Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my F-Pace for about 4 months and I am finally getting around to mounting my front license plate. I have the front plastic license plate holder but I couldn't find any mounting screws. Was there a set of screws that came with the holder to use for mounting on the bumper? Any suggestions on mounting it properly would also be a big help.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Administrator
1,974 Posts
Call your dealer they should have what you need. Why didn't the dealer mount it to start?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks, yes I looked at this option but I don't like where the license plate ends up. I don't mind mounting on the bumper I am just not sure what screws, etc. to use. I was thinking there was a mounting kit that I just can't find.
Gotcha. When mine was delivered, the plate frame and mounting screws were in the back with the spare, but you probably already checked there. I would offer them up, but I pitched them. Maybe give your dealer a call, I bet they have some sets that others did not want just laying around.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call your dealer they should have what you need. Why didn't the dealer mount it to start?
They said they don't mount them because customers are particular about having their bumpers drilled. I didn't think about it ahead of time or I would have had them install but they are about an 1 1/2 hours away so I don't want to go back.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gotcha. When mine was delivered, the plate frame and mounting screws were in the back with the spare, but you probably already checked there. I would offer them up, but I pitched them. Maybe give your dealer a call, I bet they have some sets that others did not want just laying around.
Yeah, I did check and didn't see it. I think I probably put it somewhere but I am not sure where. I will try giving my salesman a call and see if they can send me one.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Hey @baherrick , I went ahead and let the dealer install ours before we drove it off the lot , mainly because we just transferred plates from *VR's* vehicle to this , plus it never dawned on me to consider aftermarket !!!
I actually prefer the bumper mount anyway , as I like the way that the plastic mount is *Form Fitting* to the front end , as you can see in the second photo ! And I also like being able to see the entire bottom valance piece ! JMO , but I think it looks like it is just supposed to be in that spot on the bumper !
That being said , I do however , totally understand the people that don't want to do it if they are planning on removing it now and then !

Reactions: sg92 and baherrick

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll be picking up my F-Pace next week and was wondering about the license plate holders (front and rear); are there holes to receive four screws to hold the plates secure to the plate holders, or are there just the two top screws as it appears in the photos above (hoping there are four so the plates are tighter and accept some plate frames I have)?

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
I'll be picking up my F-Pace next week and was wondering about the license plate holders (front and rear); are there holes to receive four screws to hold the plates secure to the plate holders, or are there just the two top screws as it appears in the photos above (hoping there are four so the plates are tighter and accept some plate frames I have)?
The reason you only see TWO screw caps , is because that is actually the aftermarket Plate Frame ! It came with matching black screw caps ! The frame doesn't have the bottom two holes in it , as the License Plate slides into clips in the bottom of the frame , and I think it looks cleaner that way ! I don't know for sure right now if there are FOUR screw holes in the mounting bracket , but I would assume there is ! I'll try to check tomorrow !

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Same with ours. I told the dealer I would send the whole car back in a very dramatic fashion if they touched the front bumper for the license plate.

Please don't drill into your bumper. If not for you, then for the next owner. The bumper murdering has to stop.:crying::crying:

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Same with ours. I told the dealer I would send the whole car back in a very dramatic fashion if they touched the front bumper for the license plate.

Please don't drill into your bumper. If not for you, then for the next owner. The bumper murdering has to stop.:crying::crying:
For what little bit of money "the next owner" is going to pay for my F-Pace in 15-16 years , I'm not to worried about it !!! ;)
Here's one made just for you @JWreck !!! >:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
The reason you only see TWO screw caps , is because that is actually the aftermarket Plate Frame ! It came with matching black screw caps ! The frame doesn't have the bottom two holes in it , as the License Plate slides into clips in the bottom of the frame , and I think it looks cleaner that way ! I don't know for sure right now if there are FOUR screw holes in the mounting bracket , but I would assume there is ! I'll try to check tomorrow !
Thanks, I'll be curious what you find. I prefer the four screw design (still fairly clean with the screw caps) and more secure.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know some freak out about drilling into the bumper to install the front license plate holder but I have finally decided to do it. Anyone that has installed themselves, what size drill bit did you use for the screws provided?

·
Premium Member
1,452 Posts
Gracious. We haven't ran a front plate since we got it. Actually, we haven't even put our registration sticker on the windshield yet either...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Tow Hook License Plates

I know some freak out about drilling into the bumper to install the front license plate holder but I have finally decided to do it. Anyone that has installed themselves, what size drill bit did you use for the screws provided?
Dude don't do it!!. I've almost killed my SG when I lived in NY for drilling into my brand new BMW back in 2007. luckly I don't live in NY anymore and loving the no front plate in Florida. However, when I was in NY I used this Tow Hook for my front plate. it was the best option and looked good IMO. I used on my Acura, BMW and Range Rover. Not sure if they make if for the Jag but it's worth a shot.

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/No-Hole-License-Plate-Bracket-Mounting-Kit-s/336.htm

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have installed a Platypus tow hook mount from Cravenspeed (www.cravenspeed.com). They now have one for the F-pace (I have a 2018 "S"). The screw in mount is the perfect length and they have designed it to sit out of the way of the parking sensors. There isn't any actual adjustability of where it mounts, and at first it did set off the sensor occasionally, but I took it off and gave it a bend that contours to the bumper and haven't had any issues since. Really like it and it was only $80 which is cheaper than most competitors.

Trying to figure out how to attach photos...maybe this worked. One photo is from front, one is top down to show clearance and contour.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have installed a Platypus tow hook mount from Cravenspeed (www.cravenspeed.com). They now have one for the F-pace (I have a 2018 "S"). The screw in mount is the perfect length and they have designed it to sit out of the way of the parking sensors. There isn't any actual adjustability of where it mounts, and at first it did set off the sensor occasionally, but I took it off and gave it a bend that contours to the bumper and haven't had any issues since. Really like it and it was only $80 which is cheaper than most competitors.

Trying to figure out how to attach photos...maybe this worked. One photo is from front, one is top down to show clearance and contour.
Hummm now that im looking at it, im not sure that i like on the F-pace. It looked great on my sedan cars :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Gracious. We haven't ran a front plate since we got it. Actually, we haven't even put our registration sticker on the windshield yet either...
Seriously? I can't believe you haven't gotten pulled over for no sticker...

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Actually, we haven't even put our registration sticker ON the windshield yet either...
Talk about having to RUIN the LOOK of the F-Pace . . . . .
A Cheesy Sticker in the Window ???:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: NO WAY !!!;)
Glad I don't live there !!!>:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts