Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

We took our F Pace S in to the dealer today to have them look at a few things - one including the front parking sensors. We've noticed that they tend to freak out more often than not, even when nothing is around, once you start driving forward in D after reversing. I'll list the steps out below that we take to replicate it, and I'm working on getting a video.

Start car, place in R
Reverse out of space (camera is on along with front and rear sensors)
Place in D to move forward (camera goes away, front sensors stay active)
Start driving, under 10mph, system beeps continuously and indicates an object is imminent near either side of the front bumper (even when the parking lot is empty).
After about 20 seconds the system stops and everything goes to normal.

Does anyone have a similar issue? The dealer made an observation that since the S model has the side blades on the front grille (where other models have the split rear fake grilles) that maybe they're interfering with the sensors?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey everyone,

We took our F Pace S in to the dealer today to have them look at a few things - one including the front parking sensors. We've noticed that they tend to freak out more often than not, even when nothing is around, once you start driving forward in D after reversing. I'll list the steps out below that we take to replicate it, and I'm working on getting a video.

Start car, place in R
Reverse out of space (camera is on along with front and rear sensors)
Place in D to move forward (camera goes away, front sensors stay active)
Start driving, under 10mph, system beeps continuously and indicates an object is imminent near either side of the front bumper (even when the parking lot is empty).
After about 20 seconds the system stops and everything goes to normal.

Does anyone have a similar issue? The dealer made an observation that since the S model has the side blades on the front grille (where other models have the split rear fake grilles) that maybe they're interfering with the sensors?

Same to Same. Dittoo. I gave my S to dealer today to take a look. For me it always beeps right side of the front bumper even when parking lot is empty. So I don't think it is because of side blades. I will let you know what my service guy comes up with

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmmm good (or bad?) to hear...

I wrote Good to hear that someone else also have same problem in my above post and then deleted it :p haha. I feel lil relaxed after I hear from you .

I reported above same issue last time when I gave my car for paint protection servicing but they said everything is fine no issues. This time I took time to sit with service adviser in car to replicate how irritating it was when it beeps when nothing is in-front. Even if they dont have any fix for it right now. very sure they will come up with one soon. Lot of S models out here in USA. Lets see if others noticed this problem

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay. I just got call from service center. They said they have to update the control module software.(Not sure what that is ) But he said update will take several hours so I am not getting my car back today.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had the same thing happen on an R-Sport that I test drove. Mentioned it to the sales guy, but since this was the first test drive of an FP at the dealership he just said that he thought things were not setup right.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Out of curiosity, are those of you with sensor issues all in cars with In Control Touch Pro?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Video of the issue for us. Keep it mind once we are in drive, the road is completely clear and that's when the sensors start going off

https://flic.kr/p/JoH2m2

Did you get any answer from your service center ? My service guy is saying that is the way it is designed and other S model in the showroom is also doing the same thing. If thats the case we should hear lot of complains on this by now from all S model owners. I donno what to do.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I haven't noticed my front sensors going off when I switch to Drive if nothing is in front of me. My little oddity is my sensors not going off at all even if a brick wall is in front of me. It's weird but they seem to work when I pull into my garage. I get all kinds of warnings and they are accurate--directly in front; front rides side; front left side. You can see on your big screen where the warning is coming from and the color of the warning. The cross-traffic warning is excellent too. It works front (vehicle stopped/slowed just ahead so wake up and think about braking); and a rear warning (Jerk crossing behind you way too close so step on the brake pedal)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Video of the issue for us. Keep it mind once we are in drive, the road is completely clear and that's when the sensors start going off

Does you driveway have a downhill slope that would caused the sensors to detect the driveway when going downhill?

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Does you driveway have a downhill slope that would caused the sensors to detect the driveway when going downhill?
Only slightly, and I've had other cars with front sensors that had no problems. I don't even know that I would call it a slope.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't noticed my front sensors going off when I switch to Drive if nothing is in front of me. My little oddity is my sensors not going off at all even if a brick wall is in front of me. It's weird but they seem to work when I pull into my garage. I get all kinds of warnings and they are accurate--directly in front; front rides side; front left side. You can see on your big screen where the warning is coming from and the color of the warning. The cross-traffic warning is excellent too. It works front (vehicle stopped/slowed just ahead so wake up and think about braking); and a rear warning (Jerk crossing behind you way too close so step on the brake pedal)
Hmm. I'm stumped then. Don't know what Jaguar is going to tell JLR Austin to do about that.

·
Registered
477 Posts

Only slightly, and I've had other cars with front sensors that had no problems. I don't even know that I would call it a slope.
I'll have to see if mine do this when I get back. I haven't had more than a couple hours with the car, once I play with it I will report back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hmm. I'm stumped then. Don't know what Jaguar is going to tell JLR Austin to do about that.

My dealer said he called up Jaquar and they recommended to do something. So my dealer performed it on my car and now my completely front sensor parking aid is NOT functioning and asked me to pick the car and drive it because I had plan for the weekend and they wont give loaner for more than 200 miles drive. So I end up driving car now with no front sensors. God. I am very frustrated.

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

My dealer said he called up Jaquar and they recommended to do something. So my dealer performed it on my car and now my completely front sensor parking aid is NOT functioning and asked me to pick the car and drive it because I had plan for the weekend and they wont give loaner for more than 200 miles drive. So I end up driving car now with no front sensors. God. I am very frustrated.
lol! Sorry about that, but you have to admit it's semi-comical :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Did you get any answer from your service center ? My service guy is saying that is the way it is designed and other S model in the showroom is also doing the same thing. If thats the case we should hear lot of complains on this by now from all S model owners. I donno what to do.
That's total BS. Our is working perfectly, no false positives, and come on when you hit the p/a button. We have the S. I'd ask the service manager - "are you freakin kidding me?" There's no way that's something that's going to be a commonality to all S models. Sounds like the spring manufacturer also makes sensors.

My 2 cents - there's a lot of bad sensors out there... or, the sensor is plugged with wax or something.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts