Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new F-PACES will have a 21.7 Gallon Fuel Tank. This will replace the 15.9 gallon tank.

DP

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 20D will be the only one with the smaller tank.

DP

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The 20D will be the only one with the smaller tank.

DP
And it will still go farther than an S on 5.8 gallons less....>:)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The new F-PACES will have a 21.7 Gallon Fuel Tank. This will replace the 15.9 gallon tank.

DP
They had to with the SVR trim now available.

Did you check out the SVR options? Similar to those available on the S or unique?

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They had to with the SVR trim now available.

Did you check out the SVR options? Similar to those available on the S or unique?
Only really unique is the special blue color, shift and some of the badging. You can get the 14 way seats in the R and S as well as the other options.

DP

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
then I guess it's good for those ordering MY19 that I complained on EVERY survey I got for both my MY17 and MY18 about the size of fuel tank

·
Registered
5,074 Posts

DP
15.9 was on the Diesels !

The Gassers have a 16.6 !

Reactions: VZX-CO

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reactions: GRVR

·
Registered
2,243 Posts

DP
Another reason to buy the SVR! Now since I have a lead foot, it may not help at all in actual miles per tank though! But if I baby it, perhaps we can push well above 300 miles per tank!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm Lovin' This Stuff

It's probably why I flunked Engineering 101, but going from 16.6 to 21.7, is quite a leap. Something like 30%!!!! Unless they've figured out how to use the space in the tires to hold all of that extra fuel, I haven't a clue where it's going to go. Will they use up some of that 33 cu.ft of "trunk" space? If so, there goes one of the features the marketing people have been using; best in class capacity.

Anyway, I'd be satisfied with anything greater than 16.6. 21.7 would be phenomenal!

King Fala

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's probably why I flunked Engineering 101, but going from 16.6 to 21.7, is quite a leap. Something like 30%!!!! Unless they've figured out how to use the space in the tires to hold all of that extra fuel, I haven't a clue where it's going to go. Will they use up some of that 33 cu.ft of "trunk" space? If so, there goes one of the features the marketing people have been using; best in class capacity.

Anyway, I'd be satisfied with anything greater than 16.6. 21.7 would be phenomenal!

King Fala
A five gallon bucket is less than a foot in diameter by less than two feet tall. Flatten it out and you could easily wrap it up inside dead space around the floor pan. The donut spare tire well has plenty of dead space at the corners -- I fit in jumper cables, a tool kit, gloves, ice scraper, and some other stuff. I can't imagine they'd take away from the 33 cubic feet.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Where to fit a larger fuel tank

The most interesting answer to my question of "how and where" was called in to me late this afternoon. what I learned is that the original 16 gal tank is the same for the gasoline and diesel vehicles. But from what I understand, the diesel variants also need a separate tank for the Adblue or def. The tank for that is about 4 or 5 gals in volume. Get rid of that, and voila, more room for a larger gasoline tank. H-m-m-m! 16 plus 5 ????? I suppose the space was always there (where ever "there" is). Given the economy of scale, and a decision to use the same tank for both type of vehicles, left the gassers with a poor decision.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
My guess is they put the extra gal where the DEF tank is on the 20D's.... there is at least 4.5 gal of space there that might as well be filled by gas tank....

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2019MY owners manual is now live on the Jaguar website 2019 F-PACE
It verifys the 21.9 gallon fuel tank.

DP

Reactions: KingFala

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
the 2017 and 2018 fuel tanks are 16.6
You only had to go up *9* posts , to find someone had already made this statement !!!

·
Registered
Wealth of Knowledge
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also shows new layout for the updated instrument panel. Wonder if that comes to older models in updates as well.

Jaguar Owner Information
That layout is consistent with what you see in the velar that also has the ICTP DUO and also the images of the new SVR dash.

I would think maybe there is an update to make things the same across the line. Unless this is the new TFT2 dash screens and they like this moving forward?

I’m sure it will be all sorted over the next 6 months.

DP

1 - 20 of 48 Posts