Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone heard about Estimated Fuel Consumption mile/gallon on F-Pace models 20d(180HP), 35t(340HP) and S(380HP)? And when Jaguar is going to release?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did anyone heard about Estimated Fuel Consumption mile/gallon on F-Pace models 20d(180HP), 35t(340HP) and S(380HP)? And when Jaguar is going to release?
Check jaguar.co.uk. Saw MPG for diesel and petrol at end of build sequence. If you want MPG you may have to convert liters.
Auto Ans Guy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check jaguar.co.uk. Saw MPG for diesel and petrol at end of build sequence. If you want MPG you may have to convert liters.
Auto Ans Guy.

Thank you!!!

U.K. Urban: 23.2
U.K. Extra Urban: 39.8
U.K. Combine: 31.7

U.S. City: 19.31 mpg
U.S. Highway: 33.14 mpg
U.S. Combined: 26.39 mpg

As per the below online converter:
https://www.unitjuggler.com/convert-fuelconsumption-from-mpgimperial-to-mpg.html

·
Registered
433 Posts
You do have to convert Imperial gallons (who knew?! Just like Imperial pints...) to US gallons. For the 20d, it converts to around 41/62. I don't believe it'll actually get that (especially in DC-area traffic!). You can also look at the BMW X3 diesel XDrive ratings, which is a **similar** engine (same HP but less torque). Its numbers are 27/34, which I think is more realistic.

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
The UK has very different rules for measurement of fuel economy, leading to far higher readings than in the US. I'm estimating that the US EPA for F-pace will be around 20 -- oddly I get the same estimate for both engines (340 and 380 HP). Basis for that:

F-Type also has 340 and 380 HP engine options. Assuming they're the same as what's in F-Pace, we can use their EPA fuel economy readings and adjust from there.

US EPA measurements for the 340 F-Type (rear wheel drive) are 28 highway, 19 city, 22 combined. Add AWD and about 540 pounds of weight (3477 lbs vs. 4015), and I'm guessing we lose about 2 MPG, which would have us at 20 MPG for combined driving.

F-Type 380 HP AWD is rated for 26 highway, 18 local, and 21 combined. Weight of that car is 3691 pounds. Curb weight of the F-Pace is 4015. (Oddly, F-Pace Prestige (340) and S (380) are listed at exactly the same weight.) I'd guess the 325 lb extra weight would subtract 1 MPG -- leaving us with about 20 in combined driving.

In practice, it seems likely that the 380 HP engine should have lesser fuel economy, but on the F-Type the measured difference is only 1 MPG, and that's on a heavier model. If F-Pace is really the same weight for both gasoline engines, it seems likely they'll get very similar fuel economy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks sg92!!!, still its not bad compare to Porsche Macan MPG - 17/19/23 vs F-Pace 380 MPG - 18/21/26.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The UK has very different rules for measurement of fuel economy, leading to far higher readings than in the US. I'm estimating that the US EPA for F-pace will be around 20 -- oddly I get the same estimate for both engines (340 and 380 HP). Basis for that:

F-Type also has 340 and 380 HP engine options. Assuming they're the same as what's in F-Pace, we can use their EPA fuel economy readings and adjust from there.

US EPA measurements for the 340 F-Type (rear wheel drive) are 28 highway, 19 city, 22 combined. Add AWD and about 540 pounds of weight (3477 lbs vs. 4015), and I'm guessing we lose about 2 MPG, which would have us at 20 MPG for combined driving.

F-Type 380 HP AWD is rated for 26 highway, 18 local, and 21 combined. Weight of that car is 3691 pounds. Curb weight of the F-Pace is 4015. (Oddly, F-Pace Prestige (340) and S (380) are listed at exactly the same weight.) I'd guess the 325 lb extra weight would subtract 1 MPG -- leaving us with about 20 in combined driving.

In practice, it seems likely that the 380 HP engine should have lesser fuel economy, but on the F-Type the measured difference is only 1 MPG, and that's on a heavier model. If F-Pace is really the same weight for both gasoline engines, it seems likely they'll get very similar fuel economy.
I've always assumed the 340 and 380 HP engines are actually the exact same engine, they just control the HP via the ECU so they can upsell people on the 380 HP model. But fuel usage is probably very very similar.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've always assumed the 340 and 380 HP engines are actually the exact same engine, they just control the HP via the ECU so they can upsell people on the 380 HP model. But fuel usage is probably very very similar.
You are probably right. That would certainly explain the weight being the same. F-Type weights differ by about 50 pounds between the F-Type (340) and F-Type S (380), but that's probably because of other features that differ between the two cars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a bit more than the ECU. Won't get 40 HP more only from there.
Headers maybe...

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm pretty sure there is a bit more than the ECU. Won't get 40 HP more only from there.
Headers maybe...
You can tune cars to get 40+ HP out of them all the time. You can get a tune to take a jetta tdi from 135 HP to 195 HP for example.

That said, I'm just speculating, I have no information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Headers maybe...
I asked to my dealer when looking to buy a F-Type, according him it's only the ECU.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Seeing red!

Thanks sg92!!!, still its not bad compare to Porsche Macan MPG - 17/19/23 vs F-Pace 380 MPG - 18/21/26.
Hey Nixaus, sorry nothing here about the forum question but it looks like you have a Odyssey Red Fpace in your avatar. Are you getting one in that color? We haven't seen anyone else stating that they are getting one in that color (like we are).

Regardless, can't wait for the first forum pics of that color on the car, or us posting pics of our Fpace when it comes in (with black pack and 20" black blades). Got a feeling that the configurator is not doing the color justice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Nixaus, sorry nothing here about the forum question but it looks like you have a Odyssey Red Fpace in your avatar. Are you getting one in that color? We haven't seen anyone else stating that they are getting one in that color (like we are).

Regardless, can't wait for the first forum pics of that color on the car, or us posting pics of our Fpace when it comes in (with black pack and 20" black blades). Got a feeling that the configurator is not doing the color justice.
No I am getting Italian Racing Red, in the link below there are some dealers pictures of XF in Odyssey Red Metallic, color looks great.

2016 Jaguar XF - Park Place

·
Registered
501 Posts
Dyno-mite

No I am getting Italian Racing Red, in the link below there are some dealers pictures of XF in Odyssey Red Metallic, color looks great.

2016 Jaguar XF - Park Place
Awesome!!! Thanks for posting that link! While IRR looks great, I'm super happy now with our decision to get the Odyssey red. With the black everything adornment, it's going to look cool. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,969 Posts
It's just the tuning (increased boost primarily) accounting for the difference. One of the beautiful things about pressurized vehicles :D ...
That's very true but an easier way to get more HP is to change the size of the pulley on the supercharger (make it smaller) usually there is no tune necessary. Quicker boost more HP while fuel economy goes down hill. But, if you're buying the 380 HP motor how concerned are you about MPG.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So with all the above being said, what has everyone experienced for their gas mileage? I have the F-Pace S AWD (380HP) and city is like 17 at best and highway is 21 maybe. My XF-R V8 gets at least 25 on the highway.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts