Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A poor attempt to build and sell a Camry as "sports sedan," at the North American Auto Show.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Lexus front with a horrible overbite, but what really bothers me is the dash. So many intersecting angles. Good on them for trying to reboot, just not my thing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Looks like a lonely tooth in the front.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing is hideous! OMG, it is ugly. A fake sports sedan. The rear floor looks flat which means this thing is FWD. Quad exhaust on a Camry? The new Kia Stinger blows this fake garbage out of the water in every way--looks and performance. What's up with Toyota Motor Company? The new Lexus RX is a fake performance SUV, and the new Camry is a fake sports sedan. I suppose some folks will fall for these vehicles. Probably a lot of people.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
The thing is hideous! OMG, it is ugly. A fake sports sedan. The rear floor looks flat which means this thing is FWD. Quad exhaust on a Camry? The new Kia Stinger blows this fake garbage out of the water in every way--looks and performance. What's up with Toyota Motor Company? The new Lexus RX is a fake performance SUV, and the new Camry is a fake sports sedan. I suppose some folks will fall for these vehicles. Probably a lot of people.
Well, judging by sales figures people LOVE it. I personally think the rear looks good, while I am confused on why TMC would put a quad exhaust on a Camry I still think it looks good. I also think the RX looks good from certain angles as well but I wouldn't say they branded it as a performance SUV, people may think that because the F-sport looks extremely aggressive but its the same plush, luxury vehicle people have come to know and love from Lexus.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, judging by sales figures people LOVE it. I personally think the rear looks good, while I am confused on why TMC would put a quad exhaust on a Camry I still think it looks good. I also think the RX looks good from certain angles as well but I wouldn't say they branded it as a performance SUV, people may think that because the F-sport looks extremely aggressive but its the same plush, luxury vehicle people have come to know and love from Lexus.
The Lexus commercials imply the new RX is a performance SUV. They will do the same thing when the quad-exhaust Camry comes out. Honda-Acura is already into the act. They are running Acura commercials implying that every Acura is a smokin' hot and fast sport sedan, when that simply isn't reality. Their platforms are consistently FWD. Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed driving my former 2013 Lexus GS 350. And I'm one of the few people I know who actually like the whole Lexus look, including the redesigned RX. But the Camry is a mess. The masses will buy anything considered "reliable." Personally, I don't like "me-too" cars. Cars I see everywhere. It's why I will never buy a car with either a Toyota nameplate or a Ford nameplate.

I might make an exception for Chevrolet (the ZL1). ;)

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I hate that everything is becoming "sporty". Really I do. I'm tempted to get a luxo-barge Volvo just to spite all the manufacturers who are making cars faster than they are making them luxurious.

I'm with James May...the Nurburgring is ruining cars.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I hate that everything is becoming "sporty". Really I do. I'm tempted to get a luxo-barge Volvo just to spite all the manufacturers who are making cars faster than they are making them luxurious.

I'm with James May...the Nurburgring is ruining cars.
I agree. I really hope Jaguar doesn't abandon bespoke wood and leather interiors. The new XJ (2019?) will be the test.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts