Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
F Pace Expert
2,546 Posts
Biggest advance since cup holder covers ;)

Reactions: MTHM and DPinTX

·
Registered
378 Posts
Another reason to buy the SVR! Now since I have a lead foot, it may not help at all in actual miles per tank though! But if I baby it, perhaps we can push well above 300 miles per tank!

Now waiting for the engineers to tell us how the weight of the extra 5 gallons will impact the fuel economy.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Now waiting for the engineers to tell us how the weight of the extra 5 gallons will impact the fuel economy.
Not sure if GR is an engineer, I’m sure he will tell us. :D

DP

Reactions: Florida guy

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Not sure if GR is an engineer, I’m sure he will tell us. :DDP
Maybe not an engineer . . . but he knows all. Just ask him. >:)

It may come as a surprise to many of you here on this forum ,
but *GR* , is indeed an *ENGINEER* , as a matter of fact !!!:)
Since one definition of "engineer" is , *the operator or supervisor of an Engine* !!!:D
My job is actually MORE than just an "engineer" , because *GR* not only controls the engine ,
he also controls the entire BIG RIG he is driving !!!>:)

Now , to the question at hand , concerning a change in MPG due to weight !!!
I cannot answer that question for you ,
however , I can give you SOME information to ponder !!!

The new total of "usable" gallons is *21.7* , and the old total was *16.6* !
That is a difference of *5.1* gallons !
Gasoline weighs *6.3* pounds per gallon !
So , *5.1 gallons* X *6.3 pounds* = *32.13 pounds* !

That being said , I will now allow an "engineer" (of different sorts) ,
to let us all know what difference *32.13 pounds* will make in MPG's !!!;)

GOOD DAY , Ladies & Gentlemen !!!0:)

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well let’s looks at the numbers

For every 100lb of weight that effects gas mileage by 2%

As you drive the gas is used so then this number goes down in a linear compound fractional way. However gas is more densce in cool weather so depends on the temperature, then factor in the elevation above sea level. Along with the type of tires your using. For the best results you should take your durometer readings of your tires after they are up to operating temperature. Then factor in the rolling resistance of tire weather it’s filled with air or nitrogen.

So based on my calculations of 32.1 LB of fuel wight when the car is full it will effect gas mileage by 0.006%

Your mileage may vary :D

DP

·
Registered
173 Posts
It may come as a surprise to many of you here on this forum ,
but *GR* , is indeed an *ENGINEER* , as a matter of fact !!!:)
Since one definition of "engineer" is , *the operator or supervisor of an Engine* !!!:D
My job is actually MORE than just an "engineer" , because *GR* not only controls the engine ,
he also controls the entire BIG RIG he is driving !!!>:)

Now , to the question at hand , concerning a change in MPG due to weight !!!
I cannot answer that question for you ,
however , I can give you SOME information to ponder !!!

The new total of "usable" gallons is *21.7* , and the old total was *16.6* !
That is a difference of *5.1* gallons !
Gasoline weighs *6.3* pounds per gallon !
So , *5.1 gallons* X *6.3 pounds* = *32.13 pounds* !

That being said , I will now allow an "engineer" (of different sorts) ,
to let us all know what difference *32.13 pounds* will make in MPG's !!!;)

GOOD DAY , Ladies & Gentlemen !!!0:)
Well let’s looks at the numbers

For every 100lb of weight that effects gas mileage by 2%

As you drive the gas is used so then this number goes down in a linear compound fractional way. However gas is more densce in cool weather so depends on the temperature, then factor in the elevation above sea level. Along with the type of tires your using. For the best results you should take your durometer readings of your tires after they are up to operating temperature. Then factor in the rolling resistance of tire weather it’s filled with air or nitrogen.

So based on my calculations of 32.1 LB of fuel wight when the car is full it will effect gas mileage by 0.006%

Your mileage may vary :D

DP
Niiice !!!

But the bigger question to ponder is....can they engineer an easy upgrade for the 2017-18's and for the $64 question...HOW MUCH!!! :D

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Niiice !!!

But the bigger question to ponder is....can they engineer an easy upgrade for the 2017-18's and for the $64 question...HOW MUCH!!! :D
I believe they used the space that is used for the blue stuff the diesel cars use. My guess is maybe a tank swap will work once we get a 2019 we can check.

My theory is anything is possible with enoght Time and Money.

DP

·
Registered
5,074 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all
Just purchased a 2018 F Pace S a few days ago. Loving it btw. I'm confused by something though. When I google the fuel tank capacity, I find 82L (about 21.5 gallons). However, after filling it up for the first time from pretty much empty, I only got 60L (15.8 gal) in the tank.
Anybody have an explanation?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I agree with Nixmo, I think the 21 gallon tank didn't start until MY19. 18 would still have the 16 gallon 60L.

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Yes, both correct, the 2019 Started the larger size, JLR took the space of the DEF tank on Gas/Petrol versions, that’s why the Diesel is still the same size.

DP

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
The Fuel Tank Capacity for the 2017-2018 Gas F-Paces is 16.6 Gallons !

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace S, Polaris White
6 Posts
Yeah 16 Gallon here on a '17 S

·
Registered
2017 F-Pace 35t Prestige - BRG on Latte, Tech pack, 20" Wheels
6 Posts
So has anyone actually specc'd out what it would take to install the later gas tank in a 2017-2018? The tank itself looks reasonably priced (Under $1000). I wonder about not only labor, but what other ancillary parts would need to be changed - Would the fuel gauge and range to empty read properly?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just a point of (limited) interest. Here in the UK our (imperial) gallons are approximately 20% bigger than your US gallons.
So, when fuel consumption is being discussed, our MPG figures alway show 20% more just by virtue of this difference.
A 2.0 litre diesel here is perfectly capable of 40 MPG in general day to day use, as this is equivalent to 32 MPG (US).
BTW, the 60 litre tank in my two litre diesel is actually 13.2 gallons in the UK = 15.85 gallons over the pond.
A Happy New Year to all, both sides of the Atlantic...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts