Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my F-Pace S for about 5 weeks now and have not driven 800 miles yet, but I was curious how my fuel efficiency was doing. I pulled up all of my journeys and did a small bit of analysis. I broke my trips down by trip distance and calculated the MPGs. Driving mode was a mix of Normal and Dynamic mostly and also a mix of conservative and spirited.

0-9 miles: 43 trips - 15.2 mpg - 17.8 avg mph
10-19 miles: 16 trips - 22.4 mpg - 40.8 avg mph
20-29 miles: 14 trips - 24.0 mpg - 48.6 avg mph
30-39 miles: 3 trips - 23.5 mpg - 36 avg mph

Overall I got 18.7 mpg in 76 trips over 773 miles. Average speed was 29 mph.

What I found interesting was that in the first 527 miles (during my break in) I averaged 18.3 mpg but after that, when my driving became a bit more spirited, my efficiency went up to 19.6 mpg.

I plan to take a 1000 mile trip in a couple of weeks so I'm really curious to see what I get while spending most of my time on the highway.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
That looks about right and on par...I got the VelocityAP tune and my mileage while mostly in dynamic mode has consistently been in the 19's MPG range..and that's mostly city driving.

Also I change the oil at 1500 miles to get rid of the factory engine break-ins out..So that may help a bit too.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
That's awesome...Which mode and engine size?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
My trips... so yes, a bit of a smart a$$, as the "This Trip" was coasting down Loveland Pass. That said, the previous "Best Trip" of 29.3 - and verified at the pump - was from Denver on the first leg to Iowa for Thanksgiving. The gradual drop in elevation, plus a tail wind, created that number, which was just over 300 miles before I stopped to fill up, and I was driving in the 70-80 mph range. I find I am getting the claimed 18 in the city and 23 highway, real average.

·
Registered
588 Posts
What view is that? Is I don't see it on my ICTP, but maybe its because you has a S?
I have it on my ICT as an alternative view. Pretty sure it is in the vehicle setup menu from the steering wheel left-side buttons.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Best I've done is a leg of a run to Maryland I always take going to my boat. It's totally flat section of Rt 301 from Middletown Delaware to Stevensville, Md. I've pushed the F-Pace to 24.5mpg twice on that stretch and I'm mostly average over 23 mpg on any run. It's not a stretch of road you want to speed on because it's patrolled religionsly by Maryland's finest. I average anything from 58mph to 70mph on that stretch with it mostly in the 63 to 67 mph. That seems to be the sweet spot for my F-Pace for cruising to the best mpg.

·
Registered
95 Posts
This was a trip I took from the airport the other day. Granted it was all toll, no traffic and cruise set at 75. Even still, it's 3.3 mpgs higher than Jag's highest estimates.
So, your picture with the all he information in the cluster, can you maybe take some pics of how you got to that? Because I sat in mine (Prestige Model) last night and couldn't find it!

I have ITCP, do you? Could it be an ITC only thing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
It must be the ITCP version..Mine is the ITC version and that display is not in my menu.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Actual math at the pump=19.06, car reports higher, usually 1 mpg and change over actual. All miles part city, part highway.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Oh, it is ICT, as that is what I have, and proof in my avatar.
Can you briefly explain how you go about setting that up?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Well, that solves the problem for me... not sure about you DPK...
I guess I was wrong, sorry about that:eek:..I'll have to play with it to figure out on how to set that view up..:confused:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I guess I was wrong, sorry about that:eek:..I'll have to play with it to figure out on how to set that view up..:confused:
Always plenty to learn, grasshopper! :) I only know about it from that one road trip to eye oh way, where getting across Nebraska necessitated some distraction. There is a center display setting, from the left steering wheel controls. I normally have it set to show the current entertainment playing, but I think the option is for it to display Trip Data. You can then - using the left stalk button - change from trip A to B to current, as well as showing instant or av. fuel economy and such. Have fun!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts