readings are correct. How can it be in an English car))

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Now you all have me curious, any $$$ numbers on having this done through a US dealer? Would really add a lot to my experience to have the extra gallons on board.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I will not say about the prices of dealers in the USA, because I live in another country)) But the general level of prices will be approximately the same. The price of ALL NEW spare parts from the dealer in Germany was 1,300 euro. The cost of work at the dealer to replace the tank was $ 250. The most expensive is the tank and the fuel pump. The rest are holders and fasteners. And some could not be changed, because they are removed from the old tank.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace 35t Prestige - BRG on Latte, Tech pack, 20" Wheels
5 Posts
I will not say about the prices of dealers in the USA, because I live in another country)) But the general level of prices will be approximately the same. The price of ALL NEW spare parts from the dealer in Germany was 1,300 euro. The cost of work at the dealer to replace the tank was $ 250. The most expensive is the tank and the fuel pump. The rest are holders and fasteners. And some could not be changed, because they are removed from the old tank.
Interesting that the fuel pump itself is different, I was hoping only the tank itself needed to be swapped and the rest of the parts (aside from single-use consumables) would transfer from the original tank.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Interesting that the fuel pump itself is different, I was hoping only the tank itself needed to be swapped and the rest of the parts (aside from single-use consumables) would transfer from the original tank.
The fuel pump is designed to work with a "deeper" tank. The fasteners and protection are also designed for a large tank. From a "small" tank, they are not suitable, because the different shapes of tanks.

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace 35t Prestige - BRG on Latte, Tech pack, 20" Wheels
5 Posts
The fuel pump is designed to work with a "deeper" tank. The fasteners and protection are also designed for a large tank. From a "small" tank, they are not suitable, because the different shapes of tanks.
Makes sense. Was any programming or coding necessary for the DTE calculator to read properly? I assume the fuel level would read correctly based on the sender signal.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts