Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual shows a front auxiliary power outlet roughly underneath the starter button, but there's not one there in our S. Other than the one in the armrest, I'm not finding one in the front of the car. Am I missing something?

I really don't want to use the one in the armrest since there's no pass-through, and hardwiring is out of the question since it's my wife's car and I'll only be using the radar detector a few times a year on road trips. Help!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
surely it can be hardwired
Yep...hardwiring is too invasive for the minimal use it would get, though. I'd rather just plug an extender in the outlet on the rear of the console when we take road trips.

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
One small item that I wish were included somewhere in front cabin area would be just a normal 110v power plug. My 2007 4 Runner has one in bottom of center console box and it has been enormously useful over the years.b

Reactions: Peter and RoonieQ

·
F Pace Expert
2,563 Posts
I noticed on my order configuration is says "DELETED SMOKERS PACKAGE" - maybe that would have had a plug/cigarette lighter up front. My gut feel is that I will eventually have some type of plug hard wired after market. If I don't go with built in radar detector I am not going to stretch a cord from center console to windshield.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any chance of resurrecting this thread? I need a hot outlet in the cargo compartment. It bothers me the outlet powers off shortly after the vehicle is turned off.
Does anyone have photos/directions of installing a hot outlet from the fuse compartment?

Thanks,
Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts