Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has this issue - When I move the CAT from a stop position, the driver seat has a slight rock to it. Not only do you feel it but can hear it slightly. Almost like the seat flexes or has a lose bolt or something. Maybe I need to lose weight? I do have the seat all the way back since I am 6'2. I checked the 4 main bolts that hold the seat brackets to the car and they are on there strong. Any one have this issue or had service on this issue? My build date is Jan 2017. Have not taken it in yet since it is not a big enough of an issue since the dealer is about 1 hour from me.

Appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've noticed similar. Only really on my first drive of the day pullling out of the garage. It's very subtle. Subtle enough that I neglected to mention it when I brought my F Pace S in for its' first service last week. Will keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Yup, and if you lift your but and lean on the setback only it will push back slightly. Ive noticed it on my girlfriends car as well. It isn't a huge amount that it will push back so I dont think its an issue.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yup, and if you lift your but and lean on the setback only it will push back slightly. Ive noticed it on my girlfriends car as well. It isn't a huge amount that it will push back so I don't think its an issue.
Maybe both yours and hers have issues? :|
Dismissive generalizations about insignificance based on your experience (when you have a similar issue) aren't necessary. Fixed seats moving to the extent that you notice it as a driver/passenger isn't normal.

·
Registered
521 Posts
To get back on subject my passenger seat has this issue. Sometimes it will rattle with certain harmonics of the car. I am going to have them check it out when I take it in for the next service.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Back on topic here....if I remember another time it was mentioned correctly, I weigh about the same as Jman, and my seat does not do this. I'm not as tall, but maybe it is related to the seats only on the S trim?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine clunks all the time. When I stop at a light and punch it on the light turning green, instead of nice solid take off, i hear this clunk and it ruins it. Same clunk when coming to a full stop and cornering. It started after they replaced the seat leather! I took it to the dealer and the tech said they tightened and lubed the seat rails and problem went away. It was misdiagnosed and never fixed. I have an upcoming appointment to demo the issue to them. I think the seat pan is not fully secured. I tried looking for the **** bolts for the seat pan and couldnt fine them :(

·
Registered
947 Posts
...... but maybe it is related to the seats only on the S trim?
Could be. I checked mine while out tonight, and no movement whatsoever, and I probably weigh more than you do;)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
My S seats are fine.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
No clunk from our seats, just everything else in the car.

BTW, it was quite amusing the number of people harping on grammatical errors in posts that had errors in their own post and they didn't even know it.

The next post off topic in any thread tonight gets the poster banned for the weekend. Just deleted like 30 posts. That's 5 minutes I'll never see again...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same problem. Took awhile for the dealer to find the problem. They need to replace the rails that the seat are on. The part is backordered and it's more than a 30 day wait.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the same problem. Took awhile for the dealer to find the problem. They need to replace the rails that the seat are on. The part is backordered and it's more than a 30 day wait.
Thank you. Can you tell me your dealer's name so I can inform my dealer when I take it in so they can make it easier to identify the problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you. Can you tell me your dealer's name so I can inform my dealer when I take it in so they can make it easier to identify the problem?
My dealer is Jaguar Vancouver in Canada....1730 Burrard Street Vancouver, British Columbia, V6J 3G7. Just get your dealer to look at the rails when you're sitting in the seat. You should be able to recreate the problem for them in the shop to make it easier for them to fix.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did they replace this part and did it fix the issue? Mine has gone in 2 times for this issue and they aren't able to fix it. Its starting to bug me big time.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did they replace this part and did it fix the issue? Mine has gone in 2 times for this issue and they aren't able to fix it. Its starting to bug me big time.
They were able to fix the problem by replacing the driver's seat rails. No more rocking.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They were able to fix the problem by replacing the driver's seat rails. No more rocking.
Can you post the description from the service notes? I want to show it to my dealership and have them fix it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for this post! My S has the exact same problem with the driver's seat. It ruins what should be a visceral acceleration experience! I'm very happy to hear there is a fix (assuming I can convince my less than stellar dealer!).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts